Sign in to follow this  
Kountry Boy

First GHB

I'm putting together my first ghb today to keep in my suv because work is an hour commute for daily. I was wondering what to put in it as I know it wont be as extensive as my Bob.
there is really not much difference between a ghb and a bob except the bob will have more food and ammo in it think of a ghb as a 24-48 hour thing

and a bob is a week or longer thing...

Thats about what I had figured too. My only dilemma is my work is on a navy base with myself being an enlisted member and having to go through vehicle inspections at random. So no guns or ammo and blade sizes are restricted. Plus I don't wanna attract attention to myself with having that bag in my vehicle.

Ok let's figure 1 hour = 60 miles max for most of us. So....1) frogg toggs, 2) extra layer of clothing, 3) water, 4) proper shoes/boots if not already wearing them, 5) energy bar, 6) map, 7) head band flashlight.

I know the area your stationed in,have family near there..

the tunnels and road getting away from the port area is a mess..please make sure your gas tank is full at all times..a small black gab or a old back pack should work,like AkkansasFan..lots of small stuff= camping bag..if asked..but lite and ready..

Just a question..If they close the roads how you going to get out of the port?

Could you? being military...

Thats about what I had figured too. My only dilemma is my work is on a navy base with myself being an enlisted member and having to go through vehicle inspections at random. So no guns or ammo and blade sizes are restricted. Plus I don't wanna attract attention to myself with having that bag in my vehicle.

Make it look like a gym bag...add shorts, long gym pants, shirt, water bottles, gatorade, energy snacks, socks, tennis shoes, etc...basic small first aid kit wouldn't look out of place.

It may not be your ideal ghb but it's better than no bag at all.

+1 Lemonmint, the digi-cam ruck sack with magazine pouches, knife, food/water and ammo does tend to raise an eyebrow in times when being prepared is likened to being a terrorist. With two young kids I can get all sorts of stuff into my SUV, toilet paper, water, snacks, etc. all while maintaining op-sec.