Sign in to follow this  
Hossfly

Duh! Protein powder!

Thanks to recent surgery and some food restriction, I've discovered a new addtition to my supplies.

Protein powder, like weight lifters and work out nuts use! It mixes well with water, it's lightweight, and will provide protein in addition to your regular supplies. One scoop of the brand I'm using contains 30 grams of the suggested daily amount of 70 grams. Protein also gives you energy and makes you less hungry throughout the day. If you're a little heavy, it'll help in your weight loss efforts and if you workout, it'll help in your muscle building efforts. Put some back for a SHTF day!

Love me some smoked salmon! Not easy to get down here on the Gulf if SHTF, but great until then.

Hey! The bonus of this crazy diet I've been forced to endure is 25lbs lost so far!

When the zombies come, I'm gonna be better able to fight and if they get me, they don't get as much food!

Total Soy from "Sams"..

$19.00..13g protein/24 vitamins and minerals/0 g of trans fat..

140 calories per serving....serving size=2 scoops....

47 servings per bag....41cents per serving....

yes I put 2 scoop's on my cerial..and if you use it with yorget oh baby..

Sardines in mustard sause...............I took them to the field while in the Army/c rations did BIND YOU UP a BIT..and I have been eating them every sence...but not around my wife..lol

Thanks for the tips..........i've been rethinking the food thing since I got the great news i have Type II Diabetes.................sheesh, a lot I shouldn't eat but the things I should are becoming much better.

As far as a total bug out plan I've got to rethink the entire food thing

Thanks for the tips..........i've been rethinking the food thing since I got the great news i have Type II Diabetes.................sheesh, a lot I shouldn't eat but the things I should are becoming much better.

As far as a total bug out plan I've got to rethink the entire food thing

we are in the same boat and boy am i having a time of it too. :confused: