Sign in to follow this  
101matt

SANDY!!Update from your area!!

Tinder, sh!tago is calling for 60 mph winds and 24 ft waves off Lake Michigan. If driving, watch out for semis and RVs, they will get blown around in the high winds and there's not a whole lot they can do when hit by gusts. Defensive driving should be normal, but extra vigilance is called for if out on the roads until this all blows over.

Matt, Stay safe and glad y'all weathered pretty good so far. Keep us updated.

We B Good...

Locals have NO IDEA of real snow..lol I grew up in Michigan..3 speed shifters on the fly driving across the frozen lakes..oh baby..

Im eating to much chili..CFO..was conserened about having some fabrezee...

Morning.

Finally my Natural Alarm clock did not go off at 5am..

The Storm has Passed..the Northern parts of West Virginia took most of the snow.We had at the most 8 to 10inch.The SKI areas are partying hard right now getting in the first "Base" of snow for the season.The weather here is calm,should be in the 40s today..

Lesson I have learned.

Be ablel to replace what you use or go with out!!!!

Have the direction to a SHELTER "Just in Case" because not everyone in your family can survive in a tent in 3 ft of snow or wants to.

Re think everything,once your faced with an actual "Happening" its different than just 'Planning"....

Write down what you used and replace a.s.a.p.keep a record...

Find your "HOLES"..fill them...

Get some sleep/rest/lite moods ..dont be on edge 24/7..somebody is going to push a button..and they dont mean too.(Family and Neighbors)..

Get out side and check on your neighbors..take a shovel(SNOW) just in case they do need some help..

Dont expose your ability to "BE Armed and ready",Yes have something consealed!just in case.

Keep Radio tuned to local weather and emergency stations...

LISTEN to the sounds around you..are there fire siren/ploice movment/chopers coming from local hospital?

GET out at NITE....walk your property..get a good feeling about what is going on!It helps you sleep,restores confidence!!!

Im sure that there is more..but I will leave it to you ..

My holes!!!

LONG TERM WATER!yes I have enough to last 2 people 60 days..Thats NOT ENOUGH being winter!

Dry foods..emergency and C rations(ok so Im dating myself)..but I have Quartes of Garden 'Blessings'..

enough to last till spring...

HEAT..having the basement ready to move into,better use of wood burning stove !

Solar to re-charge batterys.................

These were my holes..and Now am getting them taken care of this winter little by little..

All in all the super storm gave me the knowledge I need to be better prepared!

Hope this helps somebody..

Brother Matt

Yes I did purchase 100 rounds of each Caliber that I own..just in case..

Edited by 101matt

P210SIG................Its about TIME we send YOU some GOOD Weather!!

stop sending us the shit storms.LMAO

Always liked shareing things, even shitty weather storms.:P

Everyone gets apiece of the pie. LOL .

Edited by P210SIG

I should say thanks for the many days "off from school" we had because of the snows as a kid..

Rouge Park was a great place to slide/fire barrels/friends /new friends/waxed cardboard...6 person toboggans....

here in WV. they just stay in.Go figure..lol

We didn't have playstation, xbox, nintendo, etc when were kids Matt...lol. You can't the kids now to go outside in good weather, let alone in weather that may be uncomfortable.

I know the kids are our future but the future really looks bleak if an event happens. I don't think most of them will be able to make it without the game systems, cell phones, 900 channels on the TV; let alone actually having to do chores to eat.

I guess the human race will definitely be stronger and should be better stewards.

Morning.

Finally my Natural Alarm clock did not go off at 5am..

The Storm has Passed..the Northern parts of West Virginia took most of the snow.We had at the most 8 to 10inch.The SKI areas are partying hard right now getting in the first "Base" of snow for the season.The weather here is calm,should be in the 40s today..

Lesson I have learned.

Be ablel to replace what you use or go with out!!!!

Have the direction to a SHELTER "Just in Case" because not everyone in your family can survive in a tent in 3 ft of snow or wants to.

Re think everything,once your faced with an actual "Happening" its different than just 'Planning"....

Write down what you used and replace a.s.a.p.keep a record...

Find your "HOLES"..fill them...

Get some sleep/rest/lite moods ..dont be on edge 24/7..somebody is going to push a button..and they dont mean too.(Family and Neighbors)..

Get out side and check on your neighbors..take a shovel(SNOW) just in case they do need some help..

Dont expose your ability to "BE Armed and ready",Yes have something consealed!just in case.

Keep Radio tuned to local weather and emergency stations...

LISTEN to the sounds around you..are there fire siren/ploice movment/chopers coming from local hospital?

GET out at NITE....walk your property..get a good feeling about what is going on!It helps you sleep,restores confidence!!!

Im sure that there is more..but I will leave it to you ..

My holes!!!

LONG TERM WATER!yes I have enough to last 2 people 60 days..Thats NOT ENOUGH being winter!

Dry foods..emergency and C rations(ok so Im dating myself)..but I have Quartes of Garden 'Blessings'..

enough to last till spring...

HEAT..having the basement ready to move into,better use of wood burning stove !

Solar to re-charge batterys.................

These were my holes..and Now am getting them taken care of this winter little by little..

All in all the super storm gave me the knowledge I need to be better prepared!

Hope this helps somebody..

Brother Matt

Yes I did purchase 100 rounds of each Caliber that I own..just in case..

Matt, yes this definitely gave me some things to think about. Thanks for sharing your experience.

http://theintelhub.com/2012/11/06/new-yorker-arrested-for-hording-gas-gas-station-owner-arrested-for-selling-it-to-him/

Article about a guy being arrested buying 120 gallons of gas for his neighborhood after driving 80 miles away to get gas for gens and such. Also mentioned non union crews being turned away from NYC and not being allowed to help with recovery.

Have to love politics when people's lives are at stake.