Sign in to follow this  
Desert Marine

Howdy from West Texas & Egypt

Howdy Everyone!

Found this forum a few days ago. I'm a U.S Marine Veteran (DS/DS) from the 1st Iraqi war. Living one of my passions and that involveds practicing Herbal Medicine. Not doubt that will be a skill in demand incase the EOTWAWKI or SHTF.

I'm a Certified Master Herbalist and a Certified PADI Dive Master. Currently writing you from my BOL in Egypt. When the weather starts to turn cold this is where you'll find me until about May 2013 on my homestead/farm here. I have a couple of thriving businesses. Heirloom seeds, Rahmani Sheep breeding and selling handmade Sheep Skins. I'm a husband, father, uncle, and friend to many. Looking to retired in about 3 years and spend a great deal of my time enjoying some of the finer things in life world-wide and that includes catching up on a lot of golfing B)

Hoping to receive some lots of benefits from this forum and be of benefit as well. Look out for some of my herbal medicine posts. They just might help you out some day.

Oorah & Semper Fi

Desert Marine

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a lot of experience to share here, and that you are doing something useful with your survival skills right now - that's quite an operation you have going on with your livestock in Egypt. Very impressive! The animals all look healthy (actually beautiful), which makes sense given what you say on your site.

Thanks so much for your service. Look forward to seeing you on the forum!

love everything to do withherbal medicine.

Welcome. You are a great addition.

I have a couple of posts on how to prevent worms when SHTF and

how do we use the clay we find in the ground in a medicinal way without killing the patient with the clays lack of sterility

Any thoughts on those threads would be welcome.

LOL Already putting you to work.

tell me how you came about picking eygpt as your BOL...

Hi Wally, I actually have two BOL. One in the USA (main base) and the one in Egypt. I visited Egypt after leaving the USMC back in 1991 and doing my stunt in Desert Sheild/Desert Storm and absolutely feel in love with this country. I initially stayed here for 3 years and then return back to USA. Got involved with prepping and decided that for me it just might be a good idea to have an alternative BOL outside of the USA for various reasons. That being said I returned back and brought some land in Egypt by the Red Sea and started exporting Heirloom Seeds. From there we decided to export Rahmani sheep/Shami goats back to West Texas seeing that they are a desert breed that could handle the terrain there. We're in a ethnic meat market here so all of the animals are sold by November (expect for the ones we keep for consumption) and we get our bulk load of seeds and return back to the States in time for Heirloom Seed business season. Then the cycle is repeated ;)

There are no taxes for land owners in Egypt. We are expanding our farm there and just purchase additional land about 3 weeks ago. The U.S. Greenback goes a long way there. The weather is absolutely wonderful all year long especially if you love scuba dive or love the water scene. Bartering and doing business in Egypt is a challenge because nothing is fixed price so you have to be on your A-Game just as though you were in Mexico. It's it in a nutshell.

Desert Marine

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to your knowledge of herbal medicine. Im also very interested in members that live in other countries even if only part time to get a better global view of whats going on.

welcome to the group sir. i can't wait to read your posts on herbal medicine! you will be a valueable member on the site!

Woke up this morning ate breakfast and decided to start my DYI Videos on tanning skins and tanning sheepskins in particular. I'll go in detail with videos on the process from beginning to end on making sheepskin rugs, blankets, pillow and shoes. Hope you guys enjoy it.