Sign in to follow this  
Sherrie

Does anyone else have to keep logging in?

Yep. I have the same issue Sherrie. I compose any message longer that a couple sentances in Word then cut and paste it to a message. That allows me to spell check and stay logged in. Works for me most times unless I start what I think is going to be a short reply and then get wordy! :rolleyes:

At log in, if you tell it to "Remember Me", the website places a cookie and 'Temporary internet File' on your computer.

If you clean your cookies and/or clear 'Temp Inet Files' or do a virus scan. THis login information will be deleted from your computer, forcing you to log back in.

There is no option to Save changes I believe that is not on the login page.

I am on my Ipad.

I never clear my cookies but ever time I log out from here the survival cache forum has a box that tells me cookies are cleared

Check the "remember me" box when you log in. IT's misleadingly labeled but that will keep you logged in till you log out as opposed to the 5 minute inaction automatic logout

Autonomous is correct and that is one of the little things I will be looking at after I resolve the bigger issues, it works but it does look misleading.

However, Sherrie's issue does sound like a cookie issue, but I need to investigate the whole iPad thing which I am not familiar with before I can attempt an answer for you Sherrie.

Sherrie

Check your iPad and see if you have privacy enabled on the device for me.

That's the only issue close to this reported to tech support for this program but the report also stated the iPad would pull up white blank pages, so I suspect I will need to dig deeper.

Also, please don't expect real quick replies from me for a while, I will be checking in but I have a whole lot happening IRW right now. But I will do what I can to find you an answer.

WOW, Dr K30 and everyone I didnt expect this much help at all. Thank you very much.

Whatever advice whenever is just fine.

<3

I dont know where to check for privacy enabled on this thing

I will try to figure that out

Thanks VB, I would have had to go look that up, I haven't gone the iPad route yet as they aren't versatile enough for everything I do.

And Sherrie, yes try turning private browsing off just to try and see if that clears the issue. If you do use your iPad for financial transactions or keep personal information on it then you may want to turn it back on after you do this test.

Next question (and this is for anyone), is there a version of another browser such as Google Chrome that will work on the iPad??

Also, what about updates on the iPad and Safari, are they automatic or is there a setting for that??

(guess I am going to have to get one now just so I can play with it)

Not sure since I really haven't paid that much attention to the firmware, I have a newer version than the spousal unit does. I can't say that I really paid much attention to Safari since the only time I really use it is when we go out of town and I want to check my e-mail...ya ya I know, I can do that with my smart phone, but I can't read the damn things on it...types too small...can read it on the ipad easier.

VB, your not getting old are ya?? LMAO

Like I can talk, I can't see to dial a phone number without glasses anymore! :o

Sherrie, any change to the issue with privacy off??

(sorry guys, been out of town a couple of days and may be going again tomorrow)