Capt Bart

What have you done today to better your Prep? III

Today I decided to check out a camping store I visit once in a while & went to the firearms section.

I could believe that they had some Hornady XTP 9mm 124 grain projectiles on the shelf.

When I asked the sales rep when did they arrive at the store, he replied this morning & that they were flying off the shelves. 

Purchased 8 boxes. As I was driving back home, me thinking I should have gotten a few more boxes.

Went back to the store & the rest of the stock was all gone. Happy to have the 8 boxes I got, better than nothing.

it a home made knife won it in a give away on Instagram. 1/8" thick spined knife 2 3/4" blade and 6 1/2" over all with a kydex molded sheath, came with a glow in the dark Knuck also, never heard of Knucks either they are the new brass knuckle apparently. Its a sharp knife made by fiddlers green knives look him up neat looking knives

ScreenShot2014-06-05at101932AM_zpsa6d52f

I have a black delrin set that looks like a bulldogs head. The eyes allow two fingers to go through with the jaw line resting on my palm. The perky ears stand straight up and make a couple of just evil pointy things that will make ANY landed blow really suck! I call it my Beau dog after my boston terrier. He took on a german shephard one time that was trying to get at me. He was little but when he took lock jaw on that dogs nose it was all over. They have the same lockgrip jaws of a pit bull.

I like it because it might not kill but it will totally mess an attacker up and make him reconsidder going hand to hand with you. For any post apocolyptic work I have my very old and very real ,familly brass knuckles and a pair of fighting rings that were my Great great grandfathers. Besides, in that sort of case I'll probably just shoot you if you threaten me in any way.

I like the knife. I have made several in that sort of size range for easy EDC.

Received a 410 to 9mm chamber converter for my little snake charmer. This will let me shoot up some of the older Russian machine gun ammo that I have that is a little heavy for the non steel frames of so many of today's 9mm handguns. I bet it will work just fine for snakes and smaller game type critters and I have several cases of it.

Closed my American currency bank account yesterday.

Very soon the US dollar value will not be worth much me thinking.

Figured better to use it for buying things needed now, than use it for toilet paper in the near future. JMO.

Figured better to use it for buying things needed now, than use it for toilet paper in the near future. JMO.

wise move....

Made some home made arrow heads yesterday.

I drew them on a 12 inch circular table saw blade with a black marker.

The table saw blade was done serving it's life span usage after a few re-sharpening.

Used a angle grinder to cut out the pieces drawn on saw blade.

Shaped the arrow heads with a table top belt sander the way I wanted.

They need to be heat treated, which I'll do some other day.

Thinking of making a home made katana, it will be my first one.

Will be using roll steel blank iron for it, time will tell if it pans out.

Fingers crossed.

Sealed a deal today with a club member for a 22-250 bolt action rifle with dual stage triggers for my son.

Which included a 26 inch shillen bull barrel, a harris bi-pod, a 2.5-10x40 bushnell scope & 200 rds of factory ammo. Seen groupings of this firearm of 3.5 to 4 inches at 300 yards.

All for $400

Sealed a deal today with a club member for a 22-250 bolt action rifle with dual stage triggers for my son.

Which included a 26 inch shillen bull barrel, a harris bi-pod, a 2.5-10x40 bushnell scope & 200 rds of factory ammo. Seen groupings of this firearm of 3.5 to 4 inches at 300 yards.

All for $400

do you have 22 for it?

Over the past 4 days I was determined to make a home made katana sword from tool steel.

One of my brother-inlaws had some surplus steel that was given to me.

Instead of making a katana, I made 2 wakizashi short swords & 1 tanto knife.

They come out rather nice after dedicating about 65 hours into them.

The blade length of the wakizashi swords are 24 inches with a 8 inch handle, 32 inches overall.

The tanto has a 14 inch blade with a 5 1/2 inch handle, 19 1/2 inches overall.

All of them are 1 1/2 inches wide & have a quarter inch spine.

I tested them out yesterday on 2x6's of pine & cedar scrap I had.

The swords being a tad heavy on the front end chopped  the wood pieces with one stroke better than my estwing axe. LOL.

The tanto knife faired ok.

I'm pleased with the outcome of the home made swords I made, as it is my first time making swords.

I'd seen a video clip on You-Tube of a guy making a sword out of Titanium late last night & I think it will be another project that I would like to tackle one day.

I'm inspired now to make more edged weapons. :D