Sign in to follow this  
socalocalypse

What emergency scenario are you prepping for?!?

Recommended Posts

I typed up scenarios but rather than get sidetracked by them, I'll just say I'm prepping for 3 days of living 'rough' outdoors possibly, followed by enough stockpiled food and water to last for a month at home.

 

I will say this, if I'm going to bug out(no where to go really), I think the first 3 days will be the time to do it before 'help' arrives and traps us.

 

It goes without saying that I'm prepared with a varied arsenal.

 

How about you, what are your prepping goals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am prepping for weather related issues for the short term (mainly hurricane since we are about due) with an eye towards civil unrest as the world markets teeter. I do not think we have seen the worst of the financial crisis yet, but I fear it is coming.

 

Long term, I think we have overspent, overpopulated and over mechanized, and eventually the system is going to make a correction in one form or another. Recent articles have lead me to believe that in twenty years, potable water may be a more valuable resource than crude oil. Anyway, that is my two cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than a scenario I have focused on the outcome. Whether it is a Carrington Event, a truckers strike, a financial collapse, riots or a terrorist attack I think the likely outcome is a slide into a style of living similar to the late 1800's. We may or may not have power, water and sanitation. We won't have abundant fuel. The "just in time manufacturing" non-sense will see industry shut down and stores emptied. Law Enforcement will be present but perhaps spotty and the judicial system will be ineffective I fear.

 

This situation will lead to a condition where inner cities will become almost war zones. Police will contain, perhaps, but not patrol those areas. Ultimately, the environment will produce a pandemic of some type. As the hospitals collapse the bugs will be let loose on the population.

 

Rural areas (as in small towns) will have the best shot at survival. Enough people to have a functioning society but not more than is sustainable with local resources. That is a key, no city is sustainable with local resources. If you can't truck supplies in, the cities die. The question is will the gangs figure it out in time to leave the city and be a problem for the more rural areas? I don't think so; I'm not an expert on gangs but my limited experience makes me think they will stay and fight for "their" turf until it is too late for get out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capt,

 

I like the way you put it. I read a book entitled "Soft Apocalypse" that was really weak in a lot of areas, but made one point I found interesting. The characters kept thinking things were going to get better over time when in fact they got progressively worse and worse, but it was too incremental for them to notice until it was too late. Like when you boil a frog by slowly increasing the temperature of the water, they won't jump out of the pot. I think we are in the pot right now and the water is just a little warmer than it was yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capt, the one thing I'm afraid of is where everyone in the city ends up. Just guess work but if 55% of the people in a big city have friends and relatives how live outside of the city and they try to get to them a lot of them could get stuck somewhere in between.

 

Bill, Interesting point. I picked the book up when our local Super Book store went out of business but haven't got around to starting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prepare for the worst pray for the best

 

looking into the future I see financial problems we are 100% Europe is 165% over credit balances

Greece the reason why they are all up in arms is they will lose 50% value of their money

imagine in 1 day your money is cut in half minimum health care no backup no support for food etc.

 

so all of those with friends or family that have health concerns have all you need 90 days + meds

over the counter meds anything you can lay your hands on you may have to make it stretch going as

long between doses as you can also Canadian pharmacy 1-866-930-3784 and 1-866-920-3784

you can call and ask if they can supply your meds if so fax them a copy of a prescription and they

will ship to you and the prices are good and you can use your script to get your meds no pain meds

I do not think but asthma and thyroid etc that way you can have 6mo + it will take quite a while for

this to have an outcome and if 1983 was any guide 5 to 10 years or like japan 20 + years of financial

stagnation.

 

And I am speaking to all of you as if your best friend do not waste the time you have if you depend on

medications for your daily health if what I think will happen does we will be in deep trouble and

the value of our money will be much less but have to do twice as much

I have seen already women crying when they get their check because they know they will not have

enough to cover their bills I have not seen this kind of thing from people who make more than minimum

wage before.

We have come to the crossroads where the average wage will not support 1 person even without a

vehicle much less with a kid or so and if our money does what I think can happen many helps like

food stamps and child medical will not be available..

 

I know many have abused the system and some have been allowed to take when they have never

paid in but will that be any consolation when you see children starving in the U.S.

people sleeping in the streets fear of leaving your home because it will get broken into.

this will not be like the depression we have many more criminals and too many elderly

and less area at local level to grow enough food and most people have no actual practice at growing

or survival.

