How Does This BOB Stack Up?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How Does This BOB Stack Up?

• Quality of images
    • Explanation of contents and use
    • Organization and weight
    • Practicality of overall Bag contents
    • Creativity
    • This is the best BOB entry of the group!

Hi all! A friend of mine told me to check out this contest and now I'm digging the website. Here's my entry. I'm in so cal, and my bag is designed with the idea of a get home bag in case of unrest. It doubles as a general emergency bag, kept in the trunk of my car.

I still need to get things, like pepper spray, a compass, waterproof paper and spacey pen, water tablets, and don't laugh, inflatable neck pillow and eye cover, quickclot, carey and co. knot cards,filter straw, glacier gel blister and burn dressing, lockpicks, etc.

I'm also adding a Mollie II assault pack with some bulkier items like MREs, emergency bars, blanket, water, and some extra clothes.

My philosophy is that since it's less obtusive, I'm more likely to grab the fake-maxpedition bag by UTG and have it with me when I need it. I also like that all the things I'm likely to need are at hand, rather than having to remove a backpack to reach them. Things like a discreet holster pocket that I'm getting pepper spray for, but which could hold subcompact or compact pistols. (FYI I twisted off the zipper pulls as they're noisy and put paracord on instead)(the Maxpedition bag lacks mollie straps on the bottom or the drawstring closure like a sack for the main compartment. The Max is definitely made better, but this fit the bill for me)

I should mention I go nuts with the grip tape becuase it adheres and reseals so well. I use it on all bottles to keep them from coming open, on my carabiners to silence them, on my flahlight to stop it from accidentally turning on with a twist, and anywhere else I possibly can, evidentally. I may have to paracord the waterbottle to the pack to hold it still, but I'll worry about that when the time comes. Same with paracording the bag to my belt to stop movement, or using the velcro straps on the back side of it.

post-1371-13851497639218_thumb.jpg

Holster Compartment Contents:(one pic from Amazon because I forgot to get a shot of it)

post-1371-13851497640031_thumb.jpg

I will carry pepper spray in CA legal 2.5oz size. I also have 50 rds of 9mm boxed and silenced with gun swabs, and 18 rds of .22 covered in grip tape to silence them.

Main Compartment Contents:

post-1371-13851497640452_thumb.jpg 2011-12-01184655.jpg

front pocket 20 pk of wet ones aka buttwipe

rear pocket am/fm radio, kaito compact antenna-attaches to any metal telscoping antenna

4 x cliffbars, kaito wrx911 (SW/AM/FM) w/headphones(also fit cell phone) and power adaptor,

space blanket. One ziplock bag I keep ibuprofen, pepto pills, cough drops, 8xwetwipes, and prescription pills in their original bottles to be certain I'm not breaking any laws.

Next ziplock bag-gold bond powder, hand sanitizer, nyquil night time liquid caps, speed stick, 7 x wet wipes, roll of gauze tape, 2 x mini toothpastes, mini toothbrush, hand sanitizer, SPF 30 sunblock, coughdrops

post-1371-13851497639677_thumb.jpg

post-1371-13851497639862_thumb.jpg

Edited by SurvivalCache

Hi all! A friend of mine told me to check out this contest and now I'm digging the website. Here's my entry. I'm in so cal, and my bag is designed with the idea of a get home bag in case of unrest. It doubles as a general emergency bag, kept in the trunk of my car.

I still need to get things, like pepper spray, a compass, waterproof paper and spacey pen, water tablets, and don't laugh, inflatable neck pillow and eye cover, quickclot, carey and co. knot cards,filter straw, glacier gel blister and burn dressing, lockpicks, etc.

I'm also adding a Mollie II assault pack with some bulkier items like MREs, emergency bars, blanket, water, and some extra clothes.

