Sign in to follow this  
MuckSavage

Hey all! South Jersey Family here

Greetings all, I just want to take a few moments to introduce myself. I suppose I've been better prepared than most for my entire life, as an Eagle Scout, growing up in & maintaining a hunting & fishing, outdoorsman lifestyle. I also geocache, camp (in an RV & tent/backpack trips). I'm also an Overlander, driving a well equipped (mild lift, winch, recovery equip., small food/water stash) Jeep Cherokee. Also a self contained bus-style motorhome. My job is a millwright/construction manager, so by nature I do everything myself (mechanical, pumbing, electrical, welding, etc.) I've always prided myself on the fact that I could live within my home for days without anything from the outside (heat my home with wood), and I guess I've gotten a little more serious after recent local events like Hurricane Sandy, the Train Derailment/Vinyl Chloride spill, and the election. I'm a gun owner, and while I know it's a tough task here in NJ, I recently applied for a cary-permit. My wife recently enrolled in a self defense/MMA course. I've taken self defense courses in the past and used to pick up side work as a bouncer. Wife & I are both first aid trained. I could go on & on, but I'll leave that as a brief introduction for now.

I look forward to reading & learning, all while contributing when I can.

Thanks for having me!

-Muck

Welcome to the Forum Muck!

Everybody admires someone who is an Eagle Scout but I don't know that they really understand how much Scouting can teach a boy the basic skills for being prepared. Everything from packing a pack, camping and fire building to cooking and tying a knot. That stuff stays with you for a lifetime.

Glad to have you on the forum.

Welcome muck. Im from north jersey originally. Still work there. The devastation on the jersey shore was horrific to watch. Def an eye opener to alot of people. I miss my jeep cherokee. Drove one for 4 years sold it about 2 years ago but looking into getting one again. It was one of the best vehicles I ever had

Welcome to the forum, Muck! Sounds like you'll have a lot to contribute, and I hope you'll find a lot of good information here for you to use. Of course, I know you'll find lots of good people here. ;) I look forward to reading more from and about you in the future!