Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Vive

Bullshit

"How does evil even exist in light of God?"

I believe I answered this question, but will try and clarify my stance.

Evil does co-exist, as a product of free-will, with God. The lack of God or good will, allows evil to move in. For a physical description, think you are in the Tiatanic after hitting the iceberg. The ship is taking on water, but everyone is not truly concerned because the ship is unsinkable. The crew and possibly even the closer passengers try and bail water but with the hole, the water keeps rushing in. As the water rushes in, it displaces the air (which is needed for breath and also bouyancy) and thus the ship sinks. The Titanic represents man-kind, which feels superior and equal to, any and all beings, so unsinkable. The water is evil, which is displacing good because man thinks his ways are infallible and bailing the water and trying to shut hatches would be likened to laws that try and legislate morality, while taking away the very liberty and love needed to live in harmony and peace with each other. Forced "love" (to use your theory) is not true and therefore creates envy and gluttony. The air (good) is forced out because water is denser and it's presence helps push the air out faster, creating a bigger void to fill. So as evil fills the void left by good, man kind sinks to the bottom. Because man thinks he can defeat anything and everything with a regulation and/or a law, the morals cease to be important and without morals is immorality, which is what feeds evil to grow.

For the record, I truly suck at parables and analogies. But the more that we try to seal off with a law or regulation to replace morality, we will see more immorality and evil fill the void. So by banning any mention of God or allowing religion to thrive freely, we allow the nonreligious to fill the void left. If you really get into the mentality, it doesn't matter if a person "worships" God, Yahweh, Jehova, Buddha, Hindu (not sure how many they have), Taoism, Nature, etc (except satanists who teach do as you wish for that is all that is important); they follow guidelines of morality. Every mass shooter I've looked at, has either never worshiped or turned their back completely on the religion they were shown in their youth.

Well I do consider myself to be agnostic, as I don't see enough proof of existence for a tri-omni Judeo-Christian God, or enough proof to disprove God's existence. But, I do study arguments for both sides religiously (pun intended)

Also, I see mass religion as a way to control society (through guilt) as a means to keep society civilized. I see the need for religion in that aspect. And I without a doubt, believe that there are some people out there that NEED and SHOULD have faith in a supreme power. The idea of God does indeed save some people, but is not the only means of being moral and happy..

So here's a question for you, since you said it yourself, evil is prevalent right now in the world, everywhere, that's undeniable and any reasonable person can recognize this.

How does evil even exist in light of God?

If God knows about this evil, and won't stop it, God isn't as morally good as you think. If God knows about it, but CAN'T do anything about it, God isn't all powerful, lastly, if God just plain out doesn't notice the evil, God does not know everything.

But, evil still exists, so either God isn't all knowing, all powerful, or all knowing. Or he never existed.

It's an old argument, but there you go.

So assuming that God never existed and evil has always been around, but is getting worse now, perhaps I can shed some light on things that are influencing evil acts today, yesterday, and tomorrow.

Modern video games, modern movies, role models acting out (celebs), the music industry promoting gangs and violence, the increase in people born with mental disabilities, the increase in psychology and doctors diagnosing EVERYONE with something, the idea that there has to be something wrong with YOU, in terms of mental health. Hell it could even be the sodium fluoride, and other known toxins they treat tap water with, human studies show there are numerous health issues associated with this stuff. [1] Maybe it's the highly poisonous aspartame in most of our sodas, cereals, and other store-shelf foods that are causing moral compasses, as a society to re-wire, or to self destruct entirely.

The human spirit is a powerful thing.

The following is a solution for evil and God co-existing at the same time. Perhaps this can answer your question.

God created us to spread his love, and He is only worthy of the best kind of love, love that is chosen freely not forced. God knew this, so during the creation of all of us, God HAD to give us freewill to receive the best type of love, love by personal choice. So, perhaps evil is just a misuse of the human free-will God lovingly gave us. Perhaps evil is spawned from a lack of God. I don't think there's enough evidence on either side.

In summary, I don't feel that it's safe to say that the lack of God causes this evil. But rather, I look at what we can know for sure which is these evil acts are promoted in all media outlets in society as we know it, and that these messages spread like fire.

Oh dear me....Agnostic? A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena.

The single most important thing that the civilized humanbeing has ever learned to do is write. Be it by a drawing or some form of recording something. Without the

ability to record anything there'd be no history, or advancement of civilization(s) or mankind for that matter.

By the roadmap of Christianity, the Bible, we are taught to walk by FAITH. With no physical evidence of GOD. Only the teachings of Prophets and Jesus Christ

whom "I" am not worthy. So whatever your religion is, I'd like to ask you a question if I may? If we all taught these teachings and instilled in our children

the "golden rule". ( Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you ) and follow these Ten Commandments, how could there be room for the evil that exsits today?

Anywhere? I fear no man, but I do fear the wrath of GOD.

1. Thou shalt not have any other gods besides me

2. Thou shalt not make for thyself any graven image

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain

4. Remember to keep holy the sabbath day

5. Honour thy father and mother

6. Thou shalt not kill.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.

8. Thou shalt not steal.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife.

If we all followed these Commandments and the teachings of the Bible how could there be room for the evil that exists?

