Sign in to follow this  
101matt

Gun grab Part..2..coming soon..

I don't want ya'll to think I'm ignoring the mental health aspect. What I'm getting at is that our mental health was better back then, mainly because we were raised the way we were raised. How many kids these days are on Ridlin or some other drug? How many people are medicated due to stress or anxiety? How much has the level of stress increased because people haven't been taught that stress is a normal thing?

OK, first there ARE folks who have mental illness and need medication. No question, no argument. The problem comes when we insist that I have a RIGHT to not have my iddy biddy feelings hurt so I need serious psychotropic medications for my hurt feelings. That stuff is serious and has REALLY serious side effects that can be bad news. Taking meds for "mood adjustment" is just plain stupid if the problem is I cry when that big mean old mommy said I couldn't play with my satanic friends.

I work with a guy whose wife drowned their children some years back. He was scape-goated (is that really a verb?) by the media and in court. Truth, not my favorite person and "feelings" are everything with him but the fact is that his wife was on meds because she was depressed. I don't know if it was the meds or the depression but he is now a basket case. We do a lot of talking (I don't know why, he doesn't like what I tell him but he still comes back) and I am finally getting him to realize that what he "THINKS" or "FEELS" is totally irrelevant. He hates that I won't argue in the gray areas but I keep telling him that what he thinks or what the courts say DO NOT CHANGE THE FACTS. (He's studying law) The Fact that the Supreme court ruled that Tomatoes are VEGETABLES does not alter in the slightest the FACT that tomatoes are a FRUIT; at least they are IF you pay attention to the science.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/57821

Says a lot more about the SCOTUS than it does about Tomatoes but that's another rant.

My point is that we've created "rights" that do NOT exist and the attempt to enforce them leads to catastrophic failures in our society.

Just my not so humble opinion.

I don't want ya'll to think I'm ignoring the mental health aspect. What I'm getting at is that our mental health was better back then, mainly because we were raised the way we were raised. How many kids these days are on Ridlin or some other drug? How many people are medicated due to stress or anxiety? How much has the level of stress increased because people haven't been taught that stress is a normal thing?

I agree Hoss. I think these kids are diagnosed with ADD (Adult Discipline Deficiency) and given drugs. The biggest thing I hear is they are "hyper". They do NOT burn off much energy sitting on a couch playing video games or watching TV.

Rayz couldn't agree more. My wife when we had our daughter started talking about we're not spanking and just doing time outs and talking nicely to our children and I told her no were not. I had too many friends growing up and I many friends today that try that bullsh*t and it just flat out doesnt work. Children need to be held to a high level made to respect their parents and other adults and if they don't a good rear end tanning should be enforced. I also believe, although it will NEVER happen that teachers and or principles should be allowed to spank our children when they are being brats as well.

Just my not so humble opinion.

My point is that we've created "rights" that do NOT exist and the attempt to enforce them leads to catastrophic failures in our society.

Excelent!!

Capt.Bart hit a home run..

The so called rights are invented based on preceived Ideas that a "Social WRONG' was committed and PAY Back(money) needes to be applyed,Or a new GROUP (Transvestism) need's to be PROTECTED..

Hay if you want to dress up LIKE a WOMEN ..Go for IT.(and Im still going to laph at you out load).but dont waste the Time and money getting our goverment to pass a law to say IT's OK ..and If I find it's FUNNY Im guilty of a HATE CRIME..............

Thats just WRONG.....

I swear to heaven Im not going to be PC again..get over it!!!

I saw an CNN interview last night with Soledad O'Brien where she was claiming to have a "fair and balanced" discussion regarding gun control and the NRA's position a la Wayne LaPierre. She had the Director of the Mayor's Council on Illegal Guns (gee, I wonder where he falls in the debate) and some guy I never heard of from a group I never heard of (some gun owners group in Michigan) who was appearing by telephone. The guy from the Mayor's Council was a slippery, "hired gun" for gun control who just made a point of insulting and denigrating the NRA upper personnel and calling LaPierre's speech bizarre and out of touch. The other guy did not try to defend the NRA since that was not his job but he made several good points so O'Brien shut him down. When he explained that 1/3 of the states would submit the needed records for a decent background check, the two gun control advocates started hollering HIPPA faster than you could blink. Yes, we should do everything we can to keep guns out of the hands of mentally unstable and possibly violent people EXCEPT SCREEN FOR THEM! Privacy rights vs. public policy? This is sticky but President Obama said any measures "for the children" and one easy one would be to fix the current system so it actually works. I guess I must be off my nonexistent meds to propose following the laws already on the books, but that would require states to do some work. Heaven forbid. Sorry, RANT over.

