Sign in to follow this  
William Tell

Water storage

I have a katadyn water filter but I'm in Center City Philly only river close to me is Del or Schu and neither is in the direction I need to be headed, but as I prepare more nd more i realize I may have to bug in unless I can get out before TSHF, I have to travel thru North Philly to get to my parents and sisters but its like a cattle shoot thru some of the worst neighborhoods in the country, idk what to do so I just have to take each situation as it comes

I have a katadyn water filter but I'm in Center City Philly only river close to me is Del or Schu and neither is in the direction I need to be headed, but as I prepare more nd more i realize I may have to bug in unless I can get out before TSHF, I have to travel thru North Philly to get to my parents and sisters but its like a cattle shoot thru some of the worst neighborhoods in the country, idk what to do so I just have to take each situation as it comes

Well, you're on the right track by thinking it through ahead of time.

Also, pull a google earth map and check for any other water sources along the way. No guarantee they'll be there later but at least you'll know where they're most likely to be.