Capt Bart

What have you done today to better your Prep? III

718 posts in this topic

Okay tracking...................received my Wise Food sample to try out tonight for dinner. Will let you know how it tastes.

Honey, i'm home..............what's for dinner?...........................uh, your choice, Past Alfredo with Chicken or Savory Stroganoff.......................lol

I recently added instant potatoes and milk to the larder. The potatoes are edible as a plain side dish would be better in something or with gravy as they are rather bland. The milk was bland also, but I added (a little too much) vanilla and 1-2 table spoons of surgar per quart which helped a lot. It also helped that I set it in the fridge for awhile to get cold. I didn't have a probelm drinking it straight, but then again I prefer soymilk to cow's milk in a glass. However, soymilk in my coffee that's just plain wrong.

I try to watch the sodium content on the canned stuff I buy, so I hadn't gotten into the Dinty Moore beef stew to a few weeks ago. I was surprized that I liked it. It didn't taste too salty to me even though it boasts a whopping 600 mg per can. I have at times had to live off my larder some of my meals weren't real thrilling, but I was never hungry. The wallyworld near me has a few varities of Mountain house meals they are next of my list to try.

As always buy what you eat and eat what you buy.

I replaced the wood furniture on my AK-47 with more robust and lighter plastic furniture. My AK-47 is my go-to MBR for my bug out kit. Next step, an appropriate sling and flashlight for it.

I replaced the wood furniture on my AK-47 with more robust and lighter plastic furniture. My AK-47 is my go-to MBR for my bug out kit. Next step, an appropriate sling and flashlight for it.

Just curious .... did the lighter weight plastic furniture alter the recoil or handling on the AK? Seems like there might be more felt recoil but I'm also curious about the weapon balance. Thanks.

Before one of my adult children "appropriated" my AK, I had replaced all the furniture with

"plastic/polymer" furniture, and did not notice an increase in recoil or a decrease in accuracy. Balance seemed a bit BETTER for me.

One day I would love to own an AK-47 or SA vz.58 (Czech version similar to AK).

Gave my wife some new items for her BoB. A pump bottle of 97% DEET, a small bottle of 30spf sunscreen, carpenter pencils, small packets of Clorox wipes- wetones - charmin wipes, travel tooth brush, bic lighters and what made her the happiest Instant Starbucks. Yes I had fun shopping at Target today.

1. Put away another 25 lbs. each of pinto beans and rice - there was a sale at Krogers.

2. Put away 10 cans of mixed fruit.

3. Put away 5 cans of spam – wife won’t touch it now but I’m betting she'll scarf it down if faced with starvation.

4. Put away 5 pounds of dry pasta - another Krogers sale.

5. Continued conversion of one of my horse run-ins to a chicken coop. Plan to move 4 week old chicks from brooder box I built into new coop in a week.

6. Planned out the garden for planting - but still have to wait that final frost.

One day I would love to own an AK-47 or SA vz.58 (Czech version similar to AK).

In Canada were not allowed AK-47's , But CZ 58's & CZ 858's we can own. I own afew CZ 858's & they rock, for what they are. One thing is that not a single part is compatable to the AK rifle, but just looks like one. LOL.

If your not " Physically Fit ", then your just Food for the Zombies.LOL.

In GOD I Trust, Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!

In Canada were not allowed AK-47's , But CZ 58's & CZ 858's we can own. I own afew CZ 858's & they rock, for what they are. One thing is that not a single part is compatable to the AK rifle, but just looks like one. LOL.

P210SIG, we had issued CZ 58's back when I was in army, we haven't do much of training with them, but even with little bit of that, those 58's were solid, simple and dependable with a lot of ammo available. That would be my primary weapon to choose after TEOTWAWKI. Nowadays 58's are being replaced with new type of weapons CZ 805 BREN A1, A2, a lot more modern type of weapons......

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/86-law-enforcement-military.aspx

Here on you tube there is guy (hickok45) comparing these to together - AK-47 vs CZ SA vz.58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TexeQ0QPFU

P210SIG, we had issued CZ 58's back when I was in army, we haven't do much of training with them, but even with little bit of that, those 58's were solid, simple and dependable with a lot of ammo available. That would be my primary weapon to choose after TEOTWAWKI. Nowadays 58's are being replaced with new type of weapons CZ 805 BREN A1, A2, a lot more modern type of weapons......

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/86-law...-military.aspx

Here on you tube there is guy (hickok45) comparing these to together - AK-47 vs CZ SA vz.58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TexeQ0QPFU

Thats beautiful, little bit of a smoke at the end, but after over 400 rounds and no jam, it did what its suppose to do.

Heer is the updated more modern version: CZ 805 Bran A1, A2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K0MX3GjbhM

Not a big fan of these new modern, bling bling type of weapons, nothing beats classic and simplicity, ......JMHO

We got one of these. Hubby is going camping this weekend so he will see how he likes it. We may end up getting another one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1869[/ATTACH]

haha lemonmint, I bought one of those a while back because I just can't resist a great gadget. :D

Got my CCW!!!!!! Signed up for CPR/First Aid course on 4/25 and joined the No.CA-m - i- l-i-t-i-a (got it?). First meet tomorrow night.

Recently completed a re-organization & inventory of all my preps. Some more holes to plug, but overall not bad.

Ordered two military style MGRS/UTM coordinate grid reader and protractor, two 3400 mAh 18650 protected Li-on Orbtronic rechargeable batteries for my Fenix flashlights, one 12 pack White's auto Fisher yo-yo fishing reels, two military P-51 can openers......Sawyer water filtration is on it's way

Reorganized the pantry, and bought 20 more cans of veggies and beans in less then 6 weeks we now have 100+ cans stockpiled. Thinking about getting a foodsaver. I also want to learn canning, anyone know of any places in Florida that teach this skill? Plus read a few chapters in the SAS survival book.

juzcallmesnake likes this

Did a black & green camo paint job on a rifle stock today.

Ordered 2pk of Swiss Camouflage Poncho (used), 3pc Dry Bag Set Waterproof (60L, 40L, 20L), German Gore-Tex Fleck Camo Waterproof Suit (used) - all from surplus store, U can't beat the pricing.

Bought various knifes and devices for popping windows and cutting seat belts. Wanted to test and view several for resale. I like the keychain type because if you ever run into a lake that one would be easiest to reach. As far as knives, there are so many good ones that depend on the application.