Sign in to follow this  
Wonderling

Go-To (Guard Ch.) Frequences ????

Are there any Go-To frequences set up within the group??? A place where members could meet/monitor in times of need. Maybe not just ham stuff, but other places. Free-Band, marine radio, GMRS, FRS, Business Band..... Dot Freqs ?????

Bob

I know of nothing specific within the group, but maybe others do.

I do have this information from TAPRN.

"Catastrophe Network and The American Preparedness Radio Network (TAPRN) have teamed up to create a Standardized Amateur Radio Prepper Communications Plan. This plan outlines a standard set of frequencies that should be used by all preppers following a catastrophic disaster. These frequencies will serve as a meeting point where information about the event can be shared and actions between like minded preppers can be communicated."

• 80 Meters – 3.818 MHz LSB (TAPRN Net: Sundays at 9 PM ET)
  • 40 Meters – 7.242 MHz LSB
  • 40 Meters Morse Code / Digital – 7.073 MHz USB
  • 20 Meters – 14.242 MHz USB
  • 20 Meters Morse Code / Digital – 14.073 MHz USB
  • 2 Meters – 146.420 MHz FM
  • 440 (70 cm) – 446.420 MHz FM
  • FRS/GMRS – Channel 4 (462.6375 MHz)
  • CB – Channel 4 (27.005 MHz)
  • MURS – Channel 4 (154.570 MHz)

Here's the link to the complete article: http://www.catastrophenetwork.org/?page_id=446

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks, Silent, but everyone needs to remember that US hams do not have voice privileges in the CW (code) parts of the bands. While non-US hams often do, we do not. Using side band (USB) in those 7.073 or 14.073 is illegal and can cause a bad encounter with the government. I've talked to a couple of Canadian stations there that were using voice while I was using code. That is legal but picking up a microphone is not. Check out the band plan at http://www.arrl.org/band-plan and print out the band plan map for US hams. This would be a dumb reason to get crosswise with the Fed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1743[/ATTACH]

Note that not all levels of license have all privileges on all frequencies as well.

Thanks, Capt. I've used that chart many times.

And thanks for the caveats on band usage, too.

I am only tech licensed, so I would only be able to transmit voice on 70cm.

My own addition would be a reminder that one does not need a license to monitor any of the bands.