Sign in to follow this  
sdstrick

You Tube

So I've noticed that many of the videos I've come across on youtube in regards to EDC and B.O.B. "reviews" some of these guys just go to walmart buy a bag and stuff it with camping stuff that they have never used in the field, much less tested around their yard. I dont knock them for gathering preps, but it bugs me that so many of these "reviewers" just shop at walmart, I just dont truly think their shit would last under heavy use. I have used the current GI folding shovel and broke the end handle while using it as a pick which is bummer I know, but I have dug like 3 fighting positions (for those that dont know its about 1 m-16 length by 1 m-16 width and deep enough to cover the tallest person in you hole, Im 5'9") I carried it over 7 years and used it many times. Can anyone really say the same about the walmart stocked folding shovel? Also yesterday I found a water bottle at a thrift store for .75 cents, a thermos container $1, an 8" pouch .50 cents, and a plastic case .50 cent for a total of $2.75. the bottles alone can cost $5 and $10 respectively in new condition, but there were really clean and metal is smooth and dent free. Im just trying to say these fools on youtube claim to be on a budget buying shit at walmart and not really making there dollar stretch. I also hate Walmart but their stock and prices are very tempting.

7A90A3D1-C046-4223-B7D0-529D6E5E1573-516-000000D3D606D151_zps4fba15ed.jpg

the firing hole is for long term defensive positions, which you shouldn't be bothering with as a surivvalist, anyway. Best stick to darkness, a silencer, and subsonic ammo.  2-4 hits and vanish. repeat as needed.  If you know how to use the E tool, it's far faster to use it like a pick and a hoe, scraping dirt out of a horizontal trench, piling it up, laying behind it, with your head towards the dirtpile. This can be done in a very few minutes in most soils if not  hard- frozen.