Sign in to follow this  
EngineerStew

Its December and you know what that means...

Christmas is almost upon us, and with christmas comes gift giving, so whats on your wish list this year?

so far my list consists of..

one of those paracord bracelets

a new attachment for my maxpedition bag

and a fluke LED light / AC voltage detector (Never trust your life to anything but a fluke:p)

Going for gift certifice to favorite sporting goods store or something from there so I can trade it in on a mag pull stock, grip for front rail and maybe with something a little extra a way of reducing the cost for the eotech sight i want.

Every year my wife asks me "What do you want for Christmas?"Every year I say "A gift card to Natchez Supply or U.S. Cavalry or etc. etc etc" Every year I wind up getting shirts. Every year I ask my wife why. Every year my wife says "I wanted you to have a package to open" GRRRRR.....

Christmas is almost upon us, and with christmas comes gift giving, so whats on your wish list this year?

so far my list consists of..

one of those paracord bracelets

a new attachment for my maxpedition bag

and a fluke LED light / AC voltage detector (Never trust your life to anything but a fluke:p)

I could make you virtually any type of paracord bracelet you want for free.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine, seeing people spend a ridiculous amount of money that alot of people know how to do for free, or at least a heckuva lot cheaper.

I asked for a new body.... mine is all broken and old...LMAO. I asked for books on more traditional skills, Bowyer's Bible(s) and Native American crafts or Mountain Man Journals.

There are several websites that show how to make the "paracord bracelets" or even how to make rifle slings, belts, etc.

The only item I told my wife to get for the family is a grist mill, although I suspect I'll have to purchase that myself. She did buy a meat grinder though.

Trying to keep this Christmas season in perspective. Not saying that there isn't anything that I want, but there isn't anything that I really need. (I know, I know.....boring.)

I could use some new windshield wipers soon for my vehicle, but I don't think I will get those for Christmas. (Unless I buy them for myself.)

I'm going to need some more bags for my Food Saver too.

Pretty exciting huh?:rolleyes:

I'm with Regulator a new body to replace this old one would be nice. Always tell my daughters i'll take a blond, brunette or a red head for x-mas. Usually get all 3 (they are called grand daughters lol) all bearing $20 gift cards from the gun shop. Knew I taught them well.

For Christmas this year, I am getting together with all my brothers and sisters and their spouses for the first time in at least 5 years, so I know we are going to be exchanging lots of ammo. One of my brothers reloads, so I can safely predict one of my gifts will be a hundred rounds of 30-06, once fired. My wife will be getting me several outdoorsman/hunting books. We set a Christmas budget and stick to it, which will hopefully allow us to splurge once or twice during the year.

I actually enjoy buying gifts for others, so my wife can count on that new Foodsaver she wanted and I am also on the hunt for a Red Ryder BB gun for her. She loves that movie. Staying away from gold or silver jewelry just in case (hope) the price comes down a bit.

Various pouches and such for my gear collection (I have a secret love of anything tactical nylon), and some stuff for my firearms (namely AMMO!!). Fallout New Vegas (way too much fun to give up) enough Live points to get the upgrades. Some good warming layers for winter (wool or wool blends). $$$$$$$$$$$$ And some things i will not list as they are "private" in nature.;)