My philosophy is that since it's less obtusive, I'm more likely to grab the fake-maxpedition bag by UTG and have it with me when I need it. I also like that all the things I'm likely to need are at hand, rather than having to remove a backpack to reach them. Things like a discreet holster pocket that I'm getting pepper spray for, but which could hold subcompact or compact pistols. (FYI I twisted off the zipper pulls as they're noisy and put paracord on instead)(the Maxpedition bag lacks mollie straps on the bottom or the drawstring closure like a sack for the main compartment. The Max is definitely made better, but this fit the bill for me)

I should mention I go nuts with the grip tape becuase it adheres and reseals so well. I use it on all bottles to keep them from coming open, on my carabiners to silence them, on my flahlight to stop it from accidentally turning on with a twist, and anywhere else I possibly can, evidentally. I may have to paracord the waterbottle to the pack to hold it still, but I'll worry about that when the time comes. Same with paracording the bag to my belt to stop movement, or using the velcro straps on the back side of it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]181[/ATTACH]

Holster Compartment Contents:(one pic from Amazon because I forgot to get a shot of it)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]182[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]184[/ATTACH]

I will carry pepper spray in CA legal 2.5oz size. I also have 50 rds of 9mm boxed and silenced with gun swabs, and 18 rds of .22 covered in grip tape to silence them.

Main Compartment Contents:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185[/ATTACH] 2011-12-01184655.jpg

front pocket 20 pk of wet ones aka buttwipe

rear pocket am/fm radio, kaito compact antenna-attaches to any metal telscoping antenna

4 x cliffbars, kaito wrx911 (SW/AM/FM) w/headphones(also fit cell phone) and power adaptor,

space blanket. One ziplock bag I keep ibuprofen, pepto pills, cough drops, 8xwetwipes, and prescription pills in their original bottles to be certain I'm not breaking any laws.

Next ziplock bag-gold bond powder, hand sanitizer, nyquil night time liquid caps, speed stick, 7 x wet wipes, roll of gauze tape, 2 x mini toothpastes, mini toothbrush, hand sanitizer, SPF 30 sunblock, coughdrops

post-1371-1385149772634_thumb.jpg

post-1371-13851497726783_thumb.jpg

post-1371-13851497726944_thumb.jpg

post-1371-13851497727085_thumb.jpg

post-1371-13851497727481_thumb.jpg

bottom flap

post-1371-13851497640906_thumb.jpg

constitution, 2xthumbdrives with scanned ID documents, small rolls of grip, paper, stretchy, and duct tape. travel wallet with neck cord and money and paper copies of IDs.

Top flap

post-1371-13851497641325_thumb.jpg

2 x rolls of paracord, needlenose vice grips, 2 x pens, 2 x sharpies, 2 x cellphone battery charger and battery

Front pocket

post-1371-13851497641715_thumb.jpg 2011-12-01191210.jpg

3 x earplugs, latex gloves, spiderco 3.5" knife, 2 x can openers, Los Angeles map, lighter, clear safety glasses, head lamp, first aid kit, 2xchapsticks, multi pocketknife, first aid kit.

Sidepocket

post-1371-1385149764211_thumb.jpg

12xAA batteries, can opener, cliff bars

I have a liter bottle of water in the holder, an aluminum travel bottle on a carabiner, a 2xAA battery LED flashlight on a carbiner, and a Molle pouch attached to the bottom of the bag for extra water or bars if I'm going on a hike.

Sorry about the pic situation, you can only add 5 tops per post.

bottom flap

[ATTACH=CONFIG]186[/ATTACH]

constitution, 2xthumbdrives with scanned ID documents, small rolls of grip, paper, stretchy, and duct tape. travel wallet with neck cord and money and paper copies of IDs.

Top flap

[ATTACH=CONFIG]187[/ATTACH]

2 x rolls of paracord, needlenose vice grips, 2 x pens, 2 x sharpies, 2 x cellphone battery charger and battery

Front pocket

[ATTACH=CONFIG]188[/ATTACH] 2011-12-01191210.jpg

3 x earplugs, latex gloves, spiderco 3.5" knife, 2 x can openers, Los Angeles map, lighter, clear safety glasses, head lamp, first aid kit, 2xchapsticks, multi pocketknife, first aid kit.