 

I saw a special on the homeless in Florida it was sickening the people were not lazy or stupid

their only sin was to be at the age where starting a family and having a home is normal

and due to lack of jobs they have lost their homes and are living in whatever they can

cars garages vans and shelters no water no money for food and our food banks are strained to

the limit in many areas and even if they get the food no where to prepare it, they think.

because they were not schooled in camping and out door activities I feel for them I have had that

horrible sensation of not knowing what to do it happens to all of us in one way or another.

sometimes we are out of our depth for no fault of our own, and I think it will get much worse

so please prepare it really costs nothing as food will not go bad quickly,and you have to have it anyway.

and if I am wrong you will just be able to cruise for months and use your money for fun

 

try to have at least 6 months worth of food and medications and a month worth of water

and some extra fuel for your vehicle.

even a small generator and some alternative lights like kerosene lamps or led puck lights.

when the govt. tells you to be prepared something is in the wind either they know about what and

about when or the figure they might be powerless or to broke to help, each disaster has weakened

us if you have noticed it take a little longer each time the power company was just that close from

filing bankruptcy because of the price to replace the power lines as metal prices were so high

it can happen it has happened and it could again.

 

a person I know i told him 2 years ago he did not act he has been out of a job for 7 months

and sold everything his only salvation was he owed his trailer and property or else he would

be homeless he has been scraping metal but when the economy bites it so will metal prices

and there is a lot of competition he is behind on his bills i see him now and then we do not speak

what would we say? he is not a friend just an acquaintance but he thought his job was secure,

until they sold the company and moved it lock stock and barrel to Mexico.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rather than a scenario I have focused on the outcome. Whether it is a Carrington Event, a truckers strike, a financial collapse, riots or a terrorist attack I think the likely outcome is a slide into a style of living similar to the late 1800's. We may or may not have power, water and sanitation. We won't have abundant fuel. The "just in time manufacturing" non-sense will see industry shut down and stores emptied. Law Enforcement will be present but perhaps spotty and the judicial system will be ineffective I fear.

 

This situation will lead to a condition where inner cities will become almost war zones. Police will contain, perhaps, but not patrol those areas. Ultimately, the environment will produce a pandemic of some type. As the hospitals collapse the bugs will be let loose on the population.

 

Rural areas (as in small towns) will have the best shot at survival. Enough people to have a functioning society but not more than is sustainable with local resources. That is a key, no city is sustainable with local resources. If you can't truck supplies in, the cities die. The question is will the gangs figure it out in time to leave the city and be a problem for the more rural areas? I don't think so; I'm not an expert on gangs but my limited experience makes me think they will stay and fight for "their" turf until it is too late for get out.

This...which is why I hate living in the city, but can't do much about it now. Prepare for the most likely scenario in your area, prepare to the best of your abilities, limits, etc, and pray for the best is really all you can do. Would I love to have 100 acres with a well or 2, some personal crops, stockpiles of food and ammo, gas, etc, sure who wouldn't, but I have to realistic. Of course I've got time, assuming everything doesn't collapse tomorrow, but I'm also not going to lose sleep over worrying about tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

civil unrest

 

with the amount of civil liberties being sold up shit creek, along with living in a VERY urban and heavy populated city, militarized police force and socialism running rampant, i am very concerned for the welfare of my family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, I try not to over prep for anything specific because if something else happens you might be unprepared. I like prepping generlaly for most things and then to me it seems logical to prep for the most prevalant situation environmentally in your area, earthquake, storms, and the such

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, the general survival of being trapped in the car after crashing into a snow bank between towns in the middle of a blizzard. other than that, I try and stay versatile. i have a place to go. I have a means of getting there. We have cash on hand for last minute purchases, and i have a snap play in my mind at all times. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, within your means. Damn means...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Years ago

 

I loved living in the cities the world over right in the thick of it.

 

the convenience 24 hour parties and restaurants movies bars shopping hit an airport and GONE....

I still understand the lure and work is still more abundant, now I feel it can be a trap unlike years ago.

getting out may be a problem and living in apartments is so dangerous as in arson during times

of unrest every kind of freak comes out of the wood work.

all that any roving band has to do is burn out the residents and rob them.

 

if anything history has shown me is that emergency services will be unable to handle the volume of

calls even if communications are not compromised.

