Sign in to follow this  
silverwolf55

Battery Standardization

amen. i like my maglites and streamlites over everything ive seen. best bang for the buck in my opinion.

batteries everywhere for it. long run times for the $$. and they are built tough.

i think the tactical lights are a joke.(JMO) expensive batteries, way shorter run times, harder to find

batteries, and for what really, a bit brighter? nope not for me guys.

I completely agree with you on this Ricky, thats why my go to flashlight now is the Rayovac Roughneck, its under 30 bucks, uses three double A and is 200 lumens.

Have to agree mags are the best. Especially now that i switched them to LED's. you can bang the tar out of them without blowing the bulb (what can i say i'm hard on flashlights) and battery life increased.

yeah i just dont get the whole "tactical lights" thing. i think its in the wording really, "tactical" actually.

tac the word "tactical" on a can of greenbeans and up the price 400% and remove 1/4 of the contents.

All lithium batteries are expensive whether they are CR123s, AA or AAAs. CR123s will last as long as any other type batteries. It the devices that you put them in that is usually the problem. I have Surefire lights that eat up CR123s. But my 4 Sevens and Fenix light that have 2 to 3 times the output regulate power drain better. Plus, lithium batteries shelf life is better. I just wish I could find CR123s that are rechargeable. C and D size batteries can be a lot of weight in a pack.

All those Sanyo batteries and chargers are available from Thomas Distributing. Google them. I buy many rechargeables from them. Good service. the 123's can be had from Amazon.com for less than a buck each. New stock.

hi all

i've been thinking on these lines also.also looking at some things that dont need batteries.like a flashlite that has crank on it.this is a heard thing to think thru.for instance,i keep meeting murphy.so if i have 1 charger,and really need it murphy will sneak in and break it,thats his law.so does that mean we need 2 chargers.

Does anyone here have a subscription to "Farm Show Magazine" I just read an artical about re buildin batterys.Yes I was getting a hair cut at the local barber shop.lol..

I just cant spend $30 on a monthley paper right now.

Yes as Capt.Bart says one is none and 2 is one.Redundance is the rule..

I just wish I could find CR123s that are rechargeable. C and D size batteries can be a lot of weight in a pack.

Deal Extream is where i purchesed my rechargeable CR123 batterys & charger. All my electronic divices that i buy & use are AA, AAA, CR123 & 9 volts.

post-1547-13851497952888_thumb.jpg

post-1547-13851497953348_thumb.jpg

Got quite a stock of batteries here. A couple of solar chargers. I've picked up about 5 Coast 220 lumen Tac lights. I've also collected over the years a couple of 4 and 6 D cell maglights. It takes quite a bit longer

to charge the D batteries than the triple A's. I keep my CCrane solar radio and one charger in an .50 cal. ammo can with a few batteries just in case I've gotta grab and go. Also a UTC 330 lumen tactical pressure switch light for

my M-4 rail was in there. I wondered where that rail mount light got to!

Also made practice runs with about everything I/we'd have to use in a, "bad situation". Trying to make sure that most everyone knows how to use this stuff

in case I'm not around. I leave most stuff in original boxes with instructions.

Edited by desert rat

Does anyone here have a subscription to "Farm Show Magazine" I just read an artical about re buildin batterys.Yes I was getting a hair cut at the local barber shop.lol..

I just cant spend $30 on a monthley paper right now.

Yes as Capt.Bart says one is none and 2 is one.Redundance is the rule..

I have been getting that magazine for years. Lots of great info every month....well worth getting and they even offer back issues on dvd.

The best option for rechargeable AA and AAA's I've found so far is the Sanyo Eneloop System.

these are the best and last the longest by all information.

I also have a few shake lights and a few crank light radios etc..

as far as batteries I stick with AA and AAA and AAA can be sized up with a spacer and used in place

of AA or in a real life emergency a couple pieces of wire and use the AA in place of the AAA.

my charger is smart charger and is 12 volt on a wall wart or I can connect it to a vehicle or run it off

one of my solar panels..

I have been getting that magazine for years. Lots of great info every month....well worth getting and they even offer back issues on dvd.

there are articles on the net on how to make batteries with pencils I replace the pencil with carbon

cutting rods from the welding shop and uses aluminum foil and any acidic liquid in a jar...

[quote name=juzcallmesnake;8739

here is a somewhat simple solution you need as many of these as you need cells for each item your trying

to power and some things need more amps to even function so trial and error but it will not damage your

device it will not work or have a shorter use time' date=' it better than nothing.

http://www.greenbatteries.com/battery-adapter.html

No need to buy the adapter. What we do is to simply get a strip of cardboard and cut it so that its width is the length of an AA, then we wrap the battery with the cardboard till it's the correct diameter for C and D.

It's free and works just as well.

B.R.

Amit

there are articles on the net on how to make batteries with pencils I replace the pencil with carbon

cutting rods from the welding shop and uses aluminum foil and any acidic liquid in a jar...

sounds kinda like a 'bagdad' battery, not sure how those work but its some kind of metal rod and clay pot setup...any one hear/read about these?