Sidepocket

[ATTACH=CONFIG]189[/ATTACH]

12xAA batteries, can opener, cliff bars

I have a liter bottle of water in the holder, an aluminum travel bottle on a carabiner, a 2xAA battery LED flashlight on a carbiner, and a Molle pouch attached to the bottom of the bag for extra water or bars if I'm going on a hike.

Sorry about the pic situation, you can only add 5 tops per post.

post-1371-13851497727913_thumb.jpg

post-1371-13851497728321_thumb.jpg

post-1371-13851497728708_thumb.jpg

post-1371-13851497729096_thumb.jpg

Very nice gear. I lust after the Kukri! One suggestion though...consider labeling the unmarked tubes with pills in them. Could be someone helping you would not know what they were. Just a thought.

very good call. as many times as ive looked at 81's pics i didnt catch that at all.

Greetings.

Great idea for a contest! It’s been good to see how others prepare their bug-out bags. I’ve gotten a number of good ideas. To keep the sharing of information going, I wanted to offer my bug-out bag for inspection.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]201[/ATTACH]

CLOTHING, WEAPONS, BAGS, ETC.

-- Large digital camouflage backpack with aluminum frame. Integrated water-resistant, draw-string liners.

-- Foam mat. Of course if there is enough time, I’ll throw a sleeping bag into the Jeep to use with this. But if all I have is an emergency survival bag/blanket, the foam mat will be a nice luxury.

-- Emergency survival bag/blanket.

-- Camouflage rain poncho.

-- Water-proof packing bag (upper left corner). All of my clothing is packed in this to ensure I always have access to dry clothing.

-- Cargo pants x1

-- T-shits, neutral colors x2

-- Underwear x2

-- Wool socks x2 pair

-- Light-weight work gloves x1 pair

-- Insulated leather gloves x1 pair

-- Boots (well broken-in, of course)

-- Winter coat

-- Boonie hat

-- Handkerchief. Multiple uses, including dust mask, bandana, sling, tourniquet, etc.

-- Small sewing kit.

-- Camouflage load-bearing vest with 2 canteen covers, 2 rifle ammo pouches, 2 pistol ammo pouches, and holster

-- Canteens x2

-- Primary weapon: Smith & Wesson M&P15 with EOtech holographic sight and Surefire weapons light

-- Primary weapon ammo: 180 rounds in 6 Magpul magazines

-- Secondary weapon: Sig Sauer Scorpion .45 1911 with night sights

-- Secondary weapon ammo: 2 standard magazines, 1 extended magazine

** Note: I have a weapons carry permit for my state with reciprocity to most neighboring states. Depending on the situation, I may leave the AR15 in my safe at home and/or take my Mossberg M590A1 shotgun in its sling if I will be mostly on foot as it would appear ‘less menacing’ to others. The situation will dictate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]202[/ATTACH]

GENERAL SURVIVAL SUPPLIES

-- Rifle cleaning kit. Not a necessity, but its weight adds little to my bag.

-- Paracord. Indispensible in any B.O.B.

-- Knife/bayonet. Mounts onto my Mossberg M590A1 shotgun.

-- Waterproof matches in gasket-sealed container

-- Gasket-sealed box containing extra cash, credit cards, social security card, and duplicate ID

-- Folding shovel.

-- Compact rolls of toilet paper x2

-- Camouflage duct tape.

-- Compact mess kit in bag

-- Camp towel

-- Katadyn pocket water filter. Filters up to 13,000 gallons of water (more than I will hopefully ever need)

-- Paper pad with pen and Sharpie (sealed in zip-lock bag)

-- Flashlight (batteries stored separately until needed)

-- Gerber pocket saw

-- GI can openers (I have no cans with me, but c’mon you can’t have a B.O.B. without a GI can opener)

-- Essential toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, fresh wipes).