Mumbai, India forkin' hate the name the old name Bombay was much cooler

sounds like a a old geezer mumbling through oatmeal many countries have changed names and it sucks.

back to Mumbai when the attacks happened the whole city was in turmoil.

It bothers me that Americans have not GOT IT the facade of security only holds up as long as we

all attempt to be civil to each other and have the normal and reasonable fear of the law,

once that is out the window it's kattie bar the door.

literally the government will lock every one down when everyone is trying to leave.

 

I have no real good advice other than get out as quick as you can if you have a storage unit on high

ground, it may have to be a temp bug make sure it is fairly secure and made well roll up doors can be

wedged from inside and have water and waste have some quick lime and a potty chair for comfort

find one at a resale shop or auction food well MRE's may be your best bet and keep it organized.

so you can back your car in loaded with what your bugging out with.

it goes against the grain but a motorcycle . moped big enough if there are only 2 of you but you

need to get out fast and have enough food gas and water to get to the location you have chosen.

 

consider covering above ground instead of bury as it makes it easier to get to and it can be made

to look like a brush pile or sand whatever in your area that looks innocuous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...living in apartments is so dangerous as in arson during times

of unrest every kind of freak comes out of the wood work...

I would also be afraid to the guy who has live on the electric stove and microwave trying to cook with fire and burning the place down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great advice, Snake!

 

My friend just sent me a link to an article about Marines practicing for martial law in his neighborhood this summer. Great.

 

I live in LA. I don't know if you heard about him, but a guy broke up with his girlfriend and started shooting at cars at an intersection the other day down the street from me.

 

I nearly had to pull a knife on a guy at Chipotle tonight because he was threatening this woman and her kid with a weapon. Thank god it ended peacefully.

 

This is normal stuff. What's it going to be like when SHTF? I live in a good neighborhood, too, which will help. Most people burn and loot within walking distance of their home, but that doesn't mean it's going to be fun living here after troops invade and shut down the city.

 

I'm hoping I can dispose of junk and make enough money this next year to move before it goes down. I should be so lucky, but it's a good goal at least. :)

 

I'm thinking about wyoming, or CO, maybe Ohio or Texas. I have no clue what I'll do for work, but I do know I gotta make the jump sooner or later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any and all,

I personally think the dollar is going to fall and everything we know with it. It's already happening in other country's and it's started here.

I don't think it matters how it starts I think it will all be the same in the end, we will left to fend for yourself in the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

socalocalypse

 

well i Do not know what to advise on state they all have bad and good points

 

ohio no work colorado depends but the same wyoming colder than a well diggers ass for months and months

texas south texas has work oil field but what and how much I have no Idea its boom and bust I seen it come and goabd south texas is a different world..

 

it all depends on how much you have to spend and what you can do everyone around here is

hand to mouth and i figure it will get tougher still it depends on your profession or skills.

 

it all depends on how much land is because you have to own it it is not going to help getting repoed

and if land is cheap then work is sparse it seems to go hand in hand in some areas it does not matter

cheap is relative they count on money from retirees..

 

after this drought here i do not know if a garden is viable and raising animals in the heat is harder

I had thought of Arkansas but taxes and other hear say makes me think it may not be ideal.

 

look for land you can buy cash and get a title search by a reputable and bonded title company

and make sure you have enough to build a small place and it has septic {not city sewer} water and power

and other amenities to suite you see if wells are in the area and how deep or creeks or creek beds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

food large quantitiesand survival stuffs and chemicals

 

5 to 6 gallons cheap pure bleach no additives for purifying water 4 drops 1/4 tsp per gallon.

I have no idea what I am preparing for but here is a partial list

 

 

pure natural hardwood charcoal no additives 5 bags

 

lye 5# buy at feed stores for soap making and making hominy has other uses

 

deamon wp powder insecticide 3 or 4 pouches or a pound

 

sugar and salt do not need special prep just place into clean barrels or buckets

 

salt 200# buy granulated for water softener in 40# bags its pure

 

5 # iodized salt

 

5 bags "morton tender quick" a special salt with salt petre to dry preserve and jerk meat

 

sugar 200#

 

all grains should be frozen for7 to 10 days to kill weavils etc. and placed in buckets like from pool bleach cleaned and use mylar bags if possible from www.beprepared.com

