Capt Bart

What have you done today to better your Prep? III

744 posts in this topic

Snake, my answers to your questions.

Wakazashi = short sword.

Have 2  buddies that have a business that retrofit Humvees for the United States Military is all I’m going to say, no more.

I get cutoffs pieces of AR 500 & AR650 for FREE! They are left over scrap.

The swords I’ve made are about 3 times heavier than your average Wakazashi sword.

The one’s I’ve made are used for personal training. Think how much faster one can be with a regular Wakazashi without the extra weight, when the time comes slashing etc in a real fight.

I’ve chopped/split fire wood like an axe with the ones I’ve made. Try that with a  regular Wakazashi, won’t cut it, from my tests.

Can mine be used for battle, yes with training & the added weight, no problem.

The biggest issue is that the ones I’ve made, tends to attract surface rust quite easy. They need to be oiled more than usual.

I like the ones I’ve made, they can be used as a wood chopper & as a fighting tool.

Can mine defeat Kevlar body armour? Heck Ya.  Been tested many times.

Tested as a pry bar as well, works like a champ.

I’ve made many AR500 knives as well, a few I’ve given to certain buddies as gifts.

Look up ( HardOx & ArmOx ).

juzcallmesnake and wally like this

Excellent  P210Sig I was wondering how the 2 were connected, and it is always good to have "friends" that is how I end up lots of great stuff and I reciprocate.

I think training with a heavier blade wold be like strength training but since these are tougher I would go with the better steel.

wally likes this

Recieved my Silky sugoi through the mail on Friday, that I ordered from EBay. An exceptional tool to have for cutting trees for fire wood & bush craft projects.

Used the Silky Sugoi today, took down a plum tree today & sawed off the trunk & branches to 12-14 inches in length.. Stacked the fire wood, will let season for a year, for next years fire wood.

2 1/2 hours was needed to get it all done.

No fuel needed like a chain saw, & super quiet to operate.

A good tool to have, I will likely get a Silky Katana Boy 650 or 1000 next.

I have 100% faith on Silky saws, that I will end up selling my 3 sthil chain saws later this year.

Canadian prepper has a good video on Silky saws.  Have a look see.

Not my greatest feat of engineering but I had to fix my can crusher Chinese POS popped a rivet.  I had to drill out the rivet as it was stuck in the armature and knocking it out with a hammer and punch would have damaged the thin metal arm.  I had to search out my stock of bolts and nuts for a proper size placed it and used LOCK-TITE to keep the nut from coming loose. I bench tested it and it appears to work fine of course once one rivet fails another probably could.  but that is one problem I can afford to wait for as this is not mission critical equipment.

I recycle not because I give a sh*t about the planet I just hate to throw away money, recycling has paid for a lot of my hobbies and repairs. I use scrap iron a lot for fencing and building I have buckets of bolts screws and material garnered from scrapping that I have done or others I have bucket of hinges from garage doors and other hardware complements of my neighbor.

A chop saw or a Sawsall and drill you can stock up on really expensive channel, angle, unistrut and steel rod, bolts nuts etc for almost free galvanized metal is very costly the money I save  has been incalculable 600 foot of pipe in one building cost me the gas to go get it. what I saved I bought sheet metal   today the screws alone cost almost 200 bucks for a garage size building.

years ago on an old property I built a garage out of garage door panels after it was trimmed and painted no one could tell what it was except that it had fancy recessed panels some panels have insulation just right for a well house or critter barn. Of course that is dependent on your building ability some people should not breed build or own a firearm this should be obvious if it is not refer back to the previous statement.

I have about  hundred pounds of crushed cans @ 53 cents a pound it doesn't eat, cost nothing to store in barrels and if I want something I cash out of aluminum brass and other metals and buy what I want.  without tapping my funds, it's like Christmas !  If the world comes to worse I have a solar smelting system :)

This is NOT me but I like his videos.

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEWCKgBEF5IWvKriqkDCQgBFQAAiEIYAQ==&rs=AOn4CLDCJWYqUMA3dwJHE2nGPlhk35d3Ug 

wally likes this

Got a very good deal yesterday from a gun smith that I know .

He had 5,000 pieces of CIL 20 gauge felt wads that he just didn’t want or needed. Purchased it all for one whole loonie/ 1 dollar.  Made my day.

wally likes this

Finally got a Glock 19 Canadian edition/ Canadian version today.