-- 5-gal water carrier. Although I have 2 canteens for personal water storage, my Katadyn allows me to purify more water than I’ll need. This water carrier would allow me to filter water and dispense it for other evacuees, etc. as a good gesture.

-- MRE’s x 7

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203[/ATTACH]

AID BAG

It goes without saying that everyone should have a limited first aid kit in their B.O.B. However, as a practicing physician, I may need further resources to aid others in my party, etc.

-- Small camouflage bag. This bag buckles onto my larger B.O.B., allowing me to carry it separately as needed.

-- Plano storage box. This is essential in organizing the smaller medical items.

-- Petroleum gauze x2. Used for small burns or its wrapper can be used in an open pneumothorax (“sucking chest wound”) as a 3-sided dressing.

-- Small gauze pad x4

-- Large gauze pad x4

-- Large abdominal gauze pad x1

-- Steri-strips. Used for small wound or incision closure.

-- Tegaderm x2. Used to cover wounds or keep gauze in place.

-- ACE wrap x2

-- Gauze rolls x4

-- Band-aids x10

-- Purell hand gel

-- Multiple suture packets (both non-absorbable and absorbable of varying types). The needle driver is in field surgical kit.

-- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) x1 bottle. Pain reliever and fever reducer.

-- Ibuprofen (Motrin) x1 bottle. Anti-inflammatory, pain reliever, and fever reducer.

-- Loperamide (Imodium A-D) x1 package. Anti-diarrheal medication.

-- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) x1 package. Anti-itch, anti-allergy, and sleep aid.

-- Hydrocortisone x 1 tube. Topical corticosteroid with multiple applications.

-- Triple antibiotic ointment x1 tube. Used for cuts, etc. Note: some people may have a contact dermatitis (skin allergy) to one of the antibiotics found in the ointment. Petroleum jelly is recommended for most cuts, etc. as it is often sufficient and does not have the risk of contact dermatitis (however, my fiancée stole my small jar of Vaseline from my aid bag….I need to get it replaced).

-- Lip balm x1 tube.

-- Bandage tape (paper tape, silk tape, plastic tape)

-- Moleskin. This should be a ‘must-have’ item in any B.O.B. as blisters will impede your travel if you’re evacuating on foot.

-- Sterile latex gloves x1 pair.

-- Non-sterile nitrile examination gloves x5 pair.

-- QuikClot x1 package

-- Surgical kit. Don’t buy one unless you know how to use the instruments. It could do more harm than good.

-- SAM splint x1. Used to splint fractures.

-- Bandage shears. Used to cut bandages and remove clothing to expose wounds.

-- Betadine solution. An antiseptic solution used in cleaning around wounds and as a skin preparation for surgery.

-- Insect spray

-- Bulb suction. Used for clearing secretions from newborns’ airways

-- Curved hemostat x2 (one is missing from the pic)

-- Ringed forceps x1

-- Digital thermometer

-- Littman stethoscope (my back-up stethoscope)

-- Handkerchief

** Needed items: large-gauge needle for a needle decompression of a tension pneumothorax and a tourniquet.

** Note: I have no chronic medical conditions which would be adversely affected by being without my medications for a few weeks. Otherwise, I would have packed a week’s supply of them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204[/ATTACH]

MY COMPLETE B.O.B. (sans weapons)

The aid bag is shown buckled to the back of the backpack. It is surprisingly light (estimated weight 35 lb). The above B.O.B. is augmented by my ‘get home bag’ in my vehicle which contains a compass, maps of surrounding states, survival water pouches, survival food rations, a 2-man tent, a Gerber survival knife, fire starter, Leatherman multi-tool, more duct tape, a tarp, a Gen4 Glock 21 .45 pistol with 4 loaded magazines, and a holster.

Take care!

LonsterMonster

post-1329-13851497729608_thumb.jpg

post-1329-13851497730018_thumb.jpg

post-1329-13851497730323_thumb.jpg

post-1329-13851497730653_thumb.jpg

Greetings.

