Sign in to follow this  
SEAN

Tools for your bob

Im really new to this forum, I haven't had time to read everything. So Im sorry if im posting anything that has already had the stage.

But today I bring you what I think would make a great contribution to any Bug Out Bag.

The Lock Pick Set, A good Alan Key Set, and a compact tool set. Im sure I dont have to tell you why you would need any of these items. The lock pick set i got at budk.com and the tools in the bargain bin at home depot. both were like 5 bucks each. You wont always want to smash open a window and after breaking your ankle while attempting to kick the door in you will wish you had your lock pick set. Learn how to use them. Don't wait till your forced to learn them.

post-1372-13851497672615_thumb.jpg

Edited by SEAN

Something you might add are torx bits. They make a set like Alan key set you are showing. I know alot of the spring assist knives today use torx head screws. Just be sure your torx bits fit whats in your bag. I did add a small pair of 4" vise grips and a 6" crescent wrench to my bag. Need to get lock picks though.

not a bad idea there Sean.

For me, 6-in-1 screwdriver, needle nose pliars, medium vise-grip, wire cutter/strippers, chanel-lock, crecent wrench, and a demolition hammer/crowbar. and x2 on silverwolf55's list

Rayz - When all hell breaks lose there will be no laws. These are for a survival purpose only. I built my bag for long term bug out.

SilverWolf - Torq bits are def a must, need to get some for sure. I have some but not the type I want to carry. Thanks for reminding me.

Tinderwolf - Yeah man, a good set is kinda pricey. I think these were around 40bucks. I used to make them with straight steal and a grinder. I still have many of them. I got the pen lock pick set but it sucked. This set will open any lock with the right person using them. Two shells to the hinges is easier. But I dont want to let anyone know where I am during any type of bug'ing out. Thats my automatic door opener when I am in a hurry.

Floyd - We prob have the same demo hammer. Its a wild ass tool. Its heavy but I wouldnt leave with out it.

Thanks everyone for there thoughts. I def need to step my tool game up in my bag.

definitely adding Fence pliers to my bag now Wolf. Have a Fat Max type tool that I use more then I ever thought I would. Its heavy but its in my bag. Thanks guys you all rock and will survive the end of times. lol

i would just like to add some tools to your list

post-1178-13851497684107_thumb.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004O9D276/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=survcach-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004O9D276

a lot of guys i know carry these wrenches

-there are measurement markings on the jaws so you can size bolt heads

-good quality

-the jaws on the other end work like a pipe wrench so you can grip smaller diameter pipes with em

post-1178-1385149768425_thumb.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R7ZA1K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=survcach-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000R7ZA1K

i just put one of these on my christmas list. this is a AC voltage detector / LED light, basically you hold this next to a wire and the magnetic field induced by AC voltage in the wire will cause the blue light to glow red, meaning the line is hot. great for double checking that breaker you just shut off is really shut off, or electrical troubleshooting.

post-1178-13851497684381_thumb.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ER89C6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=survcach-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004ER89C6

this is the multitool i prefer to carry with me, it is uncomplicated and has the bare amount of tools i need. that being said it isn't the best quality multi tool out there and i have worn out 2 now (although i may be a little hard on the tool)

Edited by SurvivalCache