Sign in to follow this  
Regulator5

bob costas shows his ineptness

I received an email today from the NRA-ILA about how bob costas went on air during a footgame to say that handguns need to be banned. Someone who makes their living and has a life based solely on a diversion of ZERO consequence to reality should keep their opinions to themselves until they are actually in a venue to express their opinion. I personally do not waste my time watching sports, especially pro, and now will ban it from my house. If they want to use their status as role models for delusional idiots to take away my Rights, I figure the least I can do is ensure my children do not get submitted to their self indulgence that they actually matter.

I find it obscene that sheople will know who won the last super bowl, world series or (pick the diversion) but cannot tell you who their legislative representatives are; they know who was mvp for whichever waste of time and their stats but cannot name 1 Medal of Honor winner and their actions.

While most of us abide the law and strive to make the place we call home a better place, it seems that most "pros" are crying because they don't make enough money at $5M+ a year to PLAY a game and are crying because they are broke after wasting all of it on drugs. The costas rant about firearms being evil is not true, all you must do is look at the scourge of society that end up in the diversion to understand that they chose their "end" by the very means of their life. I wonder if he cries about all the innocent victims that are killed because of the riots the fans commit over an absurd waste of time or the victims of crimes while their dealers are doing battle to protect their turf... (funny, don't the playing fields of these same grossly overpaid illiterates also contain turf?). I guess it's all ok since after being a junkie, they can be inducted into a hall of fame that honors the worst of humanity.

Rant ends

Reg, he was reacting to the football player who killed his girlfriend, and then killed himself in front of a coach or two (I think). That just happened Saturday, so it was bound to be talked about and even over-reacted to. I expect that a lot of people who reacted this way will rethink the whole thing after everything calms down and some time passes.

Even I have to wonder why it was so easy for someone who was apparently irresponsible and unstable to come by a firearm. Of course, I think that every time some nutjob takes innocent lives.

Nana, the same way these idiots end up with all their drugs. A friend of mine who was a DEA agent said that for every kilo of coke that comes into the country, an AK or other illegal weapon comes in with it to help the gangs protect their turf and drugs.

I just see the action of the POS who committed the crime as just another reason to drop these clowns from primetime where kids can watch them and hear about their antics. I'm sorry he got his girlfriend but the world is a better place now that this weak willed POS is no longer wasting resources. Between the drugs and head injuries, is it any wonder these clowns end up the way they are?

well in countries where firearms are rare to nonexistent they blow each other to bits poison and stab or beat down run over,

the amount of deaths by firearms is 0 but by anything else it is the same as it is here except in places where they are more

cosmopolitan {you do my wife I key your car because that is all she is worth everyone has done her} but murder and killing still exist it is just the over educated idiots here think because they don't have gun violence there's no violence.

did Costas bother to raise hell about all the killings with slings and rocks in Israel ???? even O'riely had a lousy opinion

you have to take a class more jail time blah blah how about personal responsibility you do something you pay with a rope.

some people think too much live and let live if you interfere with someones living you get a rope in public it should be a somber

affair anyone acting like a clown need to have their azz whipped we have become what Rome was right before the fall

everything was funny death was a show {the courts today} theater not justice and not decent.

people have been killed with anything you can name even a pillow if you let them start registering pillows OMG they already do

ever notice that TAG on it and the mattress punishable if removed by law.

the stupidity of this country has gone to a whole new level where imbeciles are giants and morons are kings and queens.

under the new health law ELC end of life councilling they intend to allow you to die naturally if you cannot eat or drink they will

not allow you to be fed or given drink this includes the mentally disabled and the elderly read it it is in black and white.

but to put a murderer to death NEVER THATS TOO CRUEL now thats funny right there.

I'm not saying Costas was right. I'm saying that a lot of people popped off and will reconsider when things calm down.

Nana, I took no offense with what you said. Just pisses me off when these jokes that have an occupation NOT dealing with anything important want to weigh in using their venue on important issues. They should stick to their fantasy world and leave reality to those of us who have to live and deal with it.

Nana, I took no offense with what you said. Just pisses me off when these jokes that have an occupation NOT dealing with anything important want to weigh in using their venue on important issues. They should stick to their fantasy world and leave reality to those of us who have to live and deal with it.

exactly...

Geez, Reg, I didn't need another reason not to watch! And I didn't think I had offended you, or hoped I hadn't, but thought I might not have expressed myself clearly.

Nana, newp, you were clear and I thought you added second comment because you thought you did...lol.

