bob leeper

WANTED : a .410 semi auto .

ive been looking online for a while at a few sites for a reasonably priced 410 shotgun, semiauto slug shooter (that means a regular cylinder, not choked to death) id prefer on made here in america, a friend says the saiga semi auto 410s break down after a few shots, rusty springs, and bolt weakness and is a common denominator of said manufacturer, his werds, not mine. so anyone can responde here too my qwuery,

I do not have a clue why 410 shells are more expensive than 12 or 20 and the guns are higher also

with the ammo shortage 410's are the least made ammo except for 6.5 carcano so there ya go a gun and no ammo.

but try to find a Remington 1100 on gunbroker like wally mentioned.

I am just not a fan of the 410 it is still loud not any more distance and power except stopping power as per payload weight.

shoots like a rifle with slugs up to 100 yards so a miss is still a miss and weight to power ratio no big winner there either.

so if it were not an extra barrel in a set I would not bother.

I am totally lost with the whole judge 410 / 45 colt combo looks like a paper weight for godzilla it is not fast to get into action

or nimble nor small and speed loaders if some exist would seem to make this even more bulky.

why not just go with a 44 mag snub with glaser safety slugs. or fragmenting ammo. then if you wanted to kill a grizzly bear

you could use buffalo bore 300 grain magnums +.

LOL with shot shells it would still have a lethal range good enough for snakes and birds.

Supply and demand is the rule of most things but it doesn't actually seem to apply to ammo all the time. 

I like the 410 for certain specific uses. It is light, the Ammo is light and it can be reloaded with less powder and shot than other gauges. I like it for a game getter for bunnies and squirrels. It also is pretty good for a light home defense weapon with some of the new defense loads. I'm thinking about looking far a 410 pump. Right now all I own is single shot 410s. I like the 20 gauge for the same reason. If I'm defending my familly I want a 12 ga but for most other things the smaller gauges work as well. If I'm reloading the 410 and 20 just give me more bang for the bucks and my favorite pistol powders (Unique and 2400) work well on those as well. 

I've tried to like the Judge pistol. I like the concept and liked that idea in both the single-shot 45lc/410 and the derringers chambered that way. The problem is that those things are just behemoths. The ones that will take the 3" 410 shells are just awkward to me in that stretched revolver form. If I had the money to toss I like the rifle version pretty well but I can't see it being very accurate or pattern well. It makes me think of those old time buntline specials with a shoulder stock you used to see every once in a while. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• here is the survival coupons codes to get a amazing material of survival struggling 
    • Hey all, This is sort of cool (okay really cool) and maybe some of you have heard about it because it's been plastered over FOX and mentioned by POTUS as well as other conservative-leaning news people (Huckabee, Diamond/Silk, Candace Owens, Mark Levin, etc..) and politicians. #walkaway is a movement based mostly on social media. Started last year, by Brandon Straka (pronounced Strawk - like "straw" with a "k"). He's a former 2016 HRC-voting hair stylist, from NE, now in NYC, homosexual, liberal who began to question the MSM and what he was hearing. He got really frustrated as he began to do his own research. Anyway, after having his own awakening to the lies of MSM he had been following, he began an online testimonial campaign in which former liberals can post their #walkaway stories, written or video. Many are now on the "Trump Train." Many have simply left the Left. Still, others have always been non-Left and are members in support. The amazing thing is how many different people from all walks of life are beginning to wake up. Lots are not conservative on all issues, but all have a love for the USA and dislike the demonization of open political and social thinkers and speakers. This group gives solace to people scared to voice their conservative opinions or views for fear of negative professional or personal responses. It now has budding smaller groups in all 50 states and an online discussion group where people discuss current topics or issues (WITH no vitriol, gasp).  Here's the original video from Brandon.  www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UGcghHZsk This man, Brandon has a unique, stylish, well-articulated voice to help move people "in hiding" out into the open and not be silenced. Pretty much any video Brandon does is great. Here is the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/groups/OFFICIALwalkawaycampaign/ As I see fights erupt online, I simply leave #walkaway in the comments. Brandon has a goal of 1 million members! The liberal media has called this campaign "Russian Bots" and "paid actors." It's not!!!        
    • thanks to all who  have served or are serving our great country....243 years in the making....   Trump did a good job today thanking each branch of our military and a long time coming salute to the coast guard too....
    • I can imagine food prices going up this Fall or Winter. Corn is used for live stock feed, & us humans consume a lot of corn based products, as well as corn based biofuel. I’ve been keeping a watchful eye on the mid-west of America, which is flooded by water. Where corn  & other crops are normally grown there. Farmers are quite worried about this years growing season. Time to stock up on extra food if you can, if you haven’t already. Stack it high, stack it deep. Store the foods that you normally eat. What ever the  amount of food you’ve stored,  try to double it if possible. Better extra safe, than sorry.