Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Vive

Doomsday Preppers

Oh I watch....I laugh....But Who knows I might actually learn something one of these days.

So far survival cache wins on learning from the internet and survivor man from the tv....and Mom andDad fromthe real world. Funny part is they don't even know they are preppers....to quote Dan they are just "old school Texans".

One thing I noted when watching these shows is the extreme prepping and the money these people spend but the one thing that don't cost nothing is physical conditioning and some of these people are in look to be in poor shape all that stuff they have will do them no good when they cant walk a mile if they had to.

Thought I'd add this here. It's an interview with a couple of the people who have been featured on the show and a reminder (to mainstream people) of why Doomsday Preppers is relevant and not just something for people who are "crazy."

http://www.hitfix.com/starr-raving/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-doomsday-preppers

Thought it was pretty well done.

It's not going to be the drum circles that drive people away, it will be the reek of patchouli. LOL

Actually, I believe they did have some sort of defense in mind and had even sought assistance from someone who could train them on how to effectively use weapons. They were visibly uncomfortable talking about it, though.

being trained in weapons use and the actual will to use them are 2 different things. they sound like the latter will be the one in which they might fail

being trained in weapons use and the actual will to use them are 2 different things. they sound like the latter will be the one in which they might fail

Good point. If you hesitate when you need to strike, it's not going to matter how good your weapons are or how accurate you might be. Especially in a gunfight, things could all be over within the few seconds. You're still thinking "if" or "maybe" and the other guy has already decided "now" and acted.

In serving in the army, I think if World war III comes around us as civilians will not have to worry too much. Especially if you’re near a Military base, because after the warning the big explosion will begin.

I think Prepping is a good idea but we can’t get carried away. I think being able to survive for ten days or so is a more real act, then surviving a nuke strike. What we as the little guy should worry about are storms like Sandy, IKE, Major tornado and ECT. In the last few years this prediction has come true.

People not ready not caring to be ready. If you look at it, one can survive with 4-8 people and get passed the worst of times. So I use the KISS systems keep it simple and stupid. Weapons, Food, First Aid, and water, shelter. I have enough to last 10 good days and a good back up plain. During an envisions 11 people will not hold out a Motorize Rifle regiment, no madder how many rifle hand guns and ammo they have it’s not like red dawn.

Good point. If you hesitate when you need to strike, it's not going to matter how good your weapons are or how accurate you might be. Especially in a gunfight, things could all be over within the few seconds. You're still thinking "if" or "maybe" and the other guy has already decided "now" and acted.

tru dat :)