How Does This BOB Stack Up?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How Does This BOB Stack Up?

• Quality of images
    • Explanation of contents and use
    • Organization and weight
    • Practicality of overall Bag contents
    • Creativity
    • This is the best BOB entry of the group!

Howdy! Thank you for taking the time to look at my pack and giving me suggestions.

:)

I wish I'd talked more about the molle pack. My mail is forwarded and it's in transit(I hope) but basically I'm using the side pack as a general emergency/hiking/get home bag, and the molle assault pack is the extension to a 3 day setup.

The molle pack is for water, food, clothes, night vision(indulge me) and a little more ammo, maybe a 9mm pistol if I have access to one. I've got winter hiking socks and another pair of white socks till I get some summer ones. For clothes, I'm getting a cotton/polyester thermal top and pants (each is around a pound), lightweight hiking waterproofish shirt and convertable shorts/pants from REI, gloves, and a longsleeve workshirt.

Clothes weigh a ton, so if I should have time I want to change out of my bluejeans/tshirt ensemble and put on the outrageously priced space fabric hiking gear. That stuff is bomb. I also keep a jacket in the trunk of my car and my work boots(light and comfortable for hiking) with the pack.

I'll dump any clothing I don't need asap, as well as the 9mm ammo if I don't have one with me.

I'm trying to keep the pack down to around 25 pounds or so. I've got a case of water in the trunk, so I'll put as much in there as I think I can carry and fill the aluminum bottle up(should I have time).

I want to have half a dozen MREs or so in the pack, and the cool thing is if I have to I can just molle an extender pack to the outside if I need more room.

Even if I run a little heavy(water is 2lbs/qt, and you need 3 per day) I'm not super worried about it, as food and water will get used up quick.

There's just no way around it, if I want to bring enough food/water for 3 days, I'm looking at 18 lbs of water plus food, which is just under 2lbs/MRE.

I gotta save every bit that I can.

Oh! and speaking of which, good idea about the face masks. I'll add one to the side pack. I keep a full face respirator in the trunk, I'll put it in the molle pack when I get it. It won't filter NBC but its good enough for commercial car painting, so it'll be OK for about anything I need it for.

Just in case I need to paint a car as I bug out :)

One more day until we find out who is...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................THE KING (OR QUEEN..for some of you guys out there...)

you mentioned having braces, i found this article awhile back, thought you might find it handy

http://www.survivalblog.com/2010/05/two_letters_re_removing_orthod.html

if TSHTF you might not still have your braces but if so i think i would take crooked teeth over having to deal with them day to day

sorry that was for socal, forgot to put that in there

hey thanks for the link and thinking of me! my phone isnt cooperating so ill be short but i saved the link cuz you never know and the thought has crossed my mind! ive paid off my ortho so naturally things will collapse now ;-)

i used wire cutters on them last year-not recommended unless an emergency

only 12 more months :-D

So the final numbers are:

LonsterMonster: 41 (3rd Place)

socalocalypse: 30

tinderwolf: 14

Ruggedbrave: 12

Canteen81: 38

Mike Uher: 13

Slave0fgwar: 10

devildog: 62 (1st Place)

ronincards: 09

ZombieKillTeam: 54 (2nd Place)

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the 2011 BOB Competition. We'll try and do another one in 2012. To the top 3 who got the most overall votes, you will be contacted this month with the information you need to claim your prizes (and the information we need from you as well). To everyone else, we'll make sure you receive some benefits as well since you all did a fantastic job and helped everyone along in their prepping and learning about how a functional Bug-Out-Bag should be configured.

Thanks!

The SurvivalCache Team

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Topics

• HELLO! WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI WORLD RICHES. Are you a business Man, politician, musical, student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Illuminati brotherhood, and receive a monthly salary of $500,000 USD. We are ready to change your life, we can make your Dreams come true, also we are going to give you everything that you need in this Life .... *Riches  *Power *Famous *Wealth  With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish,So have you make up your mind that you want to join the great Illuminati brotherhood to become rich and famous in life population and also you will be protected from all evils against you and your family.
      If you're really ready to be a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood then contact us via WhatsApp:  +1 315 203 9948 or our official Email: {officialilluminati999@gmail.com} Visits our Websites for more info: https://illuminatiofficial666world.wordpress.com

• HELLO! WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI WORLD RICHES. Are you a business Man, politician, musical, student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Illuminati brotherhood, and receive a monthly salary of $500,000 USD. We are ready to change your life, we can make your Dreams come true, also we are going to give you everything that you need in this Life .... *Riches  *Power *Famous *Wealth  With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish,So have you make up your mind that you want to join the great Illuminati brotherhood to become rich and famous in life population and also you will be protected from all evils against you and your family.
      If you're really ready to be a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood then contact us via WhatsApp:  +1 315 203 9948 or our official Email: {officialilluminati999@gmail.com} Visits our Websites for more info: https://illuminatiofficial666world.wordpress.com

• INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,,  I GOT SOMETHING NEW
      Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months! See how it works
      Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
      Make up you mind before applying, straight deal... Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
      via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that  can be use to hack ATM
      machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
      stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
      buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
      and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
      you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
      services, we are here for you anytime any day. Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS: Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
      Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
      Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
      Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
      Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!! The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
      email address:: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com} Visit our Website for more Info: https://automatictellers.webs.com
      ®
      Make up you mind before applying, straight deal... Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us

services, we are here for you anytime any day. Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS: Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
      Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!! The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
      email address:: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com} Visit our Website for more Info: https://automatictellers.webs.com
      ®

®