Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerry9491

Something to think about...

16 posts in this topic

Well this forum and others have been pretty depressing lately, everyone is getting ready to fight the 2nd civil war. I have no military training, I'm just your average redneck, with a couple cars up on cinder blocks in my yard and dogs on the porch...I will do what I have to but I'm not sure what my chances are against a SWAT team lol.

But the more I think about it the less worried I am, I started looking around and found this-

A Congressional Research Service report provides these details:

The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) reported in a national survey that in 1994, 44 million people, approximately 35% of households, owned 192 million firearms, 65 million of which were handguns. Seventy-four percent of those individuals were reported to own more than one firearm. According to the ATF, by the end of 1996 approximately 242 million firearms were available for sale to or were possessed by civilians in the United States. That total includes roughly 72 million handguns (mostly pistols, revolvers, and derringers), 76 million rifles, and 64 million shotguns. By 2000, the number of firearms had increased to approximately 259 million: 92 million handguns, 92 million rifles, and 75 million shotguns. By 2007, the number of firearms had increased to approximately 294 million: 106 million handguns, 105 million rifles, and 83 million shotguns.

In the past, most guns available for sale were produced domestically. In recent years, 1 million to 2 million handguns were manufactured each year, along with 1 million to 1.5 million rifles and fewer than 1 million shotguns. From 2001 through 2007, however, handgun imports nearly doubled, from 711,000 to nearly 1.4 million. By 2009, nearly 2.2 million handguns were imported into the United States. From 2001 through 2007, rifle imports increased from 228,000 to 632,000, and shotgun imports increased from 428,000 to 726,000. By 2009, rifle imports had increased to 864,000, but shotguns had decreased 559,000. By the same year, 2009, the estimated total number of firearms available to civilians in the United States had increased to approximately 310 million: 114 million handguns, 110 million rifles, and 86 million shotguns.

After seeing this I felt a little better about my chances.

Welcome Jerry9491 if this is your first meeting of firearms anonymous remember what is said here stays here

Get you a cup of coffee sit back and share how you cat started in collecting and how it took control of your life.

Now we are not here to cure you but to find out what you have so we can do some tradin' LOL

Welcome Jerry9491 if this is your first meeting of firearms anonymous remember what is said here stays here

Get you a cup of coffee sit back and share how you cat started in collecting and how it took control of your life.

Now we are not here to cure you but to find out what you have so we can do some tradin' LOL

:)...Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a meeting of firearms unamimous lol

i dont think anyone here wants a "2nd civil war" because no matter the winner in that scenario we all lose as a country also look at this article i saw posted from a buddy yesterday.. might make you feel even better about the state of most of the citizens of this country.

http://blog.wilsoncombat.com/paul-howe/2nd-amendment-and-the-kool-aid-drinkers-by-paul-howe/

wardog513 I liked this article I think the numbers on the murders while under gun control were low as I recall

china killed 40 + million a friend of my father was in the navy during that time I remember talking to him

as a kid he told me the water level of the river rose by feet and the blood killed fish and it stunk so bad.

and it rusted the hull they killed many by lopping their heads off with anything with an edge basically purging

whole towns of people that were known to be against Chang Kai sheik and they killed many more for more years

every new leader seems to kill off any detractors.

thank you for this information.

If it is up to me I never want to harm another person but I am like many leave me alone "OR ELSE" attitude.

i dont think anyone here wants a "2nd civil war" because no matter the winner in that scenario we all lose as a country also look at this article i saw posted from a buddy yesterday.. might make you feel even better about the state of most of the citizens of this country.

http://blog.wilsoncombat.com/paul-howe/2nd-amendment-and-the-kool-aid-drinkers-by-paul-howe/

Great article I agree that where I am from there will be help for a goverment gun round up not from any level, I suspect that if the order is given that the state county and local boys will get off the roads to protect themselves

Great artical...

No one wants to "go to the woods"....a line has been drawn..and we can only hope and pray that the KOOL aid boys back down..

Local LEO's wont back the play in this area...

JMO...

Great article Wardog, thanks for posting it.

Wardog, thanks for posting the article.

The only thing I have thought about that may create an issue with the info discussed in the article is this....

On the federal Military taking the side of tyranny, I do NOT see it happening as stated because Americans honor our Constitution but what of all the foreigners being allowed to enlist under the "Dream Act"? Would their loyalties be to the Constitution or to the tyrant who granted them more power? I ask because 1 thing I heard many years ago was how many of the illegals were of military age and many joined the gangs. It seems that they have already allowed a foreign invasion by not cracking down on MS-13, Mexican Mafia, and the other groups of armed foreign invaders.

Is the reason behind the enlistment option to create a nonAmerican arm of our Military? Just another piece of the puzzle.

i agree the post have become more and more depressing since obama won reelection. we have many ex soldiers and more than our share of men of action.....that leads to the "lets fix it here's how" talk. but all this talk is counter productive ....not only is a fire fight counter productive to survival(this is SURVIVAL cache)...but it will draw unwanted attention from people who are already sure preppers are a threat to their idea of america.

remember "keep you head low.....be grey....."watch yor top notch".....

i agree the post have become more and more depressing since obama won reelection. we have many ex soldiers and more than our share of men of action.....that leads to the "lets fix it here's how" talk. but all this talk is counter productive ....not only is a fire fight counter productive to survival(this is SURVIVAL cache)...but it will draw unwanted attention from people who are already sure preppers are a threat to their idea of america.

remember "keep you head low.....be grey....."watch yor top notch".....

Keven has a good point..

while we are conserned about national laws and the effect on us,What is behind the CURTIN..The big picture is"The Clown is paying his bill's" pay back just happened again...

More money just left our wallets.....

Please...lets watch every move and not take our eye's off the "Total Picture"..

Im prepping with food...

If Im hungry Im easyer to manage/If Im broke and no money Im dependent on others...

JMO..

i can only hope it would go that way, i personally think it would be real ugly...