But the only good man with a gun is a police officer, right? Sometimes I can't believe these folks live alongside us on the same planet and that is one of the main problems we have in the country today. We have two competing realities.

Warrior, that's what I mean. Some folks live with blinders on and refuse to check out what is really going on in the world. On one hand, I can see the point to their worry because gun violence does seem to be everpresent, but I think the thuggish mentality is not just limited to the US. On the other hand, I saw on the local news the two nights ago here in Houston where five minutes was devoted to the tragic death of a teen killed for a pair of sneakers, while twenty seconds time was spent describing an attack at a convienence store where the worker managed to reach his concealed carry weapon and wound his attacker, driving him off. At the time, the attacker was leading the clerk to the back room of the store, and anyone want to guess his intentions? This barely gets a mention because the man managed to save his own life with a firearm. Doesn't fit the narrative so the incident gets barely mentioned.

OK, there are a ton of problems. If anyone is scripture phobic skip the next paragraph.

The Bible tells us that if a man loves his child he will chastise him daily. God gave kids those chubby little backsides to absorb bounces on the floor and to accept "parental corrective action". Does not harm the kid physically and lets them know in absolute terms when they cross the line. Not abuse but correction.

End of skip. One of the MAIN illusions is that somehow "GUN" violence is worse than knife violence or club violence or fist violence or poison violence or fire violence or ..... "pick one" violence. The problem is the monsters that kill for whatever reasons will find a way to kill. More kids were murdered in 'gun safe' China than in Connecticut on the same day, with a knife. Check out http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/07/aurora_shooting_how_did_people_commit_mass_murder_before_automatic_weapons_.html for some 'inconvenient truths'. You know, based on body count I think we need to ban airliners. I mean after all, those passengers managed to murder thousands in a single incident. We absolutely must do a stringent control of airline passengers - oh, wait, we do .... with the same results as the government gets with gun bans and boarder control and import of drugs and ..... but I become redundant.

Does anyone know of ANY government program that REALLY works as intend? Anyone? Anyone at all?

Edited by Capt Bart

I sent a copy of this above statement also to my Senators just for Balance..

Thanks Cap.(no name but MINE is on it)

Thanks for the consideration, Matt, but I gave up being gray some time back. Locally, sure, but there is something about my "Ranger Up" tee shirts that is not exactly 'subdued'. I am way too well known to anyone who really wants to know who I am to worry about it now. I don't advocate anyone else follow my path, but I became way too public before I thought about being gray to do much about it now.

I figure I will get a Call from a friend first before "They" come to the house..

Iam TIRED of watching the BULL SHIT..Happen ..Im to old to run and to young to give a shit..

I was dumped in the Black forest at 19/given half of the gear I needed/drove a 1948 5 ton..and was expected to WATCH the border!

I made it,and learned the hard way.

Im older and better prepared for the "Watch"...Now..

Im still PISSED ABOUT IT............

Sorry for the rant

If federal agencies are chartered to Protect and Defend the People, why do they need "assault weapons" (they have the full auto versions)? I am told by such "intelligent" people like AG Holder and Secretaries Clinton and Napolitano, that the semi auto rifles and pistols I have are "assault weapons" and their sole purpose is to murder, not defense or personal protection. So why do those whose mission it is to defend and protect need "assault weapons"? Who do THEY intend to murder?

I know they will use the same argument they used to arm the "G-Men" with "Tommy Guns" back in the 1920's; they need these tools to be able to DEFEND against the bad guys. Shouldn't We the People be entitled to the same degree of protection from the bad guys or are they openly admitting they feel they are better than we and therefore are entitled to more protection?

