Sign in to follow this  
W134

Hello from Moreno Valley Ca

I live in Moreno Valley Ca. east of Riverside west of palm Springs

I've been prepping for about a year now starting to get the hang of it, but still have a lot to learn. I've have 20 acres in Moreno Valley with a bug out location in Indio Ca. I’m now learning to navigate the forms and finding a lot of good info at Survival Cache. I’m looking to get off the grid completely in a few years. I have my own well with a 5000 gal holding tank. I’m on propane and electric. I’m looking to learn more about wind and solar. If anyone has good connects let me know. Well that’s it about me hope we’ll be talking soon.

Prep on!!!!

W134

W134 welcome to the forum

Looking at your post think you should look into turning a septic tank into a methane gas production system it is

done by the Chinese with some success depending on how much goes in many of these folks add in their livestock

excrement all it is A domed lid to capture the methane a copper or black poly line a check valve to take it to where

ever you need heat

as I can see they use regular propane burners the dairy industry uses a form of this but as everything in the U.S. its

complicated has electronic controls and is way too complicated.

interesting I'm going to see if I can find more info on that. Thanks

W134 welcome to the forum

Looking at your post think you should look into turning a septic tank into a methane gas production system it is

done by the Chinese with some success depending on how much goes in many of these folks add in their livestock

excrement all it is A domed lid to capture the methane a copper or black poly line a check valve to take it to where

ever you need heat

as I can see they use regular propane burners the dairy industry uses a form of this but as everything in the U.S. its

complicated has electronic controls and is way too complicated.

I live in Moreno Valley Ca. east of Riverside west of palm Springs

I've been prepping for about a year now starting to get the hang of it, but still have a lot to learn. I've have 20 acres in Moreno Valley with a bug out location in Indio Ca. I’m now learning to navigate the forms and finding a lot of good info at Survival Cache. I’m looking to get off the grid completely in a few years. I have my own well with a 5000 gal holding tank. I’m on propane and electric. I’m looking to learn more about wind and solar. If anyone has good connects let me know. Well that’s it about me hope we’ll be talking soon.

Prep on!!!!

W134

Howdy from West Texas,

Sounds like you're moving in all the right ways thus far. So far so good! Keep it up. What type of system do you have in place for your offgrid set-up? Were also offgrid using both wind and solar.

Please take a few moments to share you experience in terms of living on you BOL. There is theory and then there's practical application. I opt for practical application.

Looking forward to benefit from you.

Desert Marine

Troy B

Hi w134,just wantin to say welcome, and you've come to the best place I've found to learn about preppin'. Everyone here has been real nice about answering questions I had ever since I joined. I look forward to sharing info with you, as I too plan on being off the grid in the future

I’ve lived in Moreno Valley for about 42 years. I work in Indio (east of Palm Springs) and have a house there too. That house is about ½ mile from the San Andreas Fault. When the big one hits I don’t plan on it still being there. Hopefully I won’t be in it. I’ve been working at Indio PD for 16 years and still love it.

My property in Moreno Valley has been a labor of love. It was in disrepair when I got it in 2000. The house is 2000 Sq. on 20 acres and I got it for $179,000 even now not a bad price. Been working on it ever since just a little at a time.