Capt Bart

What have you done today to better your Prep? III

I made a haul at Sam's club over the weekend. I have had a rather lean 3-4 months so I am having to restock EVERYTHING. However, I would rather learn this way than in a real SHTF scenario. I was forced out of necessity to use what I had it wasn't gourmet, but we didn't starve. I have also become rather fond of instant milk with sugar and vanilla added to it. My mate planted a small fall garden and I plan on gathering equipment over the winter to start canning. We have an acre and have plans for a much bigger garden in the spring. All in all things are good at the den.

A wolf is fed by her feet.

Reloaded 500rds of 45 ACP & 10mm Auto today. Have a IPSC match tomorrow.

If your not " Physically Fit ", then your just Food for the Zombies.LOL.

In GOD I Trust, Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!

Restocking the larder continues and it's about time to do the seasonal vehicle kit and BoB change out. However, Mother Nature didn't get the memo that it's fall. We're having another 100 degree day, I'm having a hard time thinking about winter when I start sweating just thinking about going outside.

Picked up 5 bricks of Winchester 525 22lr ammo today.

how is the ammo supply in canada BTW....

Supply could be better, but primers, powder & projectiles are still hard to find.

Prices are steep. :mad:

Spent part of the day chopping wood & stacking them for the fire place.

Old man winter will be here before we know it.

f your not " Physically Fit ", then your just Food for the Zombies.LOL.

I picked up my new glasses with my current prescription. I'm going to stick my old ones in my BOB. My prescription hasn't changed much, so I'm debating on whether to update my old frames. I may just wait until next year when I have my next eye exam. I'm just happy to have a spare pair. Our fall garden is going well the radishes are nearly ready, and the cucumbers are doing well. We've had some bizarre weather this year and it has been much wetter than normal and a bit cooler at least until this month it's about 97 degrees as I write this. Unfortunately something ate the carrot tops, I don't know if that killed them or not. The two types of lettuce that were planted are just starting to come up.

A wolf is fed by her feet.

On the agenda for today winterization of my vehicle kit and I hope my BOB too. I know I have been putting it off because of the heat. However, the weather here has finally straightened out it's going to be a tolerable 85 degrees today.

I've been away for awhile...I come back and it all looks different. Anyway my mate has finalized the garden layout, he will start planting English peas in the next couple weeks as an experiment since he's not grown them before. This afternoon he is moving two more beds over from his old place. He also showed me the layout for the raised beds which he can start planting in February. We are also going to have a traditional garden, as some vegetables don't' do well in raised beds. I will be very busy this summer canning, dehydrating and selling what we don't need or want. I want to cycle out a good potion of my store bought canned items in favor of the home grown which will be much higher in nutrition. We are also experimenting with keeping hot peppers in the house in warmer climates they are a perennial. We have three plants inside that are trying to bloom as well as two tomatoes plants and several pots of green onions. 

It's been awhile since I last logged in here at survivalcache.

Been trying to for the past 2 months so it seems. Thought the shit hit the fan when I could not get in here. LOL.

Happy to get in here finally. The forums site looks a bit different from the last time I was here.

I did miss this forums site at survivalcache. Hope everyone is still around.

Picked up a few cans of soup yesterday & this morning.

They were on sale. The food stores are now limiting the amount one can buy at one time.

Not so in the past, if you had the coin, one could buy as many as they wanted.

Picked up a few cans of soup yesterday & this morning.

They were on sale. The food stores are now limiting the amount one can buy at one time.

Not so in the past, if you had the coin, one could buy as many as they wanted.

Really?

When did this start?

D D , limiting sugar and flower around the holidays just is NOT right!

But if this is a start than people need to know!

JMHO

FRESH CO. stores in Ontario Canada.

They are limiting the amount of canned goods one can purchase at one time.

In years past, I'd buy a few cases of soup with no limit.

Yesterday & the day before, limit was 20 cans only.

While I was shopping for a few things to run home and cook dinner I remembered to stop and grab sugar as it is something I am trying to get more ahead on, and I noticed the sign and pointed it out to a older gentlemen who had just put two in his cart, I read it out loud " to ensure stock for all customers purchases are limited to 6 per customer" then I pointed to the full pallet.....the gentlemen picked up 4 more and nodded then walked over and did the same with the flour......

May you live in interesting times { I think we are there } I still see shortages on certain items

but telling people that things could turn bad just as easily as getting better falls on deaf ears.

weather is acting different and areas of the world are in deep kimchi sub sahara no water Philippines

has years of rebuilding japan is not out of the woods yet has everyone forgot Fukashima?

areas of china etc. have had earthquakes and volcanoes all of this is coming in unprecedented incidents

effecting millions of people in diverse areas what straw will break the camels back?

when will the collective decide we all need to share the burden? wealthy people will be able to pay 10 buck a can

for food,

as I recall people back when I started posting were questioning the amounts I had posted even now a few things

have still not come back and what is available costs much more and at a time when money is not going as far.

if this keeps up peoples money will not last the month and in hindsight will understand what many of us

listed as a good stock for hard times was a basic minimum.

The fun is not over it only takes a few incidents and a mass exodus of displaced people and jobs become scarce

food money water shelter will be considered luxuries there are many more nu ke power plants near fault zones

in case short term memory is off I see that china made a threat and extended their border into the china straights.

this effects japan the Philippines and other nations fishing fleets a main source of protein for many in the pacific

add in the pollution from Fukashima washing up on the west coast and I'll be damned if I know what is on the horizon.

I also feel that we are not being as informed as we should be.

anyone that feels comfortable needs to slow down on the meds and wake up.

I wonder if target can survive as a company it is tied to other companies I think the revisions of the xmas income

may not be as good as needed online shopping was huge brick & mortar stores took a beating what will that do for the

employment situation part time employees are being counted as fully employed income per capita is down etc etc....

do I have the answers ---NO! but prepping and scrounging is better than wishing and hoping IMHO.