 

rice 200#

 

flour 200 #

 

wheat flour 25#

 

rye flour 25 #

 

corn meal 100#

 

oats / oatmeal 5 to 10 large boxes

 

baking soda 50# sam's wholesale and walmart have theses in

13 pound bags

about 3 or 4 of theses

 

baking powder 6-10# sam's ---

 

buttermilk powder 6 cans

 

cocoa powder 6 cans

 

powdered sugar 5 bags

 

brown sugar 10 bags

 

mollasses 12 jar case

 

suryp 12 bottle case

 

honey 2 gallons

 

a note on canned food products do not buy pull top cans look for standard cans that require a can opener

 

canned milk 24 can case 2 cases

 

canned milk large can 2 case

 

condensed milk 12 cans

 

vegetables 2 - 12 can cases of each / all vegetables and greens

 

fruits cans and jars get a good selection cherries peaches pears tropical mixed cases of all for deserts cakes pies

 

raisins 4 to 6 large boxes they do not go bad and can be used to make yeast for breads

 

canned 14 oz beef w/ gravy, chicken, ham, tuna 20 of each or more

 

2 pound canned hams 10 to 20

 

vienna sausage 2 or more cases

 

canned potted meat or such 2 cases

 

crackers 1 case

 

vinagar 5 to 10 gallons for pickling vegetables eggs and corning meat

 

apple cider vinagar 2 to 5 gallons

 

distilled water Not for drinking 20 to 30 gallons

 

tea family bag style 6 - 12 large boxes

 

coffee case of large vacuum sealed bags

 

cool aid all kinds especially lemon aid buy extra sugar for this item.

 

other sugar free drink mixes assorted

 

ascorbic acid powder good to coat fruit and vegetables for drying

 

pectin for making jelly preserves......

 

bullion beef and chicken bullion and if you can find it vegetable bullion jars of powder the cubes go bad to quick and powder allow for control of amount better

 

soy sauce 1 gallon

 

teriayaki sauce

 

worstercheshire sauce

 

spices

 

alum for pickles

 

bay leaf large jar

 

Cinnamon 2# pounds

 

corriander 1# pound

#

cloves whole 1 pound

 

pepper 5#

 

pickling spice 1#

 

cayanne pepper 1#

 

nutmeg whole 6 peices

 

dried onion powder and sliced

 

garlic powder and in jar

 

vanilla 6 or so bottles

 

flavorings almond rum etc........

 

hand operated pasta machine

 

hand operated blender www.beprepared.com

 

stainless steel pots stock pots pans bowls utinsels measuring cups & spoons meat knifes saws gambrel and a game hoist as much stainless cups pans plates trays aluminum and teflon will not do

 

vacumm sealer for ball mason jars from bass pro shops for small an wide mouth jars you can use a brake bleeder with gauge on it or home food vacuum sealer with hose attachment

 

a brake bleeder with a gauge can seal dry goods in mason jars

 

bread pans and cornbread pans sheet pans stainless or metal not teflon coated

 

American pressure canner does not need a rubber seal has pressure gauge and multi weighted rocker need at least a 21 quart model

 

ball / mason wide mouth jars 10 boxes pints 10 boxes quarts and

2 boxes 1/2 gallon get extra lids and rings get some regular 1/2 pint and pints and lids also

 

2 to 3 gallon stoneware crock

 

glass jars with glass lids 1/2 to 1 gallon like old peanut candy jars

 

powdered sulfer from gardening center old anti biotic do a skin scratch test before using as a balm it area swells or get real red do not use as a topical medication can use on all animals

 

boric acid powder case bottles for bug killer and is a fire retardant

 

epsom salt for soaking and adds manesium to soil for plants

 

sevin dust case of cans

 

diatomaceous earth bag or 2 good for ants and cockroaches any bug with an exo-skeleton.

