Sign in to follow this  
rezmut

Multi use items

OK- I admit I stole the general idea from another site,but how 'bout we list our favorite multi use items,and as many uses as we can think of for them? My personal favorite is Everclear-antiseptic, fire starter,linament,cleaner,anastetic(ok,we all know by now I cant spell)sedative,pluss a sip or two in the evening makes the whole day seem brighter.

It's ok Snake. I'll say it...

Tampons and feminine napkins.. Good for stopping blood loss.. Whodathunkit?

Duct tape.. It's good for everything that doesn't respond to WD-40 (excellent fire starter btw)

.357 revolver... Also shoots .38. (Just a thought that hit me)

well there are quite a few dual purpose things I could speak with authority on but I was reminded it's a family friendly site

lalalalalalalalal.....................

OK SNAKE-YA GOT ME! I should have said BOB type multi use items

I like fencing pliers and a machete and a shovel not that it may not be good but if you loose it or god forbid it breaks

you got t stick thye don't worry because there are millions of chinese if one breaks there are still 999,.999 so I do not think

its a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket.

and the b@stard costs 90 bucks WOW I can buy a whole chinese pipe threader and dies with tool box for 75 bucks

shipped and northern tool has a 10 dollar off sale

good video auto.

2 things,

1, i didnt see a sticker on theirs that says "this product contains lead, a product known in calif.... yadda yadda yadda".

2, how come their products seem to be able to take abuse, but soon as its sent over here the quality goes to hell? :P

ricksconnected

I guess Ralph Nader is too old to do quality checks I mean you know he's got to be 90 and since it is not a toy

the---- council under national toy standards----- { use only the first letters to get the anagram} won't raise cain.

China does not have an EPA so their taters already have lead in them so no big deal whats a bit more lead.

but as you said good video Autonomous

ricksconnected

I guess Ralph Nader is too old to do quality checks I mean you know he's got to be 90 and since it is not a toy

the---- council under national toy standards----- { use only the first letters to get the anagram} won't raise cain.

China does not have an EPA so their taters already have lead in them so no big deal whats a bit more lead.

but as you said good video Autonomous

indeed my friend. lol

I had a WW2 era trenching tool that would do everything that one did except be a saw. They are steel...sharpen them and viola!! it will cut stuff. The Nam era trenching tools were good but I preferred the straight hardwood handle of the older ones.

I had a WW2 era trenching tool that would do everything that one did except be a saw. They are steel...sharpen them and viola!! it will cut stuff. The Nam era trenching tools were good but I preferred the straight hardwood handle of the older ones.
I quite agree with you on the WW2 e-tools,much better steel than later issue. About 1-2 hours with a file and you can have a saw too,just pick some time when you're realy realy bored!lol

I cant remember for sure what the knife was called. But there was this one that the marine corps had that was Very very broad, and had a blade on one side. kind of tapered off toward the front and could be used as a shovel to a degree, probably about 6-10 inches long three or four wide. I want one of those.

IDI and Hill Country gear make insulated poncho/sleeping bags

Ruger makes a Blackhawk convertible revolver that shoots 9mm with one cylinder/357 & 38 with the other. Also a 45LC/45ACP version

Several of the popular auto pistols have 22LR conversion kits available.

Backpacking buckets fold down real small & light but can be used for many things. I like having a red one for un-filtered water, blue for clean water from my gravity filter.

Vet wrap can be used for stabilizing sprains/breaks and as gauze for bleeding wounds

Duct tape and baling wire, used for everything.

stainless pot & water bottle

Kifaru wood stove, heat and cooking

A roll of dimes

there money.

brass knuckles

A black jack in a sock

2 with an insulator are a contact

in a 12 ga. shot shell they are like buck shot

if they are silver they can be used to kill pathogens in water {2 pieces of silver makes a electrostatic reaction}

Poker chips or card keepers if it's windy

etc etc....

Tea tree oil,

head lice, athletes foot, yeast infections, sore throats, chest congestion, sinuses, burns, blisters, open wounds, insect bites,

canker sores, acne

Cleaning- laundry, mold issues, disinfecting items

One little bottle of tea tree oil goes a long way.

I always travel with a small bottle and have it in my bugout car and bugout bag for home

Tea tree oil,

head lice, athletes foot, yeast infections, sore throats, chest congestion, sinuses, burns, blisters, open wounds, insect bites,

canker sores, acne

Cleaning- laundry, mold issues, disinfecting items

One little bottle of tea tree oil goes a long way.

I always travel with a small bottle and have it in my bugout car and bugout bag for home

Wow! did not know that...............thanks

Instead of duct tape, look for either ammo tape or gaffers tape.

Ammo tape is OD green, and sticks the same or better than duct tape

Gaffers tape is black and works the same as duct tape.

Both are cleaner than duct tape as the glue doesn't ooze out from under the tape and less residue left when you remove it.