Sign in to follow this  
101matt

Barter...

Just saw the artical on Bartering posted by Cap.and find it very intersting.I have been in sales all my life,Mom and Dad owned a couple of restaurants in Detroit in the 60s,Mom was the Sales person.Quote"What do you mean your driving down to Ohio with out taking some of my PIE??" Mom was 5 foot2,the man was 6foot UNION trucker,yep she smiled and he said of cource Dot Ill take some..

We have lost the art of the deal,friendleyness,a good product,knowing the need of others without taking advantage.Yes I sold Cars(God forgive me)and was TOLD that I should have burried the customer in debt because they could afford it,and the other Dealers would.Only lasted 8 months there,but I sleep at night.

Again this needs to be learned,barter...sales..a great deal is when both partys get what they NEED..and are willing to trade again with each other or recomend to trade with someone else..

The Name of our Restaurant was"High Neighbor"because Dad worked in the tool and die shops for over 25 years,and there were many in a quarter mile,and Mom made 24 pies a Day, fresh..In my life I have learned 2 things.Product knowledge is the key to succes(yes its from Moores building supply) and to treat others as you would be treated...YOU may NEED something another has..and no this does not mean to give away what you have but to Barter in good faith.

Yes and Amen..ok ,so i need a mechanic can we barter a bit?? Just kidding..lol but proves my point.Even though Ricksconnected and I have never met and we are hundreds of miles apart we could Barter because we have things in Common,and I know i must have something he needs or can help a family member here in WVa..think out of the box...Thanks rick,and if you do have a family member in need message me I get to the VA hospital(you know where) every month..Matt

your a good man indeed matt.

yes bartering is very important. thats the way a lot of things were done

back in the day. mankind has change his ways reguarding barting.

shame really. i like to wheel and deal, but its gotta be a win/win situation.

you screw somebody in need once youve lost them forever and they will have

something you need sooner or later. make no mistake, bartering can also be a

skill set, so get out there and do some trading around folks. it does take practice

to be effective and to deal with the hard arse's.