Sign in to follow this  
NavyVet_77

Arthritis

My cat of 7yrs has developed crippling athritis in her hips. So i literally have to care for her like a baby to get her mobile again.

This got me to thinking about 'thePatriotnurse' and her videos about the muliple waves of death post-shtf.

Just thought id add to the list, people with arthritis as bad as my cat. immobile... hips hurt too much to move.

Yep, I have come to the realization that arthritis will probably screw me in a SHTF situation but I am not letting that

stop me from doing the best I can.

I probably wont be able to carry my backpack far, due to arthritis in my knees and both my hands have arthritis which might make it difficult to do the knots I am trying to learn or any of the many things I need to be fully capable of. (slingshots another tough one)

I don't care though. Not going to give it power over me. I am going to pick that damn bugout bag up and get it on my back, put one foot ahead of the other until I black out if necessary. Have been practicing in my bedroom just picking it up and getting it on my back. Its the first step of many

Yep, I have come to the realization that arthritis will probably screw me in a SHTF situation but I am not letting that

stop me from doing the best I can.

I probably wont be able to carry my backpack far, due to arthritis in my knees and both my hands have arthritis which might make it difficult to do the knots I am trying to learn or any of the many things I need to be fully capable of. (slingshots another tough one)

I don't care though. Not going to give it power over me. I am going to pick that damn bugout bag up and get it on my back, put one foot ahead of the other until I black out if necessary. Have been practicing in my bedroom just picking it up and getting it on my back. Its the first step of many

I like the way your thinking Sherrie, one step at a time. Don't let anything stop you.

Well I am in perfect shape for a crippled old cowboy if it were not for vicodin I wold not sleep at all

my only advice is to make sure you have enough like a 6 month supply and use it sparingly some of the supplements

are helping some folks have a brace even if you don't need it now you may later I find a lot of that stuff in resale shops and garage

sales hammer toe heel spurs carpel tunnel bad joints many of these braces are helpful and cheap 2nd hand

I use a lot of bengay so try everything and if it helps keep it if not next of your garage sales sell it.

Juzcallmesnake, alot of good advice there. I think I will go ahead and look for 2nd hand knee brace and two hand and arm splints. Am supposed to be wearing the hand and wrist splints every night I sleep but it keeps me in a mental injured mode when I use stuff like that. However, I can see the day where it will be a non choice item. The knee brace I used to own and gave away as I hated it. BUT same deal there will be a day of non choice. Will try to keep costs down and purchase one 2nd hand. If not for me might be for someone else.

T

Thanks for the support NavyVet_77 I think there are alot of like minded folk here.

I do have tunnel vision when I set my mind to things. Always feel I can endure almost any amount of pain if its for a good cause. As long as I can say I have done my best then when I close my eyes the final time I will rest in peace