Sign in to follow this  
Smokecheck

70 years ago

Take some time today to reflect on Dec.7, 1941. A lot of brave young men were killed that Sunday morning. Pearl Harbor survivors are dwindling down rapidly and within a few years they will all be gone. Let's not forget them or what happened that day.

very well said. Sadly I completly forgot about this yesterday as I was rushing around in my day to day rat race and it wasn't until I got home and watched the news that I was reminded about it. I took a few mintues and remember this event, thanked those who gave their lives and those who survived who continued to fight. I don't care what anyone says, I think America has always had the best soliders around. Thank you to all veterans and those who have served this country so that me and my family may have a good life here.

Very well said indeed. American GI's have a habit of knowing exactly WHY they fight. The vast majority I have had any dealings with are NOT in the military for the job, or for personal gain or to support an academic ideal. Even in the 'war of the northern aggression' the troops on both sides fought for the same thing. When Americans fight it is for freedom for their families and children. Freedom is not a cause that a politician can co-opt for his own political gain as much as many try. We fight for something we believe is more important than our own lives. Almost universally we take our oath seriously and know it didn't go away went we left active duty. Since it is a God given right, it is outside the control of the government and they hate that fact and they hate us. Cowards always seem to want to use our brave young men in uniform for their own purposes; they also seem to ultimately fail. May it always be so.

REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR.

REMEMBER 9/11.