Sign in to follow this  
awake

The time has come.

Life is indeed crazy. There is an ebb and flow to all things. Beginnings begin and endings end. That is the way of all things. When I became a member of this site there was a feeling.There was a positive feeling of sharing, learning, and exploring. There was a true comradery of sorts. I felt that time on the site was time that I spent well.

Things have changed in the last few months.That feeling has changed for me. It started as I saw several complaints as to how the owners of this site treated its online customers. Then things started to go wrong with the operation of the forum. Functions disappeared. This made it harder follow threats. Then the spamming came along. The mods along with many members did what they could to get the site owners to take action and clean up the site. Still the spam came. Several months pasted without any help on the horizon. It is obvious to me that the owners have the same attitude towards the forum as they do with on line customers. The final straw for me is the fact that we are treated like children and cannot use the edit or delete buttons on our own posts and threads. This may seem a small matter but this forum has seen its better days.

Survival cache is not the first forum to use v-Bulletin software. They are not the first to be spammed. They have just given up on solving the problems. I have neither the time or desire to deal with this level of incompetency anymore. So my time here as come to an end.

I have made a few good friends here. I have learned, shared, grown and laughed. But it is time for me to move on to other endeavors. I hope that the community is able to continue on. I wish you all well.

Godspeed

-awake-

awake, ive learned a ton from you bro. ALWAYS looked forward to reading your posts and your replies. always educational.

alot of the stuff i learned from you came via PM. i guess your opinion alone was good enough on some things.

its hard to believe this forum has undergone so much and lost so many in these last few months. yep losing our delete and edit buttons are a real pisser

indeed. i kinda wonder if those options just arent available to those who are not mods. either case, i honestly feel that SC is losing one of its strongest,

and most educated members. a true loss if there ever was one. i would like to know via PM what forum we might see you on next.

Here, let me hold the door for you so it doesn't hit you and the arse on the way out!!

Awake, your one of the many reasons I signed on here, no I don't always agree with you but you tend to bring up some great points when it comes to survival. But this throwing a pity party, whining and complaining is not being part of the solution here. You already know we are working on things, it takes time, it won't happen over night. While you were writing this dribble and throwing yourself a pity party I was on another forum that is about this particular program, reading and searching for any possible answers. Not because I'm in charge of anything here, but because I am trying my absolute best to be a positive part of the solution.

They could take that moderator thing out from under my name right now and it wouldn't bother me, I would still be doing what I can to help and be a positive part of this place. I want nothing for what I do here other than for this site to be the best it can be, but that's just me and this site is something I believe in, which is good because i quit believing in Santa and the Beaver a long long time ago. LoL

So if you want to leave, then by God just go, no one is holding you hostage.

If you want to be a drama queen and throw yourself pity parties go find yourself a nice site for that sort of dribble and keep it away from here. This site is about survival, not giving up and crying in your beer about it.

As I said, I'm happy to help, so let me hold the door for ya if that's all I can do. Or if you want to man up and stick around then can the crap. :P

The decision is yours and I will still respect you and your past contributions to this site either way.

Good luck awake. Your one of the few people that really helped me out with advice. Its disturbing to me how many of the long standing members are leaving. You were a valuble source of information. I hope you change your mind about leaving. Even though this site has had its probs, Im proud to be a part of it.

Awake - If you're still reading.... I mean no disrespect but I think you need to wake up, mate. Your arguments seem pretty weak to me insofar as return on investment, if you will. You contribute alot to folks here, myself included, and I bet you get just as much from it. If the things you cite are all that's bugging you I'd hate to think how you'd feel or how you'd react if the S really HTF. I think there's a bigger picture here you aren't seeing. But if you feel strongly and decide to leave, see ya. Along the lines as someone else on here says frequently, just my humble opinion.

Elvis has left the building guys.

No, Elvis is still lurking around to see how his pity party is going.

And Jumbo, I said the same thing to him in another drama queen thread. He would rather stand there and play with the light switch after the grid is gone than adapt to the situation at hand.

absolute power corrupts absolutely. i think for a moderator your acting like a bit of a dickhead. this kind of thing never used to happen here. people are entitled to any opinion they want and dont need people who abuse their power telling them their opinion is wrong. you are supposed to stop this kind of thing from happening not doing it yourself. you should be stripped and banned.

Say what you will but awake had better input than you ever had and never treated anyone the way you are. You are wrong and I dont like you.

now im done.

Here, let me hold the door for you so it doesn't hit you and the arse on the way out!!

Awake, your one of the many reasons I signed on here, no I don't always agree with you but you tend to bring up some great points when it comes to survival. But this throwing a pity party, whining and complaining is not being part of the solution here. You already know we are working on things, it takes time, it won't happen over night. While you were writing this dribble and throwing yourself a pity party I was on another forum that is about this particular program, reading and searching for any possible answers. Not because I'm in charge of anything here, but because I am trying my absolute best to be a positive part of the solution.

They could take that moderator thing out from under my name right now and it wouldn't bother me, I would still be doing what I can to help and be a positive part of this place. I want nothing for what I do here other than for this site to be the best it can be, but that's just me and this site is something I believe in, which is good because i quit believing in Santa and the Beaver a long long time ago. LoL

So if you want to leave, then by God just go, no one is holding you hostage.

If you want to be a drama queen and throw yourself pity parties go find yourself a nice site for that sort of dribble and keep it away from here. This site is about survival, not giving up and crying in your beer about it.

As I said, I'm happy to help, so let me hold the door for ya if that's all I can do. Or if you want to man up and stick around then can the crap. :P

The decision is yours and I will still respect you and your past contributions to this site either way.

I am by no means The most diplomatic person on this forum in fact I can be down right confrontational. Some of that is me I am naturally aggressive and some of that is 21 years of military service in three branches of the armed forces 19 of those years I have been a Non-Commissioned Officer in my early and midterm years I voluteered to go where angels fear to tread and do what would make most people avert their eyes, ears, and other senses to and believe its not real, but I have never double talked to anyone I dealt with. First of all I do take exception to the way you are talking to Awake he was here and contributing long before your very recent arrival sir. Nothing in Awakes post was aimed at or for you it was for all his online SC friends to explain himself and his decision which is polite and respectful and yes he is gone so your little rant above was a day late and a dollar short. While most of us have gotten near the line of disrespect we have either backed down on our own and excepted responsibility for it or recieved a friendly nudge from Capt Bart to wake the near offenders up that being said, never, since I have been here as a member or the year previous while I was down range lurking has a MOD been the offender. Last time I checked your job was to keep the forum civil and the spam at bay not to " hold the door for you so it doesn't hit you and the arse on the way out!!" to a senior member. With all do respect to you, you, are a Johny come lately and while your aid to Capt Bart as a Mod is appreciated your perception that your the Top Dog is not accurate, yes I saw your comments about the delete and edit buttons and your responses to Awake about them which is part of his reason for leaving I will also say this and not for just for myself I have been talking with several other members on my private email and they are also headed toward exodus and your recent comments since becoming a Mod are adding to this. I will tell you that If these individuals leave there will not be much of a forum left at SC I am sorry if you do not like what I am saying but it is truth and this is as polite as I can be. I highly recommend you step back reread recent posts, dealings with the members and your responses to them and reconsider how your dealing with things because Awake is not the only member you have minimized or had questionable responses to. As a Mod you have a greater responsibility to be professional. So we are clear I am holding nothing personal just my views and a friendly heads up.

Now wait just one brief second, I have every right to my opinion just as you do. You don't have to agree with it, and I don't have to agree with you. My power here as you put it is pretty much limited to keeping the place free of spam and that's it!! I'm just another guy posting just as you are, I just happen to have a broom and dust pan and that's about the jest of it.

Now, if you want to attack me based on that, go for it, I don't care, but get your facts straight. LMAO