Sign in to follow this  
Amateur

The Doctors Office Asking Questions?????

Get a load of this. So my best friends kids have been sick off and on lately. His wife has taken at least 1 of the kids to a local doctors office or clinic quite a bit lately. On 2 different occasions at 2 different clinics not related to each other, they have asked her if there are firearms in the household. WTF????? My buddy is supposed to be calling to complain today. What relevance does that even have and who even needs to know that?

Gathering Information on the "Safety of The Children"......

Sounds nice don't it...and they REPORT it to WHO..

That would be my question..who are you reporting to???????

sneekey little bugers............

Having children in a home with firearms will soon (I fear) become enough to send in a team from Social Services "for the children". These same doctors who are too gutless to report obvious sexual abuse, for example pregnant pre-teens, now want a cookie from Big Brother. I know someone (a nurse) who was threatened with dismissal and having her license revoked because she was accused of calling the cops when a thirteen year old showed up pregnant withe her 35 year old boyfriend at the ER where she worked. Turns out it was the child's THIRD pregnancy. Funny thing was, the nurse in question was too busy to make the call, but someone else in the waiting room did. Apparently, they were talking quite loudly about how he was going to make her a mommy this time after she lost the first two to miscarriage.

Maybe we should start wearing shirts to the doc that states, "Medical malpractice has murdered more People than my Firearms"?

I doubt we'd receive the best care possible, but I can look thru a desk reference and figure out which drugs they are going to prescribe anyway (other than knowing which company offers them the bigger kickback).

Maybe we should start wearing shirts to the doc that states, "Medical malpractice has murdered more People than my Firearms"?

I doubt we'd receive the best care possible, but I can look thru a desk reference and figure out which drugs they are going to prescribe anyway (other than knowing which company offers them the bigger kickback).

Well spoken

VB, by far. I don't have the exact stats on it, but they even brought it up on the news yesterday in a round table discussion. It was a Libertarian who brought it up and seemed to piss off Dick Morris (he's the only 1 I knew the name of).

You guys reminded me of the story down here where a doctor drove off the sea wall in Galveston and when the paramedics showed up to rescue him they found him passed out with an IV in his arm. Not a syringe. An IV. Seems like the doc had his own little relaxation cocktail he liked to administer on the drive home after a rough day at the office.

I know some good doctors and I know some I would not take a pet hamster to, but for doctors to be questioning our kids about whether someone has guns in their home is beyond their scope. Adults who have been adjudged to be a danger to themselves and/or others, different story, and we already have laws on the books for this. When exactly did the World Health Organization become the governing medcial body in the United States, anyway? Sorry, don't mean to ramble.

I warned my wife not to tell ANYONE that we have firearms. Or that were prepping in general. As far as Im concerned its no ones business. Im all for helping some family if and when the time comes but they dont need to know the extent of my supplies.

I warned my wife not to tell ANYONE that we have firearms. Or that were prepping in general. As far as Im concerned its no ones business. Im all for helping some family if and when the time comes but they dont need to know the extent of my supplies.

I had the same discussion the other night with my wife after hearing about my friends wife's experience. I told her if anyone asks her to tell them that it's none of their concern and if they don't like that then they can call me.

I had the same discussion the other night with my wife after hearing about my friends wife's experience. I told her if anyone asks her to tell them that it's none of their concern and if they don't like that then they can call me.

I really wish I had a thumbs up button.

don't ask, don't tell , although it does little good, everyone is so caught up in the 'system' 'they' will eventually find out your SSN esp insurance companies..all for 'billing purposes' to be sure..

don't ask, don't tell , although it does little good, everyone is so caught up in the 'system' 'they' will eventually find out your SSN esp insurance companies..all for 'billing purposes' to be sure..

agreed sir, but i will not make it easy for them.

REG, it sounds like you deal with I.H.S. too! glad my dr. approves of preppin'

OK, folks. Let's get this straight (I know my doctor has); the doctor is MY employee. He works for ME! I hired him and I can and will fire him. Right up to the point that Obozo care dictates I must go to this doctor at this time for my psychotropic meds (just to control violence don't you know - defined as anyone opposing Oboze is NUTS! Ask the Soviets how that works.) the doctor and I are partners in my health care. My physician has taken the Hippocratic oath, is a solid doctor who understands the role of non-traditional medicines (he does acupuncture - it works although I sure don't understand why) and we discuss what measure to take and why. That's the way it works with my employees. That's also why my congress persons didn't like hearing from me (Cruz is different, thank God) - I reminded them of who worked for whom. I need to get one of these: http://www.rangerup.com/purpose.html