Costas made a liberal comment so he will be revered and protected I doubt he will be fired

Hank Williams is a red neck right wing extremest so he had to go we cannot have that n TV might scare the kiddies.

JCMS, exactly. I bet matthews got another "tingle" up his leg..... but found out it was just costas` hand.

Nana, it is easier to obtain a firearm illegally than it is to obtain one legally. It is also cheaper. Making laws that violate our Constitutional Rights over any incident is insane. If an SUV being driven by a drunk drivers kills three children, do we make SUVs and alcohol illegal? No. What makes firearms so special? Ignorant liberal morons don’t like them. And if someone does not like something then they ought not buy it.

Anyone know how many people were killed during the Inquisition? Anyone know how many were killed by guns? Handguns are illegal in DC yet many people are killed by them annually. Huh… how does that happen?

If one person wants to kill others, they will find a way… that is fact.

Coastie, I can't argue with you on that, but I still hate that these things happen, and I understand why some people want firearms banned. On the other hand, I'm fully aware that if you take guns away from law-abiding people, you aren't hurting criminals. They'll always have whatever weapons they want.

And not all liberals are ignorant morons. Also, not all ignorant morons are liberals.

I think that was the dumbist comment Bob Costas could have made, he's an idiot. Where he said, if he didn't have access

to a gun we'd have two live people or something to that effect. Even if their were no guns I'm sure he'd have one making

that much money. When there's no guns, only outlaws will have guns.

Now I'm gonna have to go and find it. Here's the link it's only a couple of minutes:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/03/nfl-costas-speech-reaction/1742313/

Costas was still wrong there would not be 2 dead there would be one dead I think he was quite capable of wringing her neck

or throwing her down stairs or crush her with a piece of furniture.

then he could have phoned in his apology and stepped in front of a bus or car took pills crashed his car {he could drive}

I think he is another educated dumbazz lefty all they see is they hate anything we hold dear God they want to take that

But they let there own have all these new age teachings of reincarnation tree and rock worship.

guns they hate us for having them and yet many of them have guns or have armed guards and drug habits

look how many of these rich entertainers like lohan that are still driving and it is obvious to the stupidest person they are

having problems and yet the most deadly object we have they are allowed to have a vehicle and how many times

have they walked on bail on PR bonds and probation I wonder if me or you would be afforded such patients.

why don't they clean up their own back yard these privileged fools have been killing themselves off with drugs

fast cars and deviant ways and even inventing new ways and worst of all suicide.

did he mention that these people are violent? football is not a non violent sport it uses and enforces rage and then

enforces it with money and a lot of it these people are not steroid free that I can see maybe the autopsy will give us

some more insight.

Why don't we outlaw football it only produces violence many children are injured some have died and promotes

money for injuring the other teams members they turned their eyes when steroids were used but we are more interested in

free range chicken in our restaurants and then sit on our azz for hours watching steroid riddled violence junkies get more brain dead from concussions the stupidity of man never ceases to amaze me.

If I have to listen to a computer generated phone message why can't they have computerized sports casters as

they can throw up stats give personal information and their arrest records without favoritism.

have we forgot pen state oh yea football is a great game they covered up for a child molester for how long????

It is time for football to be banished If we are not allowed to be that way in public then why should it be allowed

and people paid to do it all this fake wrestling needs to go too another SpOrT who's day has come.

if I cannot bit@h or tackle or body slam someone at work and all it does is give kids Ideas remember the boy that killed

his another play wrestling and the wrestler that killed his wife and himself these are way too violent and their members are

allowed to get away with way too much.

I always hear "if it would only save one life it would be worth it" well as long as it is not a money making sport that would be true

And my favorite one "we will investigate to insure it will never happen again" now really how true is that, planes still crash

attacks are still happening and the one constant people never learn.

I never liked Bob Costas and lord knows I do like my guns, but I find it troubling how many people with serious mental health issues manage to pass a background check to purchase a firearm. Yes, I know folks who intend to do harm can get their hands on weapons and can make bombs or use a rock or knife, but the fact remains that firearms do a better job than a ginsu knife or a baseball bat when it comes to reckless mayhem. I'm not talking about this Belcher character (I don't know the details), but the pro gun control media does use every opportunity to discredit gun owners every time some whackjob does into a (insert name of business or public venure here) and guns down X number of people in the building. Of course, this takes us to the slippery slope - where do we draw the line and who is to say that a person's right to bear arms shouls be infringed? I don't have the answer, but I know that the folks who want to take away EVERYONE'S right to own firearms have flogged this topic to death. My question, simply, is how do we respond?