Great idea for a contest! It’s been good to see how others prepare their bug-out bags. I’ve gotten a number of good ideas. To keep the sharing of information going, I wanted to offer my bug-out bag for inspection.

post-1329-13851497644964_thumb.jpg

CLOTHING, WEAPONS, BAGS, ETC.

-- Large digital camouflage backpack with aluminum frame. Integrated water-resistant, draw-string liners.

-- Foam mat. Of course if there is enough time, I’ll throw a sleeping bag into the Jeep to use with this. But if all I have is an emergency survival bag/blanket, the foam mat will be a nice luxury.

-- Emergency survival bag/blanket.

-- Camouflage rain poncho.

-- Water-proof packing bag (upper left corner). All of my clothing is packed in this to ensure I always have access to dry clothing.

-- Cargo pants x1

-- T-shits, neutral colors x2

-- Underwear x2

-- Wool socks x2 pair

-- Light-weight work gloves x1 pair

-- Insulated leather gloves x1 pair

-- Boots (well broken-in, of course)

-- Winter coat

-- Boonie hat

-- Handkerchief. Multiple uses, including dust mask, bandana, sling, tourniquet, etc.

-- Small sewing kit.

-- Camouflage load-bearing vest with 2 canteen covers, 2 rifle ammo pouches, 2 pistol ammo pouches, and holster

-- Canteens x2

-- Primary weapon: Smith & Wesson M&P15 with EOtech holographic sight and Surefire weapons light

-- Primary weapon ammo: 180 rounds in 6 Magpul magazines

-- Secondary weapon: Sig Sauer Scorpion .45 1911 with night sights

-- Secondary weapon ammo: 2 standard magazines, 1 extended magazine

** Note: I have a weapons carry permit for my state with reciprocity to most neighboring states. Depending on the situation, I may leave the AR15 in my safe at home and/or take my Mossberg M590A1 shotgun in its sling if I will be mostly on foot as it would appear ‘less menacing’ to others. The situation will dictate.

post-1329-13851497667808_thumb.jpg

GENERAL SURVIVAL SUPPLIES

-- Rifle cleaning kit. Not a necessity, but its weight adds little to my bag.

-- Paracord. Indispensible in any B.O.B.

-- Knife/bayonet. Mounts onto my Mossberg M590A1 shotgun.

-- Waterproof matches in gasket-sealed container

-- Gasket-sealed box containing extra cash, credit cards, social security card, and duplicate ID

-- Folding shovel.

-- Compact rolls of toilet paper x2

-- Camouflage duct tape.

-- Compact mess kit in bag

-- Camp towel

-- Katadyn pocket water filter. Filters up to 13,000 gallons of water (more than I will hopefully ever need)

-- Paper pad with pen and Sharpie (sealed in zip-lock bag)

-- Flashlight (batteries stored separately until needed)

-- Gerber pocket saw

-- GI can openers (I have no cans with me, but c’mon you can’t have a B.O.B. without a GI can opener)

-- Essential toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, fresh wipes).

-- 5-gal water carrier. Although I have 2 canteens for personal water storage, my Katadyn allows me to purify more water than I’ll need. This water carrier would allow me to filter water and dispense it for other evacuees, etc. as a good gesture.

-- MRE’s x 7

post-1329-13851497668167_thumb.jpg

AID BAG

It goes without saying that everyone should have a limited first aid kit in their B.O.B. However, as a practicing physician, I may need further resources to aid others in my party, etc.

-- Small camouflage bag. This bag buckles onto my larger B.O.B., allowing me to carry it separately as needed.

-- Plano storage box. This is essential in organizing the smaller medical items.

-- Petroleum gauze x2. Used for small burns or its wrapper can be used in an open pneumothorax (“sucking chest wound”) as a 3-sided dressing.