Granted, this country was built by imigrants. We are a very diverse scociety. The Mother of Exiles asked for us all! If you want to live free, come!

She offered, freedom of speech, religion, taxation without representation, ect. The freedom to make a choice. Whatever the choice you make, YOU make it.

You being educated should know the story behind the Revolution and why/what made these Freedoms possible.

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Well I do consider myself to be agnostic, as I don't see enough proof of existence for a tri-omni Judeo-Christian God, or enough proof to disprove God's existence. But, I do study arguments for both sides religiously (pun intended)

Also, I see mass religion as a way to control society (through guilt) as a means to keep society civilized. I see the need for religion in that aspect. And I without a doubt, believe that there are some people out there that NEED and SHOULD have faith in a supreme power. The idea of God does indeed save some people, but is not the only means of being moral and happy..

So here's a question for you, since you said it yourself, evil is prevalent right now in the world, everywhere, that's undeniable and any reasonable person can recognize this.

How does evil even exist in light of God?

If God knows about this evil, and won't stop it, God isn't as morally good as you think. If God knows about it, but CAN'T do anything about it, God isn't all powerful, lastly, if God just plain out doesn't notice the evil, God does not know everything.

But, evil still exists, so either God isn't all knowing, all powerful, or all knowing. Or he never existed.

It's an old argument, but there you go.

So assuming that God never existed and evil has always been around, but is getting worse now, perhaps I can shed some light on things that are influencing evil acts today, yesterday, and tomorrow.

Modern video games, modern movies, role models acting out (celebs), the music industry promoting gangs and violence, the increase in people born with mental disabilities, the increase in psychology and doctors diagnosing EVERYONE with something, the idea that there has to be something wrong with YOU, in terms of mental health. Hell it could even be the sodium fluoride, and other known toxins they treat tap water with, human studies show there are numerous health issues associated with this stuff. [1] Maybe it's the highly poisonous aspartame in most of our sodas, cereals, and other store-shelf foods that are causing moral compasses, as a society to re-wire, or to self destruct entirely.

The human spirit is a powerful thing.

The following is a solution for evil and God co-existing at the same time. Perhaps this can answer your question.

God created us to spread his love, and He is only worthy of the best kind of love, love that is chosen freely not forced. God knew this, so during the creation of all of us, God HAD to give us freewill to receive the best type of love, love by personal choice. So, perhaps evil is just a misuse of the human free-will God lovingly gave us. Perhaps evil is spawned from a lack of God. I don't think there's enough evidence on either side.

In summary, I don't feel that it's safe to say that the lack of God causes this evil. But rather, I look at what we can know for sure which is these evil acts are promoted in all media outlets in society as we know it, and that these messages spread like fire.

Sir,

You are hitting one of the greatest problems that man has ever wrestled with, not always successfully I might add. If God can stop evil but chooses not to do so, isn't He committing evil? There are tons (probably literally) of paper and ink spent on this issue. I'm not one of the great thinkers but as guys like St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Augustine described it, God permits evil to bring about a greater good.

First, if we couldn't choose to do evil, we wouldn't have free will and God doesn't lie or go back on His word. Although some religious think their version of god does lie and change his mind, the Scriptural (Old and New Testaments) concept is of an unchanging God Who is Truth, Light, Life and Beauty among other things.

Secondly, let us put this into context. IF Jesus was who we think He was (and who He said He was) then the greatest crime and sin ever committed (or possible to be committed for that matter) was deicide. By killing Jesus we humans attempted to murder God; in fact we succeeded except not permanently (there is that little matter of the Resurrection but that is a whole different theological discussion). But what was the result of this greatest of all possible evils? The salvation of the human race and the possibility of obtaining eternal life with God if we so choose. So the greatest of all possible evils resulted in the greatest of all possible goods. God will not be outdone. The closing scene in Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ is one most folks actually miss. Satan is sitting in hell thinking of a job well done and when Jesus dies, it looks up and SCREAMS because it has been defeated at the very moment of victory; by it's victory itself, actually.

We forget that death is not the greatest of all evils, the loss of our soul is the greatest evil. That fact is why hundreds of thousands (millions - who knows really?) have gone to death rather than betray the Truth.

Our problem here is that we have turned our children (Jesus had some words about this action as well) into amoral monsters who will do anything in order to just FEEL something. After doing that, then we blame the tools these monsters use to commit their evil. The lack of examination of how we changed from a 1950's culture to a 2012 culture and an instance that we do more of the things that got us here is the real problem.

Just my not so humble opinion, of course, but unlike the government and Pravda (lame stream media) I have actually spent time thinking and praying about these kinds of things.

Oh dear me....Agnostic? A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena.

The single most important thing that the civilized humanbeing has ever learned to do is write. Be it by a drawing or some form of recording something. Without the

ability to record anything there'd be no history, or advancement of civilization(s) or mankind for that matter.

