Sign in to follow this  
P210SIG

A Brick of 22lr ammo. What does it cost these days.

With the shortage of ammo going these days, what's the cost of a brick of 22lr in your area?

I mean a brick of 500 rounds. Sure the premium stuff like Eley, Lapua, are way more expencive, but i'm talking about the regular stuff. I know bricks can be had in 333, 500, 525 & 550 rounds depending on name brand & type. Back in the day a brick was 500 rds. I'm old school.

If your not " Physically Fit ", then your just Food for the Zombies.LOL.

In GOD I Trust, Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!

a brick of 500 is between $50-60 around here if you can get it, Cabelas had it for $32 but it's gone now

WOW! That's pricy.

The price for CCI Stingers sell for $52 for a brick at Le Barons. That when they have it in stock.

Last time I was told a shipment of CCI's came in, a crate full. It was all gone in 20 minutes.

I haven't seen 22 ammo in a store since October. The Walmart supposedly gets some occasionally but it sells to the people who have been waiting in line for it for 45 minutes plus. Cabelas had Remington golden bullets for $27 that sold instantly with a 1 brick/customer limit according to a friend who was there. I just got 1800rds of Federal Automatch for $160 from an individual. The neighbor kid needs some to get dialed in for the shoots the NRA is sponsoring at junior rodeos. I will give him what he needs and keep the rest. It was to high, but it was what I could find.

Another guy I know had a table at a gun show in Oklahoma recently, bricks were going for $60 to $125 depending on the seller. The show sold out by the end he said. Crazy.

Dick's Sporting Goods in Burlington,NC has 50rd boxes of Winchester 22LR for $10.00 a box with a three box limit per customer.

That works out to $100 for 500rds. Price gouge!

yeppers that is why if and when things get back to NoRmAl if they do before something else happens better get about

3 or 4 bricks for each rod you got and 1K for everything else per each keep it in a A can keeps it dry and no humidity

inside in a cool area like under a bed or the back of a closet and forget it if you wan to shoot buy some shoot it and keep the brass

in boxer primed center fire if it is berdan chunk them.

my personal thought is if you have a 22 and less than 5K your crazy, because that is the meat getter go to hunting round

it is like a bow in the way you need to implement it stealth use every trick to your advantage get close or have a blind or stand

bait and lay near game trails know their vital spot and be a good marksman even little birdies and tree rats if you head shoot

them are good eating ot if you have a single shot you can use 22 shorts shot cb's cb bb's and subsonic rounds it is all good as long

as you suit the shell to your hunt.

here I have not seen a brick of 22's for months and if you do they are gone in minutes I got 2 100 round CCI 22 std lead heads

for 7.89 per hundred but I am used to paying that for CCI HV 40 grain copper plated I did not need them but i figured I may want to

shoot my single shot.

yeah i bought a 100rd brick of CCI the other day. $20 just wow.. Im not too concerned with it right now though as i have close 9k rounds of .22lr already stocked ..just sucks for replenishment if i want to plink a lot

For anyone who cares

plinking is the most valuable form of shooting use different stances and from different angles

up and down hill and over water it makes a person a better shooter many of us learned with a 22

shooting at small targets like a 9MM case at 25 yards is proportionally similar to a long shot on a deer .

I hope the prices and stock gets back to normal soon for the sake of new shooters to get trigger time.

Im north NJ at Dicks they sell ammo no rise in price but they get very little in and it go s fast 223s 8.00 a box limit 3 boxes and they only get about 20 30 boxes in 22s i'm told they get the Winchester 22s in a plastic ammo boxes 1000 rounds for 83.00 and im told they only get about 6 of those

The real problem with these kind of prices/availability is the wet blanket effect on practicing. When replacement ammo is hard to come by, folks just naturally seem to want to conserve the stuff. Finding .30-30 ammo is a pain right now so I don't shoot it and I should be firing everything I have. This just stinks.

Fortunately, .22 is still available, although too expensive and not enough, so firing it is still an acceptable practice but some of the pistol stuff really is hard to come by .... unless you work for HSA.

Was in Houston today for work...

While cruising around looking for a place to eat I saw a sign 'Freedom Munitions'.

Turns out its an ammo store, they had .38, .40 S&W and various rifle calibers. They were selling them in cartons of 500 rounds in each carton.

The box of .40 I picked up to look at was priced at $208 for 500 rounds.

They did have .223 in stock, with 7.62x39 coming in on Friday.

I asked and they do have a website, the store guy told me it was separate from the store.

Great Caesars Ghost VB you did not look at the rifle ammo????

just kidding well I see some ammo coming back but with present oversight anything can come from any quarter

so when I see something I need I get it as long as the price is worth what I am willing to give certain ammo

I would not buy or resell as it is junk there are not many but if you don't know they are range fodder only

and even at that they are not to be counted on to sight in or more than break in your THINGY.....

Went to a outdoor store called Sail yesterday.

Spoke to a sales help in the gun room & talk about 22lr ammo came up.

He was saying that CCI produced about 4 million .22 rimfire every day.

That's a lot of rounds.

If that is true, why is their a shortage in 22lr ammo & the sky rocket prices??

Anyone care to share knowledge about ammo production with CCi, Rem, Winchester etc .

Still haven't seen a brick of 22LR on a shelf since November here. I did buy the first ammo I've bought in a long while yesterday. It was raining pretty hard all morning so when I got to Walmart to pick up ranch supplies at 9am they still had ammo on the shelf. Probably 30 boxes of Tula 223 FMJ ammo and 2 boxes of Federal 9mm 115gr JHP. They have a 3 box limit so I got all the 9mm and one box of 223. Cabelas just had Remington UMC 100 packs of 9mm 115gr ball ammo for $29.99, ordered 5 of those just now. They will sell out real soon.

Read a good stat on 22 ammo:

Assume the make 50 million rounds a week.

Every state gets 1 million rounds per week.

That's 2,000 500 round boxes per state.

100 retailers per State at 20 boxes per retailer.

Are there more than 100 retailers in your state selling more than 20 boxes? Yes.

Are we producing 50 million rounds a week. No.

Got out your abacus and lubed it huh BamaMan .... great post though if people extrapolated that further they would find

it takes a lot to go for let us guess about 10 years of a depression in fact the depression was not really settled it was interrupted

by the second world war so artificially it was altered but we can look at Japan and they have been in a malaise for 20 +

years although not a true depression it just a example of how long a financial situation could last.

Hunting is a word that does not mean finding or getting if you hunted small game and hit all of them and you were feeding

a family of 4 that takes at least 2 shots for lets say a rabbit and a squirrel or a bird now work that out for 365 days

there is 2 bricks of shells right there now I know some will trap and fish but you still need to have PROTECTION as it

will not be safe if you have food hobo's use to kill each other for a partial bottle of wine if you think it will be all peaches

and cream I don't know what to tell you, people have been fighting and killing over tennis shoes recently so keep it in mind.

when fishing i would always have a rod just in case I saw a coon or rabbit even shot frogs on the bank never pass up a meal

when it is offered many a day I have been skunked and not found or caught anything and that was in the good old days.

eat what will go bad and smoke salt or jerk the rest for those days where you have an empty poke.