Sign in to follow this  
Rod

Planning a Meet

Meeting Ideas  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Meeting Ideas

• Would you like training/seminars available at meeting?
    • Would you like just an informal gathering of "family"?
    • Would you like a few training items/contests to be included in an informal gathering?

You folks ever think about getting together for a regional campout?

I sure would like to meet a bunch of you face-to-face, trade stories and get to know you better. Maybe a long weekend campout at a neutral site like a state park. No weapons just BS (that should be deadly enough).

We could consider it a "training exercise" and cook over a campfire and tell lies, I mean stories....

I know I really enjoy astronomy meets and fly-ins. Since we all share a common interest I thought I would chum the waters, so to speak.

would be fun. we could sit around and see who can start fires the fastest with primitive means kill and eat our own dinners and freeze our butts off i mean sleep under the stars. :)

no really that would be cool even though it will more of an undertaking than you think with everyone's busy schedules and stuff

OH HECK YES....Im IN ....................................

Time and place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plenty of State camp grounds around/I will bring some Mt.Mist..you betcha...reg5 is in charge of security...keep him in the woods.. LOL

So we play this like one of Coastie's generous gifts and everyone who would be interested say "IN" and where they think an ideal location (general area like Sig used) would be. Also, whether we would want family or just alone/couples.

I'm centralized, so can make it to several locations.

Oh yeah, IN.

I'd love that!!! Except I'd hate to be the guy that didn't bring enough or the right supplies and have to bum off someone. lol. And I'm sure I'd be that guy.

I got you covered..!!

Most will have More than enough.lol

Indiana is a bit far for me but doable. Western PA, Ohio or West Virginia is also good.

Bringing family on a campout is actually good practice. So I am okay with that.

I would suggest April or May at the earliest. I am fine with the middle of winter but a lot of folks would find that uncomfortable at best. April or May would be cool at night but warmer during the day. That and the parks might not have opened for the season if it is earlier.

I was thinking arrival Friday afternoon and departing Sunday morning.

Reg,

You took the words out of my mouth regionals woul probably work better I know in my region their is Wally , OC, myself , Sherrie and those in north Cali baybe central cali if we go that route oregon would be the best meet up location otherwise we are loaded with state and national park and local to me I have a camping area with a weapons range from bow to sniper rifles

Reg,

You took the words out of my mouth regionals woul probably work better I know in my region their is Wally , OC, myself , Sherrie and those in north Cali baybe central cali if we go that route oregon would be the best meet up location otherwise we are loaded with state and national park and local to me I have a camping area with a weapons range from bow to sniper rifles

I have a sense of who most of you are and think highly of many of you I cannot see where it would be advantageous though for myself

I figure I will not last long in the tooth and have a few health problems that would probably only shorten my life after major disaster.

my only reason for being here is to impart some knowledge if I can to those who are interested in those things I have some experience in.

Sounds like a great idea.

Oregon is so pretty or calif. Would this be full on camping as in a t ent?

LOL!

I am so tent dysfunctional. Going to try and see about buying a sleeping bag with the little head enclosure so I dont need to worry

about a tent. Bivy I do believe they are called. Have been spending so much trying to catch upw ith you guys I cant afford it right

now.

Regional gigs sounds like the best way for me... although I have been known to drive across the country for an event.

For me personally, anywhere in Oregon, Nor-Cal, or Washington is good with me.

For those of you on the other coast, may I suggest "Cooper's Lake." https://www.cooperslake.com/home/index.php

Its not "back woods," but it is easy to get to from just about anywhere on the East Coast. Exit 99 on I-79 in Western PA.

I've been there a number of times and they are good folk.

Reg,

i agree oregon would be the place to meet...but your weapons range sounds cool enough i'd go there too...