How Does This BOB Stack Up?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How Does This BOB Stack Up?

• Quality of images
    • Explanation of contents and use
    • Organization and weight
    • Practicality of overall Bag contents
    • Creativity
    • This is the best BOB entry of the group!

You know what, this is probably the best thread ever. We get to see what others have put together, and then salivate over what others did versus our own (meaning, "Holy ----, I like what they did. That is awesome!!") Fun to see what others are doing, and then, stealing ideas from others experience, or insight. If you don't like the term stealing, then instead substitute the word, "incorporating." i have seen some I would like to incorporate already (though I wont for the competition, that would be cheap cheap very cheap.) Still, fun to read. ;)

I'm a medical doctor (MD) currently completing my last year of family medicine residency. I have areas of interest in emergency medicine, obstetrics, and preventive care.

Very nice, thank you for specifying. I was just curious as some of your items seemed a bit advanced for the skill level of most of our forum members, no offense to them. I am sure you have some experience with people who buy full on surgical kits and things like OPAs, but have no training.

Lonster - Rick made a good suggestion, everyones got these fancy medical kits but does anyon know how to use them. I happened to be lucky, my father was a Detective in the NYPD Bomb Squad for 20 years he was trained in Emergency Preparation which rolled over to me. Ive sewn up a few of my friends over the years. real clean lines too. I shoulda been a surgeon. lol.

Lonster - Really cool bag, good luck with the last year of your residency man. My girl has to start hers in 9 months. She's super stressed out about it but happy to do it.

As always these things are never really done and we are always tinkering with them, making them better for when they need to be used. There are two bags here because I have a family, so one I carry and the other one is for my wife. The bulk of these items go in my bag.[ATTACH=CONFIG]226

[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]227

[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]228[/ATTACH]

Homemade first aid kit, general stuff,hand sanitizer, antibacterial soap, rubber gloves,etc

gerber multi tool

two compasses

15 glow sticks

two rock river flashlights

Storm proof matches

lil sparkie

four lighters

vulcan fire piston

magniesum block

ferrorcium rod

ziploc bags of lint

fire starting blocks

two 15 minute flares

fire striker on paracord lanyard

collaspable shovel

Bear grylls ultimate survival knife

Winchester bowie

Gerber LMF II

Gerber Parafram folder

Mora fixed blade

Machete

couple hundred feet of paracord

Gorilla tape

Electrical tape

Brightly colored marking tape

Steel cup

Playing cards

Notebook, pen, pencil, sharpie

Knife sharpener

Four Mayday 2400 calorie bars

Chapstick

Orange ponchos

E blankets

extra set of clothes

two sets of gloves

pick utensils

swimming goggles

insect net

Mesh laundry bag

fanny pack that fits inside of bob

water proof matches

magnifying glass

three dust masks

Decoy string

two rat traps

post-1196-1385149773208_thumb.jpg

post-1196-13851497732472_thumb.jpg

post-1196-13851497732976_thumb.jpg

As always these things are never really done and we are always tinkering with them, making them better for when they need to be used. There are two bags here because I have a family, so one I carry and the other one is for my wife. The bulk of these items go in my bag.[ATTACH=CONFIG]226

[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]227

[/ATTACH]post-1196-13851497675823_thumb.jpg

Homemade first aid kit, general stuff,hand sanitizer, antibacterial soap, rubber gloves,etc

gerber multi tool

two compasses

15 glow sticks

two rock river flashlights

Storm proof matches

lil sparkie

four lighters

vulcan fire piston

magniesum block

ferrorcium rod

ziploc bags of lint

fire starting blocks

two 15 minute flares

fire striker on paracord lanyard

collaspable shovel

Bear grylls ultimate survival knife

Winchester bowie

Gerber LMF II

Gerber Parafram folder

Mora fixed blade

Machete

couple hundred feet of paracord

Gorilla tape

Electrical tape

Brightly colored marking tape

Steel cup

Playing cards

Notebook, pen, pencil, sharpie

Knife sharpener

Four Mayday 2400 calorie bars

Chapstick

Orange ponchos

E blankets

extra set of clothes

two sets of gloves

pick utensils

swimming goggles

insect net

Mesh laundry bag

fanny pack that fits inside of bob

water proof matches

magnifying glass

three dust masks

Decoy string

two rat traps

post-1196-13851497674888_thumb.jpg

post-1196-13851497675306_thumb.jpg

Edited by tinderwolf

[ATTACH=CONFIG]232[/ATTACH]

Sorry but this picture didn't make it with the original group and for some reason the originals got messed up in the post, sorry for the screw up guys....guess i'll be coming in last place now!

You can go back and edit your post to include the pictures that you missed.

ah devildog I was waitng for someone to say something. First off I like knives. One of the oldest best tools of man. Second they don't run out of bullets. Third it is the first, most baisc, most versitle, most important tool in your BOB and I would hate to be up S&*^ creek without a paddle if my knife broke or got lost. They take up very little room so why not.

ah devildog I was waitng for someone to say something. First off I like knives. One of the oldest best tools of man. Second they don't run out of bullets. Third it is the first, most baisc, most versitle, most important tool in your BOB and I would hate to be up S&*^ creek without a paddle if my knife broke or got lost. They take up very little room so why not.

I also have several knives in my gear, but only one for each bag. I probably should have more, since I can't seem to sharpen a knife very well, no matter what I do. And I agree with you on the importance of having a good knife!

One easy and cheap way to sharpen a life is to use a little pocket sharpener by Smith's. It has a carbide and a ceramic v shape sharpener as well as a foldout rod sharpener for serrations and hooks and the thing only costs like ten bucks. I've used it for quite a while and have always had good luck with it.

I will have to look into one of those tinder, and i agree that a knife is stupid versatile. i have the one on my belt, and at least two more that would go with in an emergency. I have a Kabar i split firewood with when in Norway during a cold weather training exercise.

I would like to see the weight of everyone's bag. The easiest way so you don't have to get a fancy scale is weight your self and then weigh yourself with the bag on and with rifle in hand and everything else your lugging along. Honor system to accurately report.