Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

SOG Seal Pup

I like my SOG Seal Pup. I would give it a good recomendation on being a well made knife.

It lacks some funtionality it that it is more of a self defense or general use knife.

Before the Seal Pup I would have good knifes to clean and butcher animal, fillet a fish, and first a very good pocket knife. The Seal Pup is like a battle rifle, get a .22 and shotgun for foraging first.

Just my opinion.

Edited by SurvivalCache

I like my SEAL pup. The design allows it to do multiple functions and it's lighter and easier to carry on a day hike than my Gerber LMF II. Plus, I have the nylon sheath and I love the pouch that it has. I keep a stick of magnesium and knife sharpener in it.

Edited by SurvivalCache

wow i see im not the only fan. good deal.

delta, i got the plastic sheath with mine. didnt want my blade setting in water all day.

my BUG IN/OUT plans both are circled around water. i have a lot of skill set around water

and will/would use that to my advantage. plus my outings are always centered around water.

ive taken a bike innertube and cut a section of about 4in and sealed one end with glue. the

other end is open and acts as a pocket and banded to the knife sheath.

rigged yes but works wonderfully.

Bama

any suggestions on a "foraging" option?

A fixed blade, not very big, with a gut hook. If it has the teeth on the bottom of blade for cutting rope that is a plus but most with gut hook are considered a skinning knife and have a traditional blade.

Affordable, quality models would be Buck, Gerber, Kershaw, and there are many more.

Unless you know exactly what you want in a knife I would buy from a dealer so you can hold it and make sure you like it, the weight, sheath, etc...

I too have always wondered about the pup. On several occasions I have almost picked it up but there is just something about it when I see it that makes me not get it...someday.

i had the same "feelings" too. i broke down and got it anyways. very glad i did after i started using it.

wouldnt trade mine for anything ive seen thus far.

Its a well made knife. As for the design, for my taste, it kinda falls in the "not big enuff and/or not small enuff" catagory. Meaning its not big enough for big tasks and its not small enoguh for finer chores. If it was a little bit bigger it would match up with most bushcraft/survival blades. If it were a little smaller and lighter it would match up with your Mora type knives. But I find it in the middle of the 2. And I have yet to find a situation in where it excells. Maybe as a tactical knife.

Its a well made knife. As for the design, for my taste, it kinda falls in the "not big enuff and/or not small enuff" catagory. Meaning its not big enough for big tasks and its not small enoguh for finer chores. If it was a little bit bigger it would match up with most bushcraft/survival blades. If it were a little smaller and lighter it would match up with your Mora type knives. But I find it in the middle of the 2. And I have yet to find a situation in where it excells. Maybe as a tactical knife.

this is why i like the knife. does it excell at anything? no but it does the job it was designed to do rather well. full tang, holds an edge really well, light in hand, and cuts very nicely. the blade holds up to all weather conditions very well too. yes it is well made indeed.

I got my Sog Seal Pup Elite black tini a couple weeks ago. I absolutely love it. Came out of the box razor sharp and it looks badass. Its the perfect mid-size knife.

I've used it once for light duty. Love the feel of it in my hand. I want to baby it but I can tell the knife wants me to put it to work. All in due time :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Topics

• HELLO! WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI WORLD RICHES. Are you a business Man, politician, musical, student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Illuminati brotherhood, and receive a monthly salary of $500,000 USD. We are ready to change your life, we can make your Dreams come true, also we are going to give you everything that you need in this Life .... *Riches  *Power *Famous *Wealth  With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish,So have you make up your mind that you want to join the great Illuminati brotherhood to become rich and famous in life population and also you will be protected from all evils against you and your family.
      If you're really ready to be a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood then contact us via WhatsApp:  +1 315 203 9948 or our official Email: {officialilluminati999@gmail.com} Visits our Websites for more info: https://illuminatiofficial666world.wordpress.com

• HELLO! WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI WORLD RICHES. Are you a business Man, politician, musical, student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Illuminati brotherhood, and receive a monthly salary of $500,000 USD. We are ready to change your life, we can make your Dreams come true, also we are going to give you everything that you need in this Life .... *Riches  *Power *Famous *Wealth  With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish,So have you make up your mind that you want to join the great Illuminati brotherhood to become rich and famous in life population and also you will be protected from all evils against you and your family.
      If you're really ready to be a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood then contact us via WhatsApp:  +1 315 203 9948 or our official Email: {officialilluminati999@gmail.com} Visits our Websites for more info: https://illuminatiofficial666world.wordpress.com

• INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,,  I GOT SOMETHING NEW
      Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months! See how it works
      Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
      Make up you mind before applying, straight deal... Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
      via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that  can be use to hack ATM
      machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
      stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
      buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
      and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
      you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
      services, we are here for you anytime any day. Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS: Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
      Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
      Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
      Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
      Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!! The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
      email address:: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com} Visit our Website for more Info: https://automatictellers.webs.com
      ®
      Make up you mind before applying, straight deal... Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us

services, we are here for you anytime any day. Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS: Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
      Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!! The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
      email address:: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com} Visit our Website for more Info: https://automatictellers.webs.com
      ®

®