Sign in to follow this  
esdadad3

Greetings

Hello from the Windy City! I am the current Deputy Director for my town's ESDA. I am a Veteran of the US Army and currently work full time for a Security Contractor in the Downtown (Loop) area. Always have had a quiet interest in 'Survival Skills' and have recently began to refine my interest in the Prep area. Since I do this semi-professionally, good to walk the walk as well as talk the talk.B)

It is good to have you aboard on the forum esdadad3! Sounds like you already have a fine background.

ESDA is Emergency Service Disaster Agency in Illinois I believe. Correct me if I am wrong. I look forward to your participation. We have quite a varied group and were even recently talking about bigfoot in a jacuzzi! Although I am not sure how we got there on a survival forum! :o

Does keep things interesting though!

It's great to see someone from ESDA dive in here. Prepping isn't just for those who believe the world will end as we know it soon, it's just as much about being ready for a storm or flood. I think Sandy showed a lot of folks the 3 days of supplies recommended by some government agencies isn't anywhere near enough, and government response will never be as adequate as being truly prepared and having a viable plan to keep you and your family safe. Sure we have Jacuzzi for bigfoot, but there's a lot of truly valuable information here to.

So welcome aboard!!!

Welcome! Sounds like you'll be likely to have some practical experience and advice to offer, which is always a good thing. I'm sure the folks in the Urban Survival topic will be thrilled to learn from you, and who knows, they may bring up ideas or concerns that help you, too! Hope to see you around on the board.

Welcome esdadad.

Hope you can shed some lite on how "Emergency Service Disaster Agency"handles storms(coming off the Lakes) and other emergency's.

For a large city it has to be different,and a lot of Patience dealing with a crowd's..

jmo..lol

Oh Sugar we do that here in WV..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DZj5RePMKA

if you get a chance look at Snow Shoe WV..There is a reason they call it "Snow shoe"..lo

WOW Matt! Thanks for that clip. I have been in many B747 flight decks for take offs and landings to name a few

and I always thought the 747 was the most exciting but I have to say... that Ultralite clip sold me. I could feel the

exhiliration of the take off and it almost feels like you have to work with sheer willpower to keep the thing airborne

(which of course keeps the excitement and adrenalin level up)