By the roadmap of Christianity, the Bible, we are taught to walk by FAITH. With no physical evidence of GOD. Only the teachings of Prophets and Jesus Christ

whom "I" am not worthy. So whatever your religion is, I'd like to ask you a question if I may? If we all taught these teachings and instilled in our children

the "golden rule". ( Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you ) and follow these Ten Commandments, how could there be room for the evil that exsits today?

Anywhere? I fear no man, but I do fear the wrath of GOD.

1. Thou shalt not have any other gods besides me

2. Thou shalt not make for thyself any graven image

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain

4. Remember to keep holy the sabbath day

5. Honour thy father and mother

6. Thou shalt not kill.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.

8. Thou shalt not steal.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife.

If we all followed these Commandments and the teachings of the Bible how could there be room for the evil that exists?

Granted, this country was built by imigrants. We are a very diverse scociety. The Mother of Exiles asked for us all! If you want to live free, come!

She offered, freedom of speech, religion, taxation without representation, ect. The freedom to make a choice. Whatever the choice you make, YOU make it.

You being educated should know the story behind the Revolution and why/what made these Freedoms possible.

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

I agree with most of the commandments, but why do you have to take that blind leap of faith and believe in an invisible God?

I can follow all of the commandments without believing in God, solely based on my morality, without faith in God

I agree with most of the commandments, but why do you have to take that blind leap of faith and believe in an invisible God?

I can follow all of the commandments without believing in God, solely based on my morality, without faith in God

fewer and fewer people are doing that...belief in God comes through revelation then comes the leap of faith...

This is where moral values meet religious belief. You have your belief.

Its your choice. I have mine. My choice. I believe in heaven and hell.

An afterlife. If you read John ch. 3 Jesus explains to Nicodemus that no man will enter into heaven on just works unless he accepts GOD through JESUS who died for our sin.

This country is free, and you are of freewill to choose. You are not made to believe in just one religion.

So if you keep some of GODS commandments, I'll say you do have some high moral values.

May peace fill all of your hearts this Christmas season.

dr

Sir_Vive..

Man I love you..Please hold on the what you know as the truth...............You have spoken with kindness and consern.Thanks.

So as a Brother Im going to say that because I have been personaly Touch by God's hand and have experenced some Awsome stuff that just cant be explained..

Im going to PRAY................and hope the Other people of faith join me in DAILY Prayer....

"Dad"..we have a friend ..Sir_vive..he is looking...please send the COMFORTER to his hart and mind..

For you formal Christians............

"Yeshua..My lord and King..I ask In your name to have the Holy spirit surround my brother in peace,fill him with your Loving tenderness.

In JESUS name amen..

Ok so be ready..Luv u ..

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Topics

• here is the survival coupons codes to get a amazing material of survival struggling 
    • Hey all, This is sort of cool (okay really cool) and maybe some of you have heard about it because it's been plastered over FOX and mentioned by POTUS as well as other conservative-leaning news people (Huckabee, Diamond/Silk, Candace Owens, Mark Levin, etc..) and politicians. #walkaway is a movement based mostly on social media. Started last year, by Brandon Straka (pronounced Strawk - like "straw" with a "k"). He's a former 2016 HRC-voting hair stylist, from NE, now in NYC, homosexual, liberal who began to question the MSM and what he was hearing. He got really frustrated as he began to do his own research. Anyway, after having his own awakening to the lies of MSM he had been following, he began an online testimonial campaign in which former liberals can post their #walkaway stories, written or video. Many are now on the "Trump Train." Many have simply left the Left. Still, others have always been non-Left and are members in support. The amazing thing is how many different people from all walks of life are beginning to wake up. Lots are not conservative on all issues, but all have a love for the USA and dislike the demonization of open political and social thinkers and speakers. This group gives solace to people scared to voice their conservative opinions or views for fear of negative professional or personal responses. It now has budding smaller groups in all 50 states and an online discussion group where people discuss current topics or issues (WITH no vitriol, gasp).  Here's the original video from Brandon.  www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UGcghHZsk This man, Brandon has a unique, stylish, well-articulated voice to help move people "in hiding" out into the open and not be silenced. Pretty much any video Brandon does is great. Here is the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/groups/OFFICIALwalkawaycampaign/ As I see fights erupt online, I simply leave #walkaway in the comments. Brandon has a goal of 1 million members! The liberal media has called this campaign "Russian Bots" and "paid actors." It's not!!!        
    • thanks to all who  have served or are serving our great country....243 years in the making....   Trump did a good job today thanking each branch of our military and a long time coming salute to the coast guard too....
    • I can imagine food prices going up this Fall or Winter. Corn is used for live stock feed, & us humans consume a lot of corn based products, as well as corn based biofuel. I’ve been keeping a watchful eye on the mid-west of America, which is flooded by water. Where corn  & other crops are normally grown there. Farmers are quite worried about this years growing season. Time to stock up on extra food if you can, if you haven’t already. Stack it high, stack it deep. Store the foods that you normally eat. What ever the  amount of food you’ve stored,  try to double it if possible. Better extra safe, than sorry.