Sign in to follow this  
t2940

Newbie from Texas

Welcome all............hope to learn from you all since I don't know anything other than watching the survival shows. That led me to organizing enough stuff so I don't have to do what they were doing the hard way. All I know so far is water, fire, food, shelter, first aid, and security.

I'm a water guy

Hopefully you guys and gals will teach me the rest.

Welcome, T. Remember, before you get too involved, spend a little time thinking about what what your most likely scenario is and the prep to that particular issue first. Here in Houston it's hurricanes and in some ares loss of water supply. Along Houston's ship channel it might be an industrial accident but hurricanes are a big threat anywhere along the coast. Prep the most likely first, then get other things (financial collapse is also a very highly likely event in this day and age) then worry about less likely things in the order you see as biggest threats. I usually add pandemic fairly high in my list because of the area, but that is MY list. You need to think about what should be on yours.

Again, welcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome ! I've got a lot of reading to do to catch up. Looks like good tips and great humor so far so this looks right up my alley.

Capt Bart, i've got a lot of friends down your way and took in some family last big hurricane down there. I have one family member that has to stay behind for first response in Harris county so you know what my Christmas gift will be for him. He'll get one of my many backpacks that matches his uniform. I bought a quantity to give to friends and trade for other stuff I need.

Thanks again

Welcome all............hope to learn from you all since I don't know anything other than watching the survival shows. That led me to organizing enough stuff so I don't have to do what they were doing the hard way. All I know so far is water, fire, food, shelter, first aid, and security.

I'm a water guy

Hopefully you guys and gals will teach me the rest.

Hello,

I'm new myself and have lots to learn as well. Nice to know others took an interest after watching the survival show :)

Hello,

I'm new myself and have lots to learn as well. Nice to know others took an interest after watching the survival show :)

Thanks Lemonmint, looks like we'll learn some good stuff here from what i've read so far.

I did get a bit addicted to a few survival shows.