Sign in to follow this  
Hossfly

Alabama PBS TV

I don't normally watch PBS but thanks to some surgery and a broken ankle I have some downtime and was flipping channels. Came across a show called Discoverying Alabama. Figuring I wouldnt mind some type of historical thing, I flipped onto it. This episode is a guy walking through the woods up near Birmingham with his dog, giving some historical perspective on living off the land and the way the Native Americans lived. He described medicinal tonics from Dogwood, pine and cedar and he ate pine seeds and reindeer moss along with acorns and other nuts. Very interesting stuff that I've read about but it's nice to see the actual methods. Also, it's a very relaxing setting. Helps the pain meds work and lowers the stress.

Maybe PBS isn't so bad?

You're right VonBayern... Must have been another percocett dream.. Last night I was tramping through the jungles with Earnest Hemmingway. That one was cool. The night before I dreamed I was at a parade in Jackson,TN and I broke my iphone, my flashlight and that cool survival tool of some kind.. Then I couldn't find my Jeep.

This is why I never got into drugs in college. I just don't handle em well. I keep waiting to dream about the Swedish bikini team. So far, no luck!

I can relate to you Hoss. I caught the tail end of an episode. It was fairly educational. I didn't learn much from it But many would. My father was a Forestry Engineer and my grandfather was a historian and game warden for 30 something years. I grew up "out there" haha. But it was refreshing to watch... even though it was on PBS.