Sign in to follow this  
Rapture333

Walmart Shoppers Fight Over Cell Phones On Black Friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O6IMYSSs7c&feature=player_embedded#!

Well guys, check out this video of WalMart shoppers fighting over discounted phones on Black Friday. In the current world of luxuries and abundance, with food on the shelves, electricity in our homes and running water in our communities, masses of people when faced with discounted electronics turn absolutely primal. Ignore the title of the video, just watch. Could you imagine what would come of these people in a real disaster? How far would people be willing to in such an event. I believe in a country like ours, where the standard of living is very high, if things were to suddenly go South people would be far more psychologically impacted then people living in worst off conditions. Like those in third world countries or other questions where people struggle to survive regardless. I believe after a societal meltdown, whether caused my economic collapse, natural catastrophy or what have you, we will see a lot more of this except in the confines of a super market or gas station and only far worse.

Autonomous Your spot on:

Air Jordans LMAO anyone who fights over that and not what our world is coming too is a BIG 0 moron and a dumbazz.

I have the feeling that something bad will happen and it will cause interruption of power communications and money because

these are the peoples gods now.

They will kill each other for a pair of shoes or a jacket have no respect for anyone or anything narcissistic self promoters {look at me LOOK at me}.

Sweet Lord what kind of freaks are parents raising raping children robbing and raping 80 year olds????? in wheel chairs, murdering their own children.

snorting bath salts some times I wonder if I am the only sane person on the planet.

BUT then in here there seems to be people who like me consider this the signal of some coming disaster. and I don't think its December 12 2012 either

it could happen any time but i think it will be a while off and I hope people do not take the Y2K view and say look it didn't happen and quit prepping.

because it's coming it is only a matter of time...IMHO

SO today after watching that video, the wife and I went on a shopping to Costco and Home Depot.

While in Costco i was looking at all the 5acres of nothing but FOOD, drinks, and dry goods...remembering that video and thinking, it doesnt matter what kind of 'personal protection' you have. THere is no defending against a crazed MOB like that! Not without a MediEvil castle, a moat, and rocket launchers. I doubt anyone would be able to outrun a mob like that. You heard sirens in the background and some people 'looked' but NO ONE stopped. THe only way to avoid a mob like that ... is to not be in a area like THAT in the first place.

JMO

Im still comprehending that video

SOme 'elders' that i know like to say that "People are people, it doesnt matter where you are"

I have to disagree with this statement. STRONGLY disagree

Plz understand my background on this topic and many here can relate:

Im 35, born and raised in redneck rural KY, until i left for the Navy(Norfolk, Va. Gator Fleet)... traveling and seeing the world, dealing with good and bad people

Married and LIVED in Malaysia for 1 1/2 years (totally different world over there.. many people have NO F* idea). Moved to F* Detroit of all places in 2005. Ive known and associated with incarcerated people.

Im not a foot soldier so cant speak wisely about that stuff.

I've dealt with just about every type of 'person' you can imagine

IN the NEWS.. whenever disaster strikes a MAJOR METROPOLITAN area, you ALWAYS hear stories about stores being raided and general chaos prompted by X impending doom.

When i was young, a MAJOR snow and Ice storm hit my corner of KY. It just so happens that this same weekend, I had planned to go Deer hunting with a friend in Illinois. We still went hunting and was successful, but we were snowed in and isolated for nearly a week before i could get home. I think this was 1994, i was driving and in highschool at the time. The ONLY thing i remember hearing about poeple preping for the COMING STORM (it had already flattened indiana and northern Ill) was just local news talking about being SOLD OUT of batteries , water and Gasoline. But no mention of CHAOTIC MAD RUSH on the Walmart.

ABout 10years later, the area AGAIN got FLATTENED by a ICE storm, not much snow. POWer was out for at LEAST a week for the WHOLE Jackson Purchase area. SOme areas more rural were out almost a month. But were people going crazy? No. Were people getting trampled for a case of water? no.

THis rural region is comprised of simple country folk. Farmers, teachers, various construction and railroad union workers. I'd say 80% of which know the basic of gardening and canning, hunting, construction, auto mechanics. That sort of thing is just the way it is in rural areas. THats the CONTRAST of people living in a dense City vs. rural. Rural folk DONT NEED to rush the Walmart because they probably have several months (at least) of food stores in the pantry, Rural areas have WELLS, not dependent on City water supply. Power yes. But being country folk.. someone CLOSE has a generator hooked to the Well water pump. Country folk are much more likely to communicate with nieghbors. even if its only small talk. Living in the Detroit... i dont, nor do i know of anyone who is 'friendly' with thier neighbor. THere are too many unknow variables in establishing a relationship with your Inner city nieghbors. you simply dont know who the F* they are or who THEY associate with. You DONT know if they are someone you should be sharing ANY personal info with. Its part of the 'being grey' thing as well. Simply put, country folk are more likely to help each other out and/or show compassion.

Unfortunately, my behavior(since of being grey) is so acclimated to urbania that i dont know if ill even 'fit in' to a rural community. But damit if I aint goina try!!

couldn't agree with you more!! i was born and raised 3miles up a hollow in west virginia, very hard times in the winter, folks would hitch up the horses to the sled just to get to the store, they would stop by one anothers houses and ask if they needed anything,take the money and go to the store and bring back your groceries AND your change! no trampling,fighting. country folk are truely one of a kind!

All these "smart" gadgets have done is to dumb us down and has made us rely on them. The only people who have gotten smarter are the ones who designed and made these phones and tablets while the rest of the population uses them in place of their own brains.

And thats why I do not go to BLACK Friday or public events events too many stupid people.

this... they say there is a thin line between civilized and barbarism and this is that line being crossed.

this is also why being well armed for when the SHTf goes down you might need to mow animals like those down

Bamaman, I wish there was a "like" button on this site...lol.

I even seen somewhere (can't remember what site) that 1 Walmart had a riot over towels!!!! That's just the bacteria being allowed to remain in the gene pool. Almost need an event just to chlorinate the gene pool of all these amoebas.

Now wardog, why did you have to go an insult animals like that? We already have a thread on the peta terrorists...lmao.... now they'll be looking for us.

sorry i apologize to all the small rodents out there who are above these barbarians..better? :)

This is what happens when liberal America convinces people that equality is about receiving everything you want versus what you have earned or actually need.

AFingMen

thank you progressives for regressing us back to primitive behaviors

Interesting .... country folks are used to taking care of themselves so they do and survive. City folks are used to someone else taking care of them; when they don't, they panic and die. It really is just that simple.

Just my not so humble opinion.

Bamaman, I wish there was a "like" button on this site...lol.

I even seen somewhere (can't remember what site) that 1 Walmart had a riot over towels!!!! That's just the bacteria being allowed to remain in the gene pool. Almost need an event just to chlorinate the gene pool of all these amoebas.

Wal Mart(s) on Black Friday has them all gathered up at once too. . . .