Sign in to follow this  
stealthrun

Hey, everybody!

Well, I aways wanted to know the answer and I thought maybe he knew! LOL!

A bunch-oh wait a minute,that's grapes. ANYWAY, welcome to the site stealthrunner. I had a room mate while working at the Grand Canyon who was from Romania,last I knew he had moved to Alaska.

I guess I could google it but tell us what you like and or dislike about Romania?

I know nothing about that place

Well.... what can I say...we got all sorts of morons in politics, the kind that keep repeating that weapons are evil, the same idiotic mainstream media and all... The biggest problem here is that we can't buy .22s. They're regulated as sporting weapons, so only a registered person in a shooting club - with top scores - can buy one. Also, hunting with .22 cal is forbidden. That's why my BOB is a little more bigger than average - to accomodate a crossbow. Nothing fancy, about 250 fps from PSE crossbows. And that's it. No handgun, no rifle allowed here. Not w/o a hunting license which is a nightmare to obtain.

Land Rover Defender 2.5 litres Diesel - about 45 mpg as a BOV. I'm a ship's officer, and last time i was in Long Beach was about 2 months ago... I cannot see why you guys don't opt for a diesel suv, the ones that here in Europe are plentiful. They're good, economic cars. Really, the mileage/power you can expect from a diesel is way much better than from a gasoline powered truck. Just a thought.

Other than that, Romania is ok, prices are right, still, is a bit like Vermont / Virginia - same sloped forested areas, it has some plains, and mountains. The climate is a bit harsh, in the winter this year we had -5 F, and last year in the summer time, a mean of 103 F.