Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LittleJon126

Hello from Saint Louis, MO

7 posts in this topic

Howdy fellow survival-types!

My name is Jon, and I'm into preparedness. I'm 28 years old, currently a Tier III Armed Security Officer working in the Metro STL area, and I'm working towards accruing more certifications and such in the hopes of moving into security management. My current post is pretty interesting, but in the next few weeks I'm being reassigned to one of the larger area PD's to provide security services on the weekends. Sounds crazy, I know; contract security at a police station, but we're less expensive than anchoring down LEO to fill the void and we're an insurance write off. Police officers are not a write-off, even if they're generally better trained than we are (and duh, quite capable of providing security.) Anywho, I'm getting off point. My collegiate endeavors include a degree in Criminal Justice, though I have formal training through one of the area police academies and experience in a lot more than just paperwork.

Like any good survivalist, I'm interested in a lot of different things. Naturally, I enjoy shooting, and have NRA ratings in several disciplines and some competitive experience under my belt. I'm not really into hunting or fishing, but it's mostly out of a lack of experience. I could definitely use some professional tutoring. I like to tinker and modify existing items to suit my purposes; from refinishing riflestocks to tinkering under the hood of old pickups, I like turning screws. I'm a good cook, have more than a few years of martial arts experience now (Judo and Shotokan), backpacking, watching zombie flicks, and hanging out with my family. My girlfriend is also into preparedness (and helps keep me grounded) and her son has a cute little bugout bag of his own, ready to rock and roll. He's 4, and he's going to be awesome!

I look forward to getting to know y'all, and learning with you. Take care, be safe.

~LittleJon

Welcome aboard littlejon...................lot's of good people here so jump in whenever you can...............we all learn from each other

Welcome from the STL....where'd you to school:rolleyes: just kidding we like our grey here. We have a great community here and are alway ready to talk about ourselves and the things we love, so ask away!

Duh that slippery edit button! I to am in security here in the Lou just the other side, all the electronic aspects. Been doing it for damn near 20 years now, great place for our business....alway a demand!