Sign in to follow this  
83K10

New from NC

Hey all,

found the site a couple days ago and saw some pretty useful insights and info so thought I would learn some and hopefully help out as much as I can as well. I'm a Marine at Lejeune, Heavy equipment operator with around 30 months worth of deployments. Hope i can bring

something to the table in the conversations around here.

Bill

Its definetly a work in progress... the 350 I put in it to replace the 305 is a strong engine but I think I want to go with a 6.2 or 6.5 instead. I would love to put a duramax in it but those cost lots o cash. And its been sitting for so long in Colorado (where I am from) that its got a lot of rust. I tried joining the BOV group and when I go home for Christmas I'll try to get a video of it up on here.

The 6.5 had a nasty injection pump issue, and I have yet to find a cure that will work.

Look for a 82 model engine, First year for civilian use of the 6.2 and as a result it is the same as the military spec. There are also some military spec 6.2's I see from time to time brand new and still in a sealed crate.

They also made a marine spec 6.2 that's actually a stronger engine than the military spec, if your lucky enough to find someone with an old boat they want hauled off.