-- Small gauze pad x4

-- Large gauze pad x4

-- Large abdominal gauze pad x1

-- Steri-strips. Used for small wound or incision closure.

-- Tegaderm x2. Used to cover wounds or keep gauze in place.

-- ACE wrap x2

-- Gauze rolls x4

-- Band-aids x10

-- Purell hand gel

-- Multiple suture packets (both non-absorbable and absorbable of varying types). The needle driver is in field surgical kit.

-- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) x1 bottle. Pain reliever and fever reducer.

-- Ibuprofen (Motrin) x1 bottle. Anti-inflammatory, pain reliever, and fever reducer.

-- Loperamide (Imodium A-D) x1 package. Anti-diarrheal medication.

-- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) x1 package. Anti-itch, anti-allergy, and sleep aid.

-- Hydrocortisone x 1 tube. Topical corticosteroid with multiple applications.

-- Triple antibiotic ointment x1 tube. Used for cuts, etc. Note: some people may have a contact dermatitis (skin allergy) to one of the antibiotics found in the ointment. Petroleum jelly is recommended for most cuts, etc. as it is often sufficient and does not have the risk of contact dermatitis (however, my fiancée stole my small jar of Vaseline from my aid bag….I need to get it replaced).

-- Lip balm x1 tube.

-- Bandage tape (paper tape, silk tape, plastic tape)

-- Moleskin. This should be a ‘must-have’ item in any B.O.B. as blisters will impede your travel if you’re evacuating on foot.

-- Sterile latex gloves x1 pair.

-- Non-sterile nitrile examination gloves x5 pair.

-- QuikClot x1 package

-- Surgical kit. Don’t buy one unless you know how to use the instruments. It could do more harm than good.

-- SAM splint x1. Used to splint fractures.

-- Bandage shears. Used to cut bandages and remove clothing to expose wounds.

-- Betadine solution. An antiseptic solution used in cleaning around wounds and as a skin preparation for surgery.

-- Insect spray

-- Bulb suction. Used for clearing secretions from newborns’ airways

-- Curved hemostat x2 (one is missing from the pic)

-- Ringed forceps x1

-- Digital thermometer

-- Littman stethoscope (my back-up stethoscope)

-- Handkerchief

** Needed items: large-gauge needle for a needle decompression of a tension pneumothorax and a tourniquet.

** Note: I have no chronic medical conditions which would be adversely affected by being without my medications for a few weeks. Otherwise, I would have packed a week’s supply of them.

post-1329-13851497668538_thumb.jpg

MY COMPLETE B.O.B. (sans weapons)

The aid bag is shown buckled to the back of the backpack. It is surprisingly light (estimated weight 35 lb). The above B.O.B. is augmented by my ‘get home bag’ in my vehicle which contains a compass, maps of surrounding states, survival water pouches, survival food rations, a 2-man tent, a Gerber survival knife, fire starter, Leatherman multi-tool, more duct tape, a tarp, a Gen4 Glock 21 .45 pistol with 4 loaded magazines, and a holster.

Take care!

LonsterMonster

Well, I've decided to copy and paste everyone's bag set ups into the bag part of my current Survival Supply List and modify it with things I like, cutting out duplications of things I already have, and replacing things which are better than mine on others's lists. :)

Very nice, Lonster!

Can anyone recommend a good pair of wire cutters that are BOB suitable and will cut through a wire fence?

Oh FWIWI I'm adding some Ammonia Inhalant(4.15 shipped at amazon). Supposed to be very good to wake you up. "It is a painful odor that brings tears to the eyes, clears the nasal pathway, pisses you off and boosts strength and determination." says one review.

Since I used to work nights, I'm slightly obsessed with sleep. If I don't get enough rest I feel bad and my reasoning skills are nil. I figure if I'm ever in a situation where I'll have to get some rest in uncomfortable circumstances, I'll be stressed out and worried, and possibly having to sleep during the daytime and travel at night. So I threw a few things in there to make resting and waking a bit easier perhaps.