OK, there are a ton of problems. If anyone is scripture phobic skip the next paragraph.

The Bible tells us that if a man loves his child he will chastise him daily. God gave kids those chubby little backsides to absorb bounces on the floor and to accept "parental corrective action". Does not harm the kid physically and lets them know in absolute terms when they cross the line. Not abuse but correction.

End of skip. One of the MAIN illusions is that somehow "GUN" violence is worse than knife violence or club violence or fist violence or poison violence or fire violence or ..... "pick one" violence. The problem is the monsters that kill for whatever reasons will find a way to kill. More kids were murdered in 'gun safe' China than in Connecticut on the same day, with a knife. Check out http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/07/aurora_shooting_how_did_people_commit_mass_murder_before_automatic_weapons_.html for some 'inconvenient truths'. You know, based on body count I think we need to ban airliners. I mean after all, those passengers managed to murder thousands in a single incident. We absolutely must do a stringent control of airline passengers - oh, wait, we do .... with the same results as the government gets with gun bans and boarder control and import of drugs and ..... but I become redundant.

Does anyone know of ANY government program that REALLY works as intend? Anyone? Anyone at all?

the postal service was pretty good for awhile before it crashed...LOL

the postal service was pretty good for awhile before it crashed...LOL

And like many businesses before them they failed to keep up with the changes in business...their business is communications and the average American doesn't write anyone anymore. Instant gratification is the word of the day. Now you understand why they want to record all the electronic communications.....that way the survivors can if the technology still exists look back and see just how stupid their predecessors were.

I think life in America should be like a pizza get your slice and pick off what you don't want and leave everyone else pizza alone

but the lefties cannot seem to get that through their head.

All these actors and singers leading the life and children are so enamored they mimic everything clothes speech and drug use so as far as I am concerned they have killed more children with their self indulgent B.S. than any gun ever could.

suicide rates are up serious drug use versus pot or drinking is up doctors are prescribing depression like candy and still kids are killing each other for drug turf and nike shoes and fancy football jackets but a nut kills people it all news all the time even fox news

ground it into the dirt and rehashed and pontificated and offered suggestions like the left needs any of those. Oriley and his big mouth he has become what he used to disdain a bloviating pundit who does not know what he is talking about.

I want to ban kool aid after all Jim Jones killed hundreds with it how about the Tylenol killings years ago why did they not make it illegal?

and air conditioning that is what caused legionnaires disease. how about child sex trafficking in the far east we still give them money and we allow them travel and embassies here and importation of all their goods while children are being bought and sold like cattle in the sex trade and we are talking infants on up.

the left dose not give a damn about children 1.3 million abortions last year alone and they did not even want to allow any pro life

group to speak to the women and girls beforehand only wanted a one sided conversation ABORTION .

this is another one of those never waste a good tragedy going and chewing up the scenery talking sh*t and praying are you kidding the guy that wont wear a flag on his lapel wont hold his hand over his heart or salute the flag and has yet to go to Arlington.

somebody please slap me I think I am in a nightmare what a crock of sh*t they care my azz lying buch of turds.

how about the family of the ex navy seal, I will investigate and we will find the truth and brig those responsible to justice"

oh yea I believed that crap now the left is not even covering it they were someones children too.

their insincerity lies and fake tears make me want to puke and as I have suspected all along hillary has a concussion hell I knew

she had a head defect years ago why is it news now oh thats right shes trying to doge being blamed for being a tight azz and allowing 4 people to die under these rules we need to free the captain of the concordia disaster after all he was in the same position head of the vessel / organization in charge of making all decisions and is bound by duty to protect the lives under their

jurisdiction and even taken an oath on it.

well the only other thing about her that makes me mad is that she's as big as a house and getting bigger if we are a country that abhors obesity then why in the hell do people put up with these lardo's in the military if you get out of shape your going to fix it or your out we need the same rules for sorry azz government workers hit the tread mill or hit the road.

I know what a copy of that I want to send them I need to zerox my azz and put a bulls eye on it and tell them to kiss the port hole.