Sign in to follow this  
P210SIG

Wake up people!

P210, I wish they would wake up, but I think many prefer oblivion so they can blame everyone else for failure (it might hurt their self esteem like failing a kid in school now). They will think they do not have to do anything because if something happens, everyone else is responsible for paying the bill to put their life back together.

Bugging, glad you made it thru.

theres pic of some guy wading through knee deep water using trash bags as waders--ok if ya got nothing else...but wtf didn't he prepare before hand? I'm sorry, but i just have no sympathy (or money) for those that don't prepare, its not like they did'nt know it was gonna happen

I agree rayz and I wouldn't spit in the collection cup of the red cross. I would imagine that maybe 10% of all donations are actually used towards the disaster they collect for, the rest is spent on salaries and perks for the officers. I never knew "not for profit" could be so financially rewarding!

i really doubt that many will change their viewpoint

Agreed wally. The biggest wake call they will ALL get is when they try and steal preps People have done to support the people who expect a free ride. I for one will not give them anything. If I know for sure I can't keep it for mine, I will burn it before giving it to the freeloaders and/or gov't.

My charity ends when they try to force it or think I have to... and I do emphasize TRY.

I'm a big proponent of Rebuilding afterwards, but I also look at an event as natural selection and see it as a way to get rid of the worst epidemic civilization has ever seen, welfare. I believe in helping, not supporting. There is a woman here in town who gets $3000 and change a month for doing nothing but being a crack whore with several kids. She gets free rent, food stamps, free medical, etc just because she refuses to work and doesn't know how to say "No". If we must pay for her kids, let them be wards of the state, be raised by someone who can and will teach them ethics and morals, and let this POS starve for all I care.

Ok, rant over.

welfare was so different when i was a little boy in the 70's we barely got by on the dole. luckily my mom did not want to be on it and re-educated herself and got a real job. it was so restrictive to live then every month was a chore to live.

I have no issue with helping someone but those who are making a "career" out of it are not worth the resources to keep them around. Economy takes a dive after several years of decent years and we have no suplus in gov't because they squandered it on their own payraises and retirement plans and buying votes from voters too ignorant and self centered to make a common sense judgement.

No power for 5 days will cause people to think about what happened!

I realy hope so..if not,well its on them..

unfortunately, they will see it as YOUR fault that they are misrable

Agreed wally. The biggest wake call they will ALL get is when they try and steal preps People have done to support the people who expect a free ride. I for one will not give them anything. If I know for sure I can't keep it for mine, I will burn it before giving it to the freeloaders and/or gov't.

My charity ends when they try to force it or think I have to... and I do emphasize TRY.

I'm a big proponent of Rebuilding afterwards, but I also look at an event as natural selection and see it as a way to get rid of the worst epidemic civilization has ever seen, welfare. I believe in helping, not supporting. There is a woman here in town who gets $3000 and change a month for doing nothing but being a crack whore with several kids. She gets free rent, food stamps, free medical, etc just because she refuses to work and doesn't know how to say "No". If we must pay for her kids, let them be wards of the state, be raised by someone who can and will teach them ethics and morals, and let this POS starve for all I care.

Ok, rant over.

X2..... TOTALY AGREE in what your saying.

I think me and the good Capt are too honest for politics....lol.

Thanks, Reg, I'd like to think you are correct. I'm afraid I'd never make it. The first time I had to testify before Congress I'd be held for contempt because I'd have to explain in exact detail just EXACTLY how I felt about those leeches.

LOL... Capt, you and me both. You'd run out of ink with all the pardons you'd have to sign over me telling them what I thought.

I'd probably also be the first person to testify that brought pictographs drawn in crayon so they MIGHT be able to understand.

Oh I could just imagine the cabinet tho.... and I am not referring to the 1 filled with single malt.

Edited by Regulator5

There was a news clip this morning on the news showing an older woman almost screaming at the camera! "We're going to starve! We're going to freeze to death." Another was a story of a particular village/town where they claim they are being shorted for aid and assistance and the other towns are getting more help than they are.

After only a few days.

As an aside, I note that the decision has been made to hold the New York City Marathon this week end anyway.

I think that shows that not a lot of New York emphasis is on helping the recovery along in the short term.

I expect that, but at the same time it makes me feel ashamed of our leaders.

We will surely be on our own if SHTF.