Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

often forgotten

Hammocks have lots of uses for hanging food etc. Try out the hammock before you depend on it. They allow a lot of cold air under you. I have had some very cold nights with them.

i rarely see any kind of sleeping gear in BOB's. with the wave of camping hammocks on the market thats one item that will find its way into my gear very soon.

Great points. Both the cleaning kits and spare parts are extremely important. I will throw something else in with that; Knowledge and understanding of how to work on the firearms that you have. Those parts won't help if you don't know how to replace and repair what you have.

Plus a few critical spare parts e.g. 1 firing pin, 1 extractor, and 1 ejector.

Extra eyeglasses. I know I'd be useless if i broke my specs in the wilderness. I also carry a set of spare springs and pins for all my bug out weapons (3). Lots of guys have have paracord (me included) but I also have a length of legit braided rope from my fire dept days. along with that rope (or paracord) put a booklet on different knots and how/when to use them. I'd be willing to bet that most people can't even tie simple knots like figure 8 bites or bowlines.

Good call on the eye glasses, I've been waiting for someone to post it, even if you have to buy a couple pair of the cheap throw away ones, I know if I didn't have my glasses I would be limited, and my ability to survive would become much more difficult.

Good call on the eye glasses, I've been waiting for someone to post it, even if you have to buy a couple pair of the cheap throw away ones, I know if I didn't have my glasses I would be limited, and my ability to survive would become much more difficult.

Eye glasses can make excellent fire starters on a sunny day. Adding them could let you remove a magifying glass from your load.

I don't see much difference between those and just having a neck strap. The magnets look like an over complicated solution to a problem.

I actually used those neck straps for years.

Many problems, they break, they knot up when you take them off the glasses for any reason, they are a choking hazard in some situations versus the magnetic ones will simply come apart