 

quick lime 2 bags = 100 pounds

 

mice bait traps

 

Duke animal traps jaw type and live type

 

kerosene 5 gallons and kerosene / oil lamps metal and or glass ones they use kerosene and parafin oil

 

medications

 

at least 90 days minimum lie steal go to different doctors what ever and you may have to streach them out try to get amoxicillin and cephalexin and cepro if you can

 

peroxide 1 gallon

 

alcohol 1 gallon

 

mentholated alcohol 1 gallon

 

vicks vapo rub type

 

heat rub and icey hot

 

iodine

 

provo iodine wash large

 

clove oil

 

eucalptus oil

 

tea tree oil

 

red cross toothache medicine

 

cough medicine 6 big bottles

 

nyquill cold medication 6 bottles

 

cough drops 6 bags

 

asprin a bunch

 

tylenol 1,000 caps

 

advil/ aleeve

 

immodium anti diareahal meds

 

antacid tabs couple of big bottles

 

flax oil or poop pills

 

large jug of non gas fiber drink mix

 

vitamins a, b complex, c, d, and multi

 

band aids bandages

 

white sheets any size cut into coveres rags for bandages making cheese covering food from insects.

 

 

sewing needles assortment

 

unwaxed dental floss for sewing up humans and animals.

 

apolstery needles assortment

 

safety pins assorted sizes

 

ace bandages different sizes

 

rubber tubing 10 foot or so

 

douche bag / hot water bottle kit with attachments.

 

soap lemon or citrus large bottles spray on yard kills lots of bugs

 

eye glasses cheaters magnifying mirrors different powers

 

multiple swiss army knifes with tooth picks and tweezers

 

multi tools pliers cutters knife screwdrivers etc...

 

binoculars hand size 8 x 20 are fine and small

 

hand radios like for hunting 2 mile +limit at least

 

batteries name brand and recharable aaa aa at least 4 c and d size and some 9 volt

 

a smart charger and a solar charger that recharces all kinds of batteries

 

diesel generator with an old propane tank full of fuel and fuel treatment in it to retard MOSS YES MOSS and also it will stabilize fuel why diesel because fuel lasts for many years and requires no spark try to get one that has a coupling section between generator and motor...

 

optima 12 volt yellow top model d31t batteries

 

50 watt solar panel name brand like kyocera or BP 4 or more

 

land type wind generator

 

xantrex charge controller for charging and maintaining batteries

 

inverter a couple 1000 watt or better for house at least a 400 watt for car or truck to run medical equipment like vaporizers etc..

 

12 volt plugs wire and connectors low temp solder solder gun battery or 12 volt no 110 volt

and 12 volt fans car coolers / refer lights led's if possible less battery draw..

 

 

Duke animal / spring traps and live traps assorted sizes

 

 

aircraft cable 1/8th inch for snares and other projects

 

550# parachute cord 300 to 500 feet

 

budk on the internet sell rough use knifes very good survival knifes and cheap

 

Books and maps of local area topo and general

 

ball canning book

 

butchering processing and preservation of meat

 

foxfire book #1 others are redundant

 

hints from heloise

 

time life home wiring book wiring solar systems

 

first aid hand book

 

trapping animals and traps

 

readers digest back to basics

 

bible and any other survival camping books you have

 

wood heater some propane bottles 30 pounders full and a gas stove / burner no smoke to give away your position

 

a bunch of bic lighters cheap ones fail buy bic only

 

clothing wranglers or levis heavy cotton shirts long sleeve and cold weather clothing leather boots and rubber boots plenty of socks head nets for bugs and helps for camoflage also buy dozen packs of leather and cloth gloves

 

bug repelent like deet and avon skin so soft

 

plastic barrels blue that had food stuff and soap or black barrels that had acids check the lables make sure they have good bungs / caps clean with soap and rinse with baking soda and rinse again let dry fill and seal till needed get 30 and 55 gallon at least 6

 

barrel bung wrench www.beprepared.com

 

a large water tank inside on site to catch rain water you will need gutters and blue nile hose get large auto hose clamp assortment also.

 

screws wont work if you cannot charge or use a drill nails and all kinds of hand tools carpenters pencils

 

pvc is useless as glue goes bad need compression repair fittings and screw on tubing adapters and plastic tubing and fittings

 

ok now these companies have 25 year long term storage food in

#10 can about a gallon size

 

www.beprepared.com

 

www.shelfreliance.com

 

www.grandmascountryfoods.com/

Edited by juzcallmesnake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I scrounge every time I go out for better tech and go to auctions and

swap trade meets go on craigs list ebay where ever and find what I need

or want.

 

I am not clairvoyant but I can predict financial problems with better than

average success and we have a few in the next couple of years that can

cause severe problems..