Edited by SurvivalCache

I'm a medical doctor (MD) currently completing my last year of family medicine residency. I have areas of interest in emergency medicine, obstetrics, and preventive care.

maybe you would be willing to go to the MED section and give us basic ideas on a Bug Out med kit, and how to take care of the normal injuries one can expect to get or come across in the field.

I'll personally stay away from ammonia. It attacks the mucus membranes which is why you get that sensation. Probably safe enough in small PPM(parts per million) I'm sure, especially in a survival only use. I'll just run some caffeine pills and vitamin B complex (or Five Hour Energy).

Oh, and this guy gave me this list once for a min-max long term needs for survival. It's pretty neat and worth a look. http://www.thepreparednessblog.com/capability-checklist/

Yeah, it's pretty decent. I wish more sites would organize a 'supply list page' and then link to the articles and stores directly from the list after each item. Kind of like:

Weapons:

AR-15: Bravo Company Manufacturing RECCE 14 Mod 0

Obviously one would want these links to open in new tabs so persons could stay on the list and look at other tabs to read and purchase items. Heck, I think I may even set up a page to do that now.

By clicking on the 'AR-15' you would link to the http://survivalcache.com/the-best-survival-rifle-carbine-ar15/ page and by clicking on the 'Bravo Company Manufacturing RECCE 14 Mod 0' you would link to http://bravocompanymfg.com/specification/bcm_recce_145.php.

I'm sorry if this is a little rough, I'm still figuring out how to post this.

So, I have two bags. One carries a medical kit and bare essentials, and the other carries snivel gear, like sleeping bags, extra clothes and an extra set of survival gear. I will talk most about the smaller bag (MOLLE 3 day assault pack). I have things in it with the idea in mind that I need to grab it quickly.

NOTE: I replenish the water every week.

post-1298-1385149767003_thumb.jpg

SMALLER BAG:

1 double roll of toilet paper (explanation unnecessary)

Bandana (see article: http://survivalcache.com/30-uses-for-a-bandana/ )

Camelbak (for storing water and other drinkable fluids)

water purification tablets

large red cross first aid kit (full sized trauma kit made for natural disasters and other catastrophes for several people)

3 quart canteens (military w/ belt holder thingies) used when I don't have the BOB on)

Boonie cap (woodland camo; for hiding from MZBs and for hunting)

my extra boots (in case I can't grab my normal pair)

magnesium fire starter (it lasts longer than matches)

little red tube thingie with a small signal mirror, a compass, some flint, a whistle, and waterproof matches

Deodorant (no need to smell bad, but only until I make some woods soap)

One pair of woodland BDUs (for obvious reasons)

toothbrush/ toothpaste (cavities aren't fun when you're trying to hunt)

Duct tape (explanation unneeded)

rewindable flashlight (batteries are NOT forever)

head lamp (75 hour run time) 3 sets of batteries

wallet (50 dollars, signal mirror, identity, old receipts i don't need)

3p. undergarments and 7p socks.

Swiss army officer knife

large folding blade

pens and paper

matches (1000, spread over several largish boxes)

folding shovel w/ saw (dog not included)

wire saw

2 more compasses

thread and needle (for small repairs)

3 throwing knives (hunting small, lethargic animals)

SAS pocket survival manual (nice, in-depth book with section on edible plants)

2 books (for help in relaxation)

Chocolate (yummy)

2 candles (edible)

Three emergency blankets (to reflect fire's heat) or to keep (barely) warm

calculator

2 days food (1 day over what I need to get to my Bug out point; not pictured)

2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants

2 pistol belts (one OD the other desert)

paracord braclet ( I found my 100 ft of it today)

flight sunglasses (see: http://survivalcache.com/survival-sunglasses/

the gold bag in the main picture doesn't fit into the BOB, but sits next to it. It holds the shinken (live blade Japanese sword) I cut with every week (so I'm not someone who bought a $35 sword and never even tried it out)