Only 3,000 guns were made for the Canadian market & from what I was told they were all sold out.

The original Glock 19’s are prohibitive in Canada, to the civilian market.

Do to the fact the barrel is too short for it to be legal in Canada.

Yes BS Canadian by-laws indeed.

So Glock USA introduced a Canadian edition Glock 19, which is 106 mm in barrel length & not 102 mm which is the standard barrel length for G19’s .

Will know if it’s a keeper in the next few weeks or sold off to somebody else.

Me thinking these will be a collectors item, if only 3,000 units were made for the Canadian market, I could be wrong though.

Oh it does have a Canadian Maple Leaf ingraved on the right side of the slide to make it a Canadian model, & the added 4 mm of barrel length to make it Canadian legal by 1 mm. 

Any firearm that is 105 mm or less in barrel length is considered prohibited, in Canada.

Yes a head scratcher indeed.

wally likes this

Today at Walmart, I got 6 led flashlights with batteries in them, rated for 600 lumins for $1 each.

It was a one day blow out sale, regular price $24.95 each.

A deal indeed, even batteries for the flashlight would cost me more than a $1 .

On 2018-04-14 at 0:02 AM, P210SIG said:

Finally got a Glock 19 Canadian edition/ Canadian version today.

Only 3,000 guns were made for the Canadian market & from what I was told they were all sold out.

The original Glock 19’s are prohibitive in Canada, to the civilian market.

Do to the fact the barrel is too short for it to be legal in Canada.

Yes BS Canadian by-laws indeed.

So Glock USA introduced a Canadian edition Glock 19, which is 106 mm in barrel length & not 102 mm which is the standard barrel length for G19’s .

Will know if it’s a keeper in the next few weeks or sold off to somebody else.

Me thinking these will be a collectors item, if only 3,000 units were made for the Canadian market, I could be wrong though.

Oh it does have a Canadian Maple Leaf ingraved on the right side of the slide to make it a Canadian model, & the added 4 mm of barrel length to make it Canadian legal by 1 mm. 

Any firearm that is 105 mm or less in barrel length is considered prohibited, in Canada.

Yes a head scratcher indeed.

I’ve now shot 1,500 rds through the Glock 19 & she’s a keeper.

My test were done at 30 feet, groupings were under 3 inches. Point of aim was bullseye, shots placed 1 1/2 inches above bullseye  at 12 O clock.

My reloads CanPro projectiles 9mm 124 grain JHP , 4.3 grains of tight group powder.

Averaging 1050 FPS through the chrony.

wally likes this

23 hours ago, P210SIG said:

I’ve now shot 1,500 rds through the Glock 19 & she’s a keeper.

.....well let's not be rash!:P

...question....with running that many rounds did you try to "foul it" or did you clean as you should? 

Also so I find this telling on your intent for the pistol, if I'd ran 1500 rds thru my little Keltec PF9 I'd be thinking " yea...I'd buy another..."....but then again I'm still not all that sold on polymer frames and long lives and still have a (healthy) phobia of eating slides....

wally likes this

10 hours ago, DonDon said:

...question....with running that many rounds did you try to "foul it" or did you clean as you should? 

I’ve cleaned it 4 times now.

About every 500 rds it got a strip down cleaning.

If I’m shooting crossive ammo in a firearm, the firearm gets cleaned after every outing.

wally likes this

Purchased a Bio lite stove with a kettle pot & Katadyne water filter system from a couple that went camping & hated it.  Both stove & water filter system were brand new never used. All for $65 through an add at Letgo. They are a site like Kijiji in the buy & sell ads.

Their are deals out there, one needs to keep an eye on the listings of the things you need or want.  

A video footage of the Bio light stove that can charge a cell phone, tablet or laptop through USB attachment from the stove.

https://thexvid.com/video/F5vfPsZ8akc/biolite-kettlepot-review-and-test-preparedmind101.html

As the saying goes, seek & ye shall find. 

Much blessings to all here at Survivalcache.

Yesterday I managed to get a hold of some electronic engine parts for one of my cars

Main engine CPU . Fuse box etc etc.

My neighbour who’s a car machenic said that’s all I needed in a EMP event, to get the vehicle up & running. 

I’ve stored the parts in a EMP cage as well, just in case.

Did get the parts for FREE, which is a blessing that’s for sure.