Sign in to follow this  
Rapture333

Best Gun Camoflauge Pattern For Florida?

Hello, I was wondering what people thought would be the ideal gun camouflage pattern for Florida? Specifically Central and South Florida wilderness. I have a foliage green bug out bag and I figured it would be good to get a foliage green base paint on my AMD 65 with black tiger stripes. I'm not sure if I want the tiger stripes because I think it will blend in or if subconsciously I just think it looks cool B) Does anyone recommend any specific colors or patterns? In a Bug Out situation I will probably be wearing civilian clothing with my bag and switch too foliage green/OD green clothing.

Here's a picture of the AMD 65: [ATTACH=CONFIG]1877[/ATTACH]

I don't camo guns anymore. We had several paintball guns that we camo'ed up, and my friend set his down to carry some paintball game prop up to the top of a hill so we could gain additional points. It took us an hour to find his gun.

If you're going to be dressed in civilian clothes, you may draw even more unwanted attention to yourself by having a camo gun. Having a gun in a SHTF scenario shows you as better prepared than your average bear, but having one painted that matches your bag screams that you've got stuff the thugs will be interested in. Just a thought!

Have you considered MarPat or ACU camo schemes?

Major Krisis, that's actually a very good point. The only reason I'd want to paint my gun is in a SHTF scenario, is if I'm in a situation where I'm out of the city I can be invisible. The same reason I chose a foliage green bag. Now matching up my firearm with my gear... That would attract a lot of attention, but in a situation where I'm actually carrying a gun around I think that it wouldn't matter, but whose to say I'd be bugging out to the foliage or the woods? Hmmm... Perhaps I'm just leaving the city to get to a smaller town or actually leaving the city. Perhaps theirs a form of camo that works in the city and in the wilderness that will be different from my bag color. I'll have to check out those ACU and MarPat schemes. Black and grey may seem boring, but its the cost of being grey. I'll take a look.

Have you considered a soft, camouflaged gun sleeve? You can alter the pattern based on location and time of year, the gun isn't altered in any way, you've added some protection to the firearm and it wouldn't effect the way it works once you start carrying it (out of sleeve). Think of the sleeve in QUIGLY DOWN UNDER.

Just a thought.

If your firearm can fit inside the BOB, with out having any sign it being there your good to go. My BOB is 32 inches deep & my CZ 858 is 25 inches long when folded. So no camo is needed.

If your not " Physically Fit ", then your just Food for the Zombies.LOL.

In GOD I Trust, Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!

Digital Urban camo (essentially MarPat but digital)

Next-Generation%20Digi-Urban%20Camouflage%20Uniform%20Set.jpg

ACU Camo pattern

adbandana.JPG

And last but not least, MarPat

4042.jpg

There is an army surplus store about an hour from me that sells paint patterns and schemes so you can do your own camo. Our primary sniper did three of the guns up in what is essentially ACU camo.

If your firearm can fit inside the BOB, with out having any sign it being there your good to go. My BOB is 32 inches deep & my CZ 858 is 25 inches long when folded. So no camo is needed.

Excellent idea ... I would agree... out of sight out of mind. Have a concealed hand gun available for the off chance of walking into a problem. I would suggest a hard side sleeve in the BOB to allow easy removal of your primary weapon... not the time to unpack if bad guys are raising the stakes.

Digital Urban camo (essentially MarPat but digital)

Next-Generation%20Digi-Urban%20Camouflage%20Uniform%20Set.jpg

ACU Camo pattern

adbandana.JPG

And last but not least, MarPat

4042.jpg

There is an army surplus store about an hour from me that sells paint patterns and schemes so you can do your own camo. Our primary sniper did three of the guns up in what is essentially ACU camo.

sorry but the Army ACU pattern is horrible especially compared to marpat..it doesnt blend in with anything