Sign in to follow this  
101matt

Why to Prep? and News reporte..

After all the time I spent making fun of the 2012 people I'm going to be pissed it they were right.

No kidding, it's terrible but my biggest concern is actually having to admit that my Dad was right this whole time after he was ranting about the whole Mayan thing for decades.

While I doubt the Mayan calender thing, I do NOT doubt the ability of panicky sheeple to go nuts over the prediction. Remember Y2K? (By the way, the year 2000 was NOT the first year of the 21st century, it was the last year of the 20th!) People caused their own problems. We have always had disasters but now EVERYTHING is an indicator. OK, if Yellowstone pops, I will admit that maybe the Mayan's were on to something but I suspect the problems will come from folks panicking as they are want to do rather than from any actual event.

Doesn't change my plans - always eat desert first because you never know when (wouldn't you be really ticked if you ate your broccoli and the world ended before your got your Key Lime Pie?) - but it does give me a reason to prep. If the world is ACTUALLY going to end and go away, prepping is totally useless. If there are survivors, believe me when I say the survivors will be more comfortable and live longer if they actually have stuff they'll need to stay alive.

Just my not so humble opinion.

"I never soaked mine in salt water. Why do that Pig? "

My Dad soaked them in salt and celery,same as Coon.It took the gamey taste out..

My mother refused to cook them!!So dad always did.It was our family joke!!!

Hey matt ...sry so long to reply...spam....soaking in salt water pulls out a lot of the blood...makes em less gamey ...and helps tenderize too.

I'm with you Capt Bart. I don't go for the Mayan thing but if there just happens to be ANY sort of coincidental happening any time around 12/21/12 the sheeple and the goons may just go totally ape sh*t!! In 99 I was ready just in case and the same will be true after the second week in December.

A word to the wise out there. If something happens money in banks will suddenly just be rumor! Cash will have a short period where it will be useful until people realize that things will never be the same again. By the night of 12/31/99 I was sitting on $25,000.00 in small bills, change, gold and silver. If things had gone south or if they go south this time a hundred dollars in the hand will be worth a million in a bank that you will never see. I will spend the paper money fast and buy whatever is available the silver, gold and coins I will hold onto a little longer. I still have over a thousand dollars in the Susan B dollars and what WAS $2000.00 in Silver dollars from 99. That investment has turned out well and the gold even better.

Whatever you have you need to get it in cash ahead of time.

I'm with you Capt Bart. I don't go for the Mayan thing but if there just happens to be ANY sort of coincidental happening any time around 12/21/12 the sheeple and the goons may just go totally ape sh*t!! In 99 I was ready just in case and the same will be true after the second week in December.

A word to the wise out there. If something happens money in banks will suddenly just be rumor! Cash will have a short period where it will be useful until people realize that things will never be the same again. By the night of 12/31/99 I was sitting on $25,000.00 in small bills, change, gold and silver. If things had gone south or if they go south this time a hundred dollars in the hand will be worth a million in a bank that you will never see. I will spend the paper money fast and buy whatever is available the silver, gold and coins I will hold onto a little longer. I still have over a thousand dollars in the Susan B dollars and what WAS $2000.00 in Silver dollars from 99. That investment has turned out well and the gold even better.

Whatever you have you need to get it in cash ahead of time.

Roger that! Im already there bud.