Sign in to follow this  
101matt

Android app's for a prepper??

Android app's for prepping?

We do have a wide diverse set of Preper's here and I know that some are Tecky's and (sorry)Geek's,with all do respect.I live with one and she asked me to POST this!

Android seem's to be the usable app's because of open sourse,and many hate apple and micro turd(my wifes view).

If anyone can research it,like Im doing or has any experence with them Please let me know.

I have found a couple of app's that look good so far..(not bought yet) about GPS and maps..you can over lay them on the app and use it when in the field with no wi fi..a Nexus 7...seems to be in my Future...

Thanks much.

B matt

i wouldnt rely on tecky stuff for the future i would have hard copies of stuff instead...

wally I do have hard copy's of everything important.

But to deny the fact that the resources are there and not to use them seems a bit foolish to me..Im to the point that I am willing to try anything to maintain an EDGE..

I got off my butt and found a few..

Med jet.com Is a travel based app.for emergency medical and looks good ..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sitewire.medjet&feature=search_result

homesteader.... http://www.survivalhomesteader.com/2012/04/12/10-essential-android-apps/

A main page for prepers with all ready tested app's.

http://www.techpreps.com/android-apps-for-preppers/

Matt, if you want to pay for the apps there are numerous healthcare apps out there that are great. There's a free version of ePocrates you can download that gives you a lot of drug information. You may not know what to do with it, but it's a good resource to look up drugs, recommended dosages, side effects, mechanism of action, etc. Download it and give it a shot. The costly versions have diagnostic criteria.

Google Maps and Weather Bug are two apps I use the most followed by ePocrates for work. I know you can download the U.S. Army survival guide for free (I have it), and you can download the SAS Survival Handbook for a fee. The scanner apps could be good for a prepper if your area has streaming radio traffic. Cargo Decoder is cool, and it'll readily give you a lot of hazmat information based on placard numbers. Home Depot has an awesome app as does my local grocer that I use to find items. Then there are some less useful such as a medicinal herb app and one for vitamins and minerals. I have a compass app that's kind of cool as well as a bubble level, lol. Sound Hound isn't by any stretch a prepper app, but it's fun to have when you hear a song playing and wonder what song it is. My banking app is handy, and Google Sky Map is pretty darn cool. I really like that one. I have a periodic table of elements for no reason, and a paid app called U.S. Cop that I use as a sort of training aide. I was a police officer before I was an RN, and I'm still a reserve officer so U.S. Cop has some use to me professionally as do the medical apps.

I downloaded the GPS Essentials, Swiss Army Knife, and iMedJet. The first two are pretty techie and kinda cool. The iMedJet was has legitimate information and is set up well. It's one of those things that you can drill through when you're sitting in a lobby somewhere bored waiting for something without having to give it all your attention to retain it or refresh on it.