The bigger bag (large Alice pack) has a basic survival kit (knife, matches, duct tape, whistle, signal mirror, flashlight, chocolate) a weeks worth of clothes (not pictured) 4 days food/ 3 days water (again, not pictured) a sleeping bag, a small pillow, a tool kit, more toilet paper, snivel gear, etc. I would stow this in a vehicle, it is pretty heavy.

post-1298-13851497670582_thumb.jpg

That's all I have currently, though I'm hoping to get some knives/hatchets and mosquito netting and maybe a crossbow soon to add to it.

post-1298-13851497670273_thumb.jpg

post-1298-13851497670953_thumb.jpg

post-1298-13851497671281_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry if this is a little rough, I'm still figuring out how to post this.

So, I have two bags. One carries a medical kit and bare essentials, and the other carries snivel gear, like sleeping bags, extra clothes and an extra set of survival gear. I will talk most about the smaller bag (MOLLE 3 day assault pack). I have things in it with the idea in mind that I need to grab it quickly.

NOTE: I replenish the water every week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]210[/ATTACH]

SMALLER BAG:

1 double roll of toilet paper (explanation unnecessary)

Bandana (see article: http://survivalcache.com/30-uses-for-a-bandana/ )

Camelbak (for storing water and other drinkable fluids)

water purification tablets

large red cross first aid kit (full sized trauma kit made for natural disasters and other catastrophes for several people)

3 quart canteens (military w/ belt holder thingies) used when I don't have the BOB on)

Boonie cap (woodland camo; for hiding from MZBs and for hunting)

my extra boots (in case I can't grab my normal pair)

magnesium fire starter (it lasts longer than matches)

little red tube thingie with a small signal mirror, a compass, some flint, a whistle, and waterproof matches

Deodorant (no need to smell bad, but only until I make some woods soap)

One pair of woodland BDUs (for obvious reasons)

toothbrush/ toothpaste (cavities aren't fun when you're trying to hunt)

Duct tape (explanation unneeded)

rewindable flashlight (batteries are NOT forever)

head lamp (75 hour run time) 3 sets of batteries

wallet (50 dollars, signal mirror, identity, old receipts i don't need)

3p. undergarments and 7p socks.

Swiss army officer knife

large folding blade

pens and paper

matches (1000, spread over several largish boxes)

folding shovel w/ saw (dog not included)

wire saw

2 more compasses

thread and needle (for small repairs)

3 throwing knives (hunting small, lethargic animals)

SAS pocket survival manual (nice, in-depth book with section on edible plants)

2 books (for help in relaxation)

Chocolate (yummy)

2 candles (edible)

Three emergency blankets (to reflect fire's heat) or to keep (barely) warm

calculator

2 days food (1 day over what I need to get to my Bug out point; not pictured)

2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants

2 pistol belts (one OD the other desert)

paracord braclet ( I found my 100 ft of it today)

flight sunglasses (see: http://survivalcache.com/survival-sunglasses/

the gold bag in the main picture doesn't fit into the BOB, but sits next to it. It holds the shinken (live blade Japanese sword) I cut with every week (so I'm not someone who bought a $35 sword and never even tried it out)

The bigger bag (large Alice pack) has a basic survival kit (knife, matches, duct tape, whistle, signal mirror, flashlight, chocolate) a weeks worth of clothes (not pictured) 4 days food/ 3 days water (again, not pictured) a sleeping bag, a small pillow, a tool kit, more toilet paper, snivel gear, etc. I would stow this in a vehicle, it is pretty heavy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]211[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]212[/ATTACH]

That's all I have currently, though I'm hoping to get some knives/hatchets and mosquito netting and maybe a crossbow soon to add to it.

post-1298-13851497730901_thumb.jpg

post-1298-13851497731137_thumb.jpg

post-1298-13851497731379_thumb.jpg

post-1298-13851497731611_thumb.jpg

post-1298-13851497731843_thumb.jpg