 

add any other event and you have a catastrophe it may be regional

but it can and will effect us all it takes a couple of years to gather

some of this but consider before we had the 7 year strategic reserve

every thing on this list was at one time stored or we had 7 years available

they have canned water that is still good from the 1950's

most scripts do not go bad it is a misnomer expiration dates are bogus

 

look at my other posts on how to check a can and a glass jar as long as

the lid is not able to click or move when the top is pushed it fine

salted meat and fish have been found to be good after over a hundred

years we have been fed a line of crap and caners are making this pop top

crap just at the time when we need a stable sustainable food source.

plastic fruit cups and vacuum sealed meals in plasticized cardboard will

not last card board boxes will be eaten by roaches and silverfish

noodles in a sealed jar will last many many years

 

Ball Mason Kerr jars and lids and rings wide mouth quarts and pints

and a pressure caner like the american model

the bass pro shops have an adapter that uses a vacuum sealer for jars for dried fruits and vegetables

and jerky opened canes of dehydrated and freeze dried foods air is your enemy off flavors and absorbed

tastes turn good food into crap edible but lousy tasting powdered eggs I have heard all the B.S. they are

great for cooking and OK as eggs but there is a recipe to make them taste better find it print it.

 

there are hand operated grinders mills mixers blenders oil extractors pasta makers and many more do not

count on power an RV type refrigerator will run a year on 300 gallons of propane use 12 volt or 120 volt

to augment when available and you can extend it for much longer.

 

even if there are no events or collapse can you live off your social security if jobs are still scarce?

you think they want to hire your old ass guess again and if your sickly or your other is having pains

everyone when your healthy never bothers to think what will happen if only your world turns to crap.

look under bridges women's shelters the lines at the food banks those people for all wants and purposes

feel like TEOTWAWKI is already here it is just a matter of point of view if you have lost everything

looking forward how many years will it take to own a house a car and be able to relax and take a vacation.

ask the auto workers since 1977 till now how many still have their jobs.

 

people who have not got out of debt and own their home and at least one car

are now screwed fear is biting their ass, divorces, arguments, bills pilling up none of my neighbors can't go a year without loosing gas power trash or phone service for non payment and none of them have cable tv

for very long and always pawning something always in a bind.

 

women are throwing themselves

at anyone who looks like they got a couple of nickles to rub together.

if I had a nickle for every time someone told me my job will be there or I make good money but I got

insurance, until your sick or company sells out cobra you have to be able to afford it, or slowdowns

and what are you going to do now hot shot.

 

you folks better wake up before someone starts throwing dirt in your face.

 

Start Rant kinda.....

 

and by the grace of GOD he must have stuck the Idea in my head because I am not that responsible

how it happened? I was less than what I thought I should be and had not prayed regular

so I started praying not so much for myself but general prayers and praise and I starting

noticing a trend.

my conscience started working and i was doing things better and easier and wanted to.

Not me at all..

 

I do not understand the trinity I believe it because the bible states that is the way it is.

GOD is spirit Jesus is flesh and the holy Spirit comes from Jesus Christ He stated he would send us a helper

{the holy spirit} and they all are one.

 

there are a few verses that floor me because i have to do nothing but ask I do not have to prove anything before also Jesus does not act or speak as anyone else and if you read when he interacts with

people in the Bible he does not accuse he just tells the truth and it makes things happen.

 

When Christ was taken in the garden and Judas brought the troops to identify and arrest Jesus.

Simon Peter who had cut off the ear of Malchus, a servant of Caiaphas, the high priest. Luke adds that

Jesus healed the wound. John, Matthew,

and Luke state that Jesus criticized the violent act, insisting that they do not resist Jesus' arrest.

 

recently an ostuary box was found with the name Caiaphas carved in it it is not a normal or common name

in the time of Jesus or any other time you can look this up

josephus Flavius a historian non christian speaks of Jesus and Caiaphas and others mentioned in scriptures.

 

the thief on the cross would be dead shortly and could not make amends or change Jesus stated he would be in paradise and forgave those who were crucifying him.

 

1. all that call upon the name of the lord Jesus / Yeshua SHALL BE SAVED.

2. and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more" (Hebrews 8:10-12 KJV)

3."Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." This specific phrase is used three times

in the Scriptures (Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21, and Romans 10:13

 

Christians are lousy just like AA drunks we are not perfect just want to be better and try a different route

yes we can go back to our old ways we can be half ass and forget what we are trying to do and screw up.

we are just like everyone else the real ones just try not to mess up some are fakes using it for their own

gain.

and I have sometimes had keep going when I did not feel like it just because you say I am a christian

does not mean I am happy all the time or good all the time and some of these goodie 2 shoes tick me off

it makes the rest of us feel like we cannot measure up or have failed then we hear that they have

screwed the pooch and we are torn between wanting to walk away or laugh at them or do what we are

suppose to do and pray because it could have been us just as easy, and many of us forget where we

come from if all this plays out I wont know how I did until the score is tallied

and I am sure I wont make a perfect score but my coach won't kick me off the team either.

So what you say, well it's his word if we believe he paid our ticket and we ride free.

 

just think of it as if years ago you would have had faith in apple electronics and bought 1000 dollars

of stock do you think you would have money worries now?

well I have seen Enron and MF Global and Bernie Madoff I think I am better off to place my faith and trust

in what has been working for me so far I am not rich but have all I need do I have all I want NO but I am

happy and content and I was not before.

I would rather be me today than the crazy sh*t house rat I was.

And I want to stay this way and get better at it do I screw up you bet I am still me just like restoring an

old car takes time and even when your done you still have to care for it..

 

where does this all play into this thread its called peace of mind

I believe what many of you do and I do not want to be a burden I want to try to stand on my own 2 feet

and get through this with as little damage to me or others as possible.

and rebuild or restart however it works out I am a player not on the bench or wringing my hands

if your ship is sinking and you do not grab a life vest your a dumb ass

prepping is your life vest and it can save more than one, and no matter how bad things have been

there has always been someone who was doing better than others because they were prepared

and try not to rub it in and at the same time it is not your responsibility to save everyone hard times

forge people nor is it your job to push them into the dirt try to be fair and honest with each other

or else we will be right back to where we are now.

all I know is I wont be the king that job in heaven is already taken, I just hope I don't screw up so bad

that I am last on the list in, but it does not really matter if you invited to the party all the drinks and food are great and your seating too as you know the owner and the accommodation are all arranged.

 

End Rant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awake, zombies are easy, they are mindless, wandering dead...try to face a horde of living, breathing, thinking, vengful, scared, hungry, thristy people..

 

Just joking about the zombies. Working on E&E for the horde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reminds me of a friend who was looking to buy a truck a few years back. When we were talking he indicated that he wanted the truck to be big enough to haul a load of rocks if he needed to. I asked him how many loads of rocks he had hauled in the last year. The answer was ZERO. So he wanted a big, expensive to operate, truck just in case he wanted to haul a load of rocks that would be used most of the ime for everything else that one does with a truck.

 

There are always extremes - to me thay fall into the 20% probability of happining category. We make most of our Prep plans for the other 80% probability of happining category - storm related power outages, temporary food shortages at the grocery store, financial devaluing of the $, home defence against vandalism or other crimes. We have for sure, done some Prepping for the other 20% probability category (long term food and water storage etc) but that is not our main focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This reminds me of a friend who was looking to buy a truck a few years back. When we were talking he indicated that he wanted the truck to be big enough to haul a load of rocks if he needed to. I asked him how many loads of rocks he had hauled in the last year. The answer was ZERO. So he wanted a big, expensive to operate, truck just in case he wanted to haul a load of rocks that would be used most of the ime for everything else that one does with a truck.

 

There are always extremes - to me thay fall into the 20% probability of happining category. We make most of our Prep plans for the other 80% probability of happining category - storm related power outages, temporary food shortages at the grocery store, financial devaluing of the $, home defence against vandalism or other crimes. We have for sure, done some Prepping for the other 20% probability category (long term food and water storage etc) but that is not our main focus.

 

Well said, sir. "Because I want it" is an acceptable reason IF you can accept the loss of the other things you are not getting. We forget that the cost of something is more than just the dollar value. The "cost of ownership" must include the things that you did not get because you bought this truck or that gun. If I buy an M1 Carbine "because I want it" I must accept the preps that I did not buy with that $1000.

 

I've always used a 90%-10% ratio but won't quibble about 80-20. Same way with weapons. Get the weapons that will do 80 or 90% of the survival jobs. (HINT: Combat is NOT part of the 90%!) The remaining 10% you can improvise for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this