Sign in to follow this  
Sherrie

Way to make your own fireplace logs out of newspaper

Not sure if I am in the right area to post this. If the moderator could move me if this isn't the right place

I would appreciate it <3

I am going to order this.

According to some of the reviews I have read some of the models are crap.

This one has great reviews.

I have a wood burning fireplace. I would like to start making these now out of the newspapers and waste paper I collect.

Any thoughts Negative and postive?

http://www.kotulas.com/deals/4in1-paper-log-maker#

Sherrie,

I have been heating my house with wood for more than 30 years. I have tried several of these paper-into-logs devices. They have not worked that well in my opinion. There is evidence that one should not burn colored or coated paper in a fireplace. That considerably cuts down on what is left to burn to just b&w newspaper.

But, what do I know? :o

we have never ever been able to get newspaper logs to burn properly. I believe it is a waste of ones time to make them, based on the output of fire from that effort. Also, when we cleaned our wood burning stove and chimney pipes etc etc, after burning a weeks worth of newspaper logs with our wood logs, wenoticed a higher amount of yuk that came out. Yuk is anything from creosote to ..yuk. Also, our fireplace had the same problem. Now, if wood is scarce, we would augment our burns with newspaper. Lots of families around here have the same conclusion on newspaper logs.