Sign in to follow this  
Rod

Planning a Meet

Meeting Ideas  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Meeting Ideas

• Would you like training/seminars available at meeting?
    • Would you like just an informal gathering of "family"?
    • Would you like a few training items/contests to be included in an informal gathering?

i agree oregon would be the place to meet...but your weapons range sounds cool enough i'd go there too...

Oregon has some weird weapon laws like "no crossbows" on public land. Oregon also does not honor any other states' concealed carry permits. Only two counties that I have heard of will process Oregon permits for non residents.

By those standards Nor-Cal is out unless you have all compliant items. Washington is pretty dang liberal when it comes to weapons and target shooting and the like. They also recognize the permits of: Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah.

I have a sense of who most of you are and think highly of many of you I cannot see where it would be advantageous though for myself

I figure I will not last long in the tooth and have a few health problems that would probably only shorten my life after major disaster.

my only reason for being here is to impart some knowledge if I can to those who are interested in those things I have some experience in.

I wouldn't mind sitting at your feet and learning a few things...

Well west coasters looks like it is between Oregon and Washington what say you and when . Wally that range is a few miles south of me just off I-5 about a mile and a half it is a favorite for the serious mil types lot of SF, Rangers and Snipers and almost all preppers the sites management and owners are preppers also so I am pretty sure they would be amenable to hosting our group but I can double check next week just in case thats what the majority want.

Rod ..camp ground looks good.about 8 hour drive for me..

I Like the Reginal Idea!

Wv.Tennessee ,Kentucky,Virginia,Georga,North Carolina,South Carolina,

Here is a Map of camping areas..

http://freecampsites.net/attribute/states/tn/

somebody local should be able to find a spot.

JMO..and Im will to go "where ever" lol

Edited by 101matt

JCMS, The meeting would definitely be better with you there sharing your theories and stories tho. If we were at the same event, I'd even do a shot, liver be darned...lol.

The meeting should be as much about friendship and sharing as it is about prepping, IMO. I wouldn't want everything I do to revolve around something that MAY happen (Ok, I know the laws of probability are in favor of it happening).

Ok, while talking to a wise and trusted member, an idea was hatched.... it would/will take some thought and planning but we are used to planning....

Depending on where all the meets would take place and the timing, we could arrange for some contests. I know fire starting was mentioned. I would like to incorporate some team events, where we would have to team up with People we know from the site and not People we train/practice with all the time. This has a two fold purpose besides the normal team building skill; 1) we probably will be forced to work with People we barely know if at all after an event and 2) it will strengthen bonds of our scattered family. This would be an event like a "scavenger/land nav" contest.

I'm also contacting some first aid instructors to see if they would be interested and willing to participate in helping us learn.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

If this were in Oregon I would drive down there. Would everyone bring their BOB bag?

I might as well tell you now. I have only camped once when I was in my first year of marriage and it didnt go well. I had to drag him kicking and screaming. *he was a four star hotel kind of guy* It was the first and last time I got to go camping, although I would love to. Would we be staying at a site that had cabins or how would it work? Would I bring a tent?

Sorry this probably sounds insane. You guys have probably done all this before. LOL! sorry

This would be an event like a "scavenger/land nav" contest.

Ok I can go for this!!

So anyone in the "Southern Region" want to contact me Im open.

Even if it is a one on one at a local camp ground!

The need to have others that you KNOW and trust is Very important,Especially NOW...If and when TSHTF we may need to gather and help each other,just think about Re Building,Information sharing,Trading!!!

I have a LONG view..and I do like to camp/exchange Ides with those of the same Mind set.

B Matt

I am unlucky enough to be in Massachusetts. People that respect honor and liberty are not usually allowed here. And I can’t drive 1500 miles for a meeting so, if you’re not going to have it somewhere in the north east, I am out. I need an updated passport to visit ‘free’ Amerika. :)

Traveling is kind of hard for me these days but if the midwest one works out I'll let you know if i'm in a few hours before take off lol. A few things...

Rule number one. I AM NOT SHARING A TENT WITH REG...you know why sir.

I have a strange feeling this is going to turn into the new "Burning man"

Tinder, I'll be bringing my wife to share the tent. I figured on putting you in the kids' tent so they could chapperone you....lol.

As for the Midwest, we will NOT meet in Illinois. Why should we spend money and add tax dollars to a communist cess pool that doesn't recognize our Rights?

As I said, if timing and work allow it, I'll travel some for the camp outs. We probably should try and figure "regions" that fit our locales. We have the Northwest I think figured out and they have a good plan in motion.

Coastie, is PA to far to travel for you?

Some other general locations, Wisconsin for the upper Great Lakes/Midwest, Alabama or Georgia for the Southeast, Texas has their own population here..lol.

Any other ideas? Even my wife says it sounds good.... so now I'm scared....lmao.

JCMS, The meeting would definitely be better with you there sharing your theories and stories tho. If we were at the same event, I'd even do a shot, liver be darned...lol.

The meeting should be as much about friendship and sharing as it is about prepping, IMO. I wouldn't want everything I do to revolve around something that MAY happen (Ok, I know the laws of probability are in favor of it happening).

LMAO I would have to say I would do a shot too but probably play hell with the pain meds

LMAO I would have to say I would do a shot too but probably play hell with the pain meds

I'd play hell for the next week while my liver reminded me why I wasn't supposed to drink any more....lol. But hell, might as well die young(er) and leave an uglier corpse....lmao

I wouldn't mind sitting at your feet and learning a few things...

well If there's anything PM me and I will do my best to answer and I think I get quite a bit out of everyones posts and it keeps me engaged

I enjoy being in the fold here....I really like the conversations and cross talk it is too bad that we all can't meet at the local coffee shop.

of course that would only be the brewing of a secondary front the "COFFEE PARTY" INSTEAD OF